Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kcmiller
Settled in Forks

Re: Wanda/Melanie Casting Thread

Post by kcmiller »

I would LOVE to play Mel, I'm definitely an "unknown" actress, lol. :) I'm not sure if I have the right look but I'm a HUGE fan of the book! I threw out some actor suggestions on the old thread but then thought, hey, why not me? ;) Here is my website: http://www.ChristineMiller.com

I think I'm going to ask my agent to submit me, heck I'd take any role in the film, I'd just love to be a part of bringing a Stephenie Meyer book to life!

Christine :)
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

For Melanie/Wanda, I absolutely would prefer for them to secure an actress that has the chops to pull off the part of a human inhabited by an alien as opposed to an actress identical the the Mel/Wanda of my imagination. That being said, I think that look-wise these actresses could pull off Mel:
Sophia Bush http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124208/
Evangeline Lily (though she's probably out of the age range) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1431940/
Kristin Kreuk http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0471036/

I also love the idea of Mel being more ethnic-looking. I don't think that the book ever explicitly states that Mel is Caucasian. I pictured her as possibly Latina or Native American.
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com
Tinkerbella
Settled in Forks

Post by Tinkerbella »

Missy Peregrym-->
Missy P
Missy P

Oooohhh! I like this for casting! Not crazy about Megan Fox as a possibility - I don't think her acting range could handle playing two different characters in one body.
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

I have to agree with Missy Peregrym... and Sophia Bush maybe, but her skin should be darker, she should have a really good tan.
I have two other suggestions: Marisol Nichols. She played Bianca in Charmed, season 6. And Mary Elizabeth Windstead from Die Hard 4, Final Destination 3 and Sky High (yeah, I saw that movie too :roll: )

Oh! and Brittany Snow as Pet/Wanda
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I always sort of pictured Camilla Belle, as Melanie, although I like the ideas of Mary Elizabeth Winstead or Odette Yustman. I would prefer an unknown though, unless they can get someone who fits the specifics. I'm not wildly excited about the casting until we see the film; because I thought Kristin was great physically, but she's really quite terrible in the films :/
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Post by abigael_d »

For Melanie/Wanda, i'd choose Sophia Bush...
i chose not to link pics of her where she's on the red-carpet or something...
so i'm just gonna put up pics of her where she "could" at least look close to Mel's appearance (or at least to the Mel i picture in my head) :

Sophia-1
Sophia-2

^^in the 2nd pic, Sophia looks much more simple without much makeup, but yet very PRETTY, doesn't she? Sophia's hair here is not that long, and Wanda's hair is usually cut short, right? and ohhhh, the yellow shirt... wasn't that what Wanda was wearing during her trek in the desert? haha :P

For Pet/Wanda, i'd choose Kirsten Prout...
Kirsten-1
...19, but she looks much younger, like 16/17. like Pet.
Kirsten-2
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

paula_bnsnt wrote:I have to agree with Missy Peregrym... and Sophia Bush maybe, but her skin should be darker, she should have a really good tan.
I have two other suggestions: Marisol Nichols. She played Bianca in Charmed, season 6. And Mary Elizabeth Windstead from Die Hard 4, Final Destination 3 and Sky High (yeah, I saw that movie too :roll: )

Oh! and Brittany Snow as Pet/Wanda
I could totally see Marisol Nichols as Melanie. Mel was described as naturally tan, dark haired, and athletic. She would totally fit the bill. Nikki Reed would fit, but I doubt she would be cast in two Stephenie movies.

Since the Pet role would be so small, the studio will probably go with an unknown although visually I imagine a Hayden Panettiere type.
BeccalovesEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by BeccalovesEdward »

abigael_d wrote:For Melanie/Wanda, i'd choose Sophia Bush...
so i'm just gonna put up pics of her where she "could" at least look close to Mel's appearance (or at least to the Mel i picture in my head) :

Sophia-1
Sophia-2

^^in the 2nd pic, Sophia looks much more simple without much makeup, but yet very PRETTY, doesn't she? Sophia's hair here is not that long, and Wanda's hair is usually cut short, right? and ohhhh, the yellow shirt... wasn't that what Wanda was wearing during her trek in the desert? haha :P
OMG. She's perfect. Hands down the best suggestion for Mel! I love how she's in the running, laid back outfit in the first pic. I can just see Mel wearing that type of clothing.
icunevermore
Wandering Through Town

Post by icunevermore »

I think Jodelle Ferland would be perfect for Mel but I just can't find Pet. No one fits the image just right for me.
Small delicate beautiful and innocent blond with freckles.
A face that you can't help but love. Soooo hard to find.
I wanna be a Grizzly Bear just so Emmitt will tackle me.
http://www.myspace.com/icunevermore
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

BeccalovesEdward wrote:
abigael_d wrote:For Melanie/Wanda, i'd choose Sophia Bush...

Sophia-1
Sophia-2

OMG. She's perfect. Hands down the best suggestion for Mel! I love how she's in the running, laid back outfit in the first pic. I can just see Mel wearing that type of clothing.
Just looked, and your totally right! I imagined Mel exactly like her!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.