Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

General Discussion on Prom Nights From Hell

Post by Pel »

General Discussion on Prom Nights from Hell
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Re: General Discussion on Prom Nights From Hell

Post by 22.FireandIce »

Whats Prom Nights From Hell even about... I mean i get the whol prom night, hell thing. But what is the whole co author thing like. is it different stories? by each author? or one story?

someone help me out,, i'm a little clueless
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
ferita
Settled in Forks

Post by ferita »

okay so i hope this helps, prom nights from hell is set up to where eatch author tells a different story and none of them have anything to do with the others.

meg cabbot with exterminator's daughter, kim harrison with madison avery and the dim reaper, michele jaffe with kiss and tell, stephenie meyer (of course) with hell on earth and lauren myracle with the corsage.

they all pretain to a prom and eatch have something "from hell" so to speak in them.

meg cabbot's has vampires,lauren myracle's has a bewitched corsage (if you've ever read "the monkey's paw its the same idea), kim harrison's has reapers in it (that one was my favorite), mchele jaffe's has super hero's i belive (please correct me if i'm wrong), and of course stephenie meyer's (finally) has demonds and angels i think.

i hope that was helpful i'm sorry if any of this information was inccorect.
Last edited by ferita on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is it weird that it still surpries me every time I open one of my stephenie meyer books to find it signed even thought I was there when it happened?
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

Prom Nights From Hell is an antology of short stories with the same subject: impossible and nightmarish prom nights. It's really great, the stories are pretty different from each other, like ferita said.

My favorite is Stephenie's Hell on Earth- Sheba and Gabe are the bomb- and in second place The Corsage (the scariest mwahaha). The stories aren't horror, they're supernatural and easy to read.
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

I really liked the idea of this book- it was nice to hear from authors I've never heard of. And Stephenie, of course.

I really loved Hell on Earth- it was something I would love to see completed into an actual novel and published. I also loved...Oh, my, what is the name of it? It was the one with the girl who died, and then the Grim Reaper... :o Oh! That was it! The Grin Reaper! ...NO, that wasn't it...Oh, well. ;) Anyways, that was REALLY something I would like to be completed and published- I smelled a romance! I also liked Meg's short entry. It was nice, and funny, and just...MEG.

All in all, VERY nice book! I shall buy it, when I have money to spend! :)
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
ferita
Settled in Forks

Post by ferita »

Mylove.Mysinger wrote: I also loved...Oh, my, what is the name of it? It was the one with the girl who died, and then the Grim Reaper... :o Oh! That was it! The Grin Reaper! ...NO, that wasn't it...Oh, well.
that was maddison avery and the dim reaper i belive it was my favorite but i think i need to read hell on earth again it seems to be a fvorite
Is it weird that it still surpries me every time I open one of my stephenie meyer books to find it signed even thought I was there when it happened?
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I think its a good book, considered its being co-authored, the stories do actually make sense with the title. The Exterminator's Daughter is really cool I guess, with the crossbow and everything. Breaking vampires myth?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Eh, this was not my favorite. In my opinion, not Meyer's best. But I could be biased because I'm just not really in to the whole sci-fi, fantasy genre. It was very well written-I just love Stephenie's writing style so much.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I just bought the book yesterday, so once I finish reading BD, I'm going to start reading this and then move on to the Host.

I've heard good things about the book, so I'm really excited to start.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

What is prom nights from hell? I keep hearing about it but I don't know what it is.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/