Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Are the aliens really "wrong"?

Post by *Wanderer* »

BerAngelVamp wrote:it's kind of like politics....do we as americans, thinking we are better than some other third world countries, have the right to go in and change their way of life? sure, we think it would be an improvement for them, we can make them more peacable and law-abiding, like we think we are, give them due process, a democracy...but is that right for them? its hard to say. i bet they would say, most of them anyways, no. that they are the way they are and that makes them who they are...

i think from the humans perspective, yes, it's wrong...they stole us! but for the souls, it's not wrong. it's what they do....assimilate and perfect....so for me, it's sort of a rhetorical question...one that isn't really meant to be answered only pondered...
I agree! You know, I've never really thought about it like politics. Do we have a right to change their way of life? It's really about ethics.

I also agree about it being a rhetorical question. The more we think about it, the more it becomes something more to ponder over instead of something to answer. Great ideas!

Love,
*Wanderer*

p.s. I just love discussions like these that make you look deeper under the surface. I can get really riled up when it comes to stuff like this. : )
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

I would have to say yes and no.

No, because they give World Peace, and there is no reason for death outside of if they want to.

And yes because, well, life does have to stop at one point, whether you are ready or not, and second because they steal bodies to live off of, or rather in.

I believe each species was built to live a certain way, just like everyone of us was built to stand out, don't conform everyone, to be who you want them to be.

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I can't say they're wrong because taking over worlds is there life. Earth is just another world, nothing special.
We can say we hate them because they took over our world, but every other planet's creatures have thought the exact same thing. Sure, other creatures brains are not as developed as ours are, but on a certain level they're lives are just as important to them as ours are to us. I'm sure they all fought to save they're planets, too. So, bottom line, no, I think that's the way the souls have to live and they do what they need to. ;)
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

threethings wrote:I can't say they're wrong because taking over worlds is there life. Earth is just another world, nothing special.
We can say we hate them because they took over our world, but every other planet's creatures have thought the exact same thing. Sure, other creatures brains are not as developed as ours are, but on a certain level they're lives are just as important to them as ours are to us. I'm sure they all fought to save they're planets, too. So, bottom line, no, I think that's the way the souls have to live and they do what they need to. ;)

Yeah your right. Not only that but think about the fact that will kill animals in order to have food and kill trees for our own benefits. They need our bodies for their benefits so they take them. Its the same sort of thing.
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

the lives are as awareness in focus. look again. and slide. the daRKNESS SHADOWS THE PLANETS. segregation, closed doors, awareness of death makes awareness of death. awareness of ife makes life. is it wqrong? what is wrong? choosing to be on a planet with ... whatever? or choosing then to be on a planet with... ? its placement and allowcation. personally, i feel no guilt, shame, for what? i deid many times, and i enjoy it more than pretty much anything i can think of. now... where does my old body go? i still have one, then ill go somewhere else, and i'll have a new one, where does my old projection go? itt deopends if one collects and takes the physical mass of their energy body with them, or leaves it behind, personally i see it doesnt really matter. projection of physicality is perceptual manifestation anyways. reality is an illusion.
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

do you not know what a tree looks like? walk out in the world and look at a tree. see. a tree. its that simple. keep going more trees. you can listen to any idea, list, words, direction, and walk into it. it is an aligned expectation, that then manifests into attention/perception. based on your energetic config, it aligns, anything. rainforest awareness is what cured disease, is sums to fluid trees, fluid knowledge, fluid creation of anything. there are trees, bodies, buuildings, blood, energy, knowledge, everywhere, just intend it and walk that way. do i really need to talk about this?
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

fighting to save their existence is what killed them, in that point in time. see their fear manifested their fear, they held on so tightly to what they feared, naturally they attracted the very thing they were trying to avoid. and to add into their captive nature, they internded to hold everything together on one linear plane, that plane naturally, lead to all the 'held linear' roads. real awareness means that soooo many humans, as evolved in sooo many ways, humans are in maaaaany places. its the nature of their genes to create worlds, and free from the captive worlds. plutonium from beans. beans from plutonium. whatever. any world that so desretely wanted to fight and war, and hold people, in my idea needed to die, and then death, what is death, it is my choice tyo relocate myself to another point in time, and so who died? me? and that is just dandy to me. thank you very much.
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

yes death makes life, surely, new life, new awareness forms, as old awareness dissolves, then we have a true meaning of survival, in that higher awareness riegns. why? because it is higher understanding, and when conveyed to a 'lower' awareness, it is assimilated, understood, and naturally transferred into the body of awareness. thru the link of oneness, through percieving understanding.

the truth is freedom is enjoyed, and lived, and noone needs fight to save their planet, they simply need to live on their planet. its so silly, but yes a sure way to remove such fighters from the planet is to state such fact and watch the fighters fight. when their is no need.

life stops, no, it changes, the underlying element of life, is life itself, which flows eternal, into water, and new forms. that is life, that is creation, it is how creation is progressive, because without it it would be created(life), which is also. creation continues because of the nature of death of change. the perception of destruction, is a term that is a tool, used to better our lives to allow the values of creation to be superimposed over elements we wish to evolve. therfor destruction is creation's evolution, the choice is individual placement. letting go of past negative values, harmful values, the 'harmful' itself, is the true use of destruction. i dont want to get biblical here. - - + .. competition, betterment, doubt.

why the harsh tones today? because i tire of lies. lies lies lies. self imposed lies. responsiblity. i enjoy jokes, humour and such, but tire of lies, and yet reality is a lie, im waiting for my paradox backlash. or quiet.

personally ive been enjoying the nature of the Ravnos, however i find seperation somewhat difficult. which i guess is .. interesting to say the least.-
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

wow, I am finding it really hard to keep up with what everyone means by what they are saying, so I'll just say my opinion and go away. Ignore me if you want.

I think what the aliens do is wrong, because if they are taking over your body (this is in any creature they take over) then you can't enjoy the peace and way of life that they have created, because you aren't in control anymore. You can only watch. So with creatures like the see weeds, they weren't doing anything wrong, and yet their souls were shoved out of the way anyway. They had no control over it.

Though I think with humans it is a good thing, because all the other life on earth benefits because we stop destroying the planet.

but for the creatures that weren't doing anything harmful . . .

I just find the whole controlling thing sick.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

thats a 'matter' of interpretation, see, creation is sustained, advances through the perception of destruction. destruction is one half of the emanation of light, time that advances upon us in any instant. the destructive aspect of the emanation, ensures times continuence, to ensure the flowing motion of the next moment. the last moment must 'pass away' to ensure a new moments settlement. now the nature of light, as it travails both ways, back to the source, as a camera, and forward into the darkness of unknown, means that a record is kept of every emanation. the nature of light being accessed, is within our eyes, or our attention. the selective alignment of any reference point manifests the access to this record. not to mention the 'rewritting' or merging' of the past alignment, to the new observer. which is dreaming history, or merging historic points of time, to the current dreamer5s alignment, into creation.

everyone has a dream, the choice of using the dream is in the dreamer's perspective. one can witness any point of history, and even bridge the time to this time, reoccuring, or rewritting the values from the past. the interpretations are there to write. now, using the dual aspects of nature, of time, creative and destructivve, and the center point of creation, now, free of past and free of future.

your interpretation of innocent dieing, and saying, observing that, innocents die, is your own killing eyes. when in fact you can easily perceive another take, or direction, as to the event that occur(ed)(ing). the nature of light being split into various pathways, is that one event, can be followed, into countless splits, directions, this way one beam of light, from the beginning, and from every decision, is made, has made, infinite directions, stages of life, values of interpretation.