Click for Forum Rules
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by clariissaa »

I LOVE IT!
It felt wrong to read it this way, but I just could resist =D
I love Emmett beyond belief right now.
Edward and Emmett relationships is the best.
"Tough break, Edward" and when they were hunting and that thing with Ben
Oh man.
I wish I could read the whole thing though. In book form :(
No meadow, no morning after the meadow, no meeting family, no hunt for James.
Depressing. :cry:
I love the given Chapters though.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I think my banner takes on new life now that we know Mrs. Cope a little better. :twisted:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
crossiii
Settled in Forks

Post by crossiii »

oh i forgot to say that i loved seeing everyones reaction to alice's vision to bella becoming one of them. especially esme's joy. i also find it so funny how alice keeps asking when she can meet bella. If its even possible i like the first 12 chapters more than twilight itself! *praying for more*
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Haha nissanmama, so true!
TrueLove1 wrote:I find myself (surprisingly) wishing this whole story was told through Edward's eyes too.
I completely agree. Reading from Edward's perspective gives a whole new, more insightful view point and it captivates the reader so much more. There were so many times that I was caught off guard because I was so sure Bella was right on her assessment on Edward and then BOOM! We find out she couldn't be farther off mark[Twilight was right next to me at ALL times for reference ;) ]. His mind works in strange ways.

For me, the one thing that took me by complete surprise and I would never have guessed was Edward's insecurity. We knew he thought of himself as a monster, but it was more "I'm condemned to this inhuman, half-life and that's what makes me a monster." His real insecurites spell from so much deeper than that. He couldn't even fathom that Bella's heartrate sped up because she found him attractive! Literally, he had no idea just how into him Bella was. So sure the touch of his skin would repulse her :cry: . It made me want to cry. It's also really something to see where his negativety and pessimism comes from. Also, why he was able to leave in New Moon. He loved her enough[aw!]! On so many levels, he's selfish, and so many others the most unselfish being there could be.

Another thing I wasn't expecting was his humour. Truly, Edward Cullen is a funny, HILARIOUS vampire-man. His mind, so dark and brooding, is quite possibly the most entertaining place to be. He's sarcastic! Something that wasn't to be expected. He comes up with the quickest retorts, but half the time keeps them to himself. He's just so...amusing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when he's questioning Bella's sanity and contemplating taking her to a mental hospital. That's just beyond funny.

One more :D. He's crazy! Not insane-crazy, but obsessive crazy. We knew Bella was, but Edward is on a completely different level. I always thought when he watched her sleep(before she knew about it) that he simply watched her from her window. I didn't imagine he actually sat down in the room AND explored the house! On a side note, it's quite nice to be right that he was the one watching Bella when she woke up from her afternoon nap in her backyard. The bottlecap was another thing I found humourus. At first I thought..."creepy" but then it really was just sweet. Strange, but sweet.

The composition of Bella's lullaby....just beautiful.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I absolutely loved Midnight Sun. I hope that SM really does finish it because I have never understood Bella better than I have after seeing her through Edward's eyes. Seeing the world through Edward's perspective made the whole Twilight world different and better. There is so much about the relationship between Bella and Edward that we miss because the Twilight is told from Bella's perspective. I loved seeing the Cullen family interact, especially Alice. I felt like I never really got to understand her before, but seeing her visions through Edward's eyes made her a different character.

I go could on for a really long time about all the things I loved about Midnight Sun, but I will just say one more thing. The change in Edward after he fell in love with Bella was amazing. I loved the way he went to Carlisle to ask for help about the whole Port Angeles incident and the way that he helped Angela and Ben get together made me cry.

I can totally see how he a vampire good enough for Bella's love.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I absolutely loved it! And I love Edward even more now! The only time I got mad was when he kept complaining about Bella's ugly sweater. I wanted to scold him :)
jamielikewhoa
Wandering Through Town

Post by jamielikewhoa »

I couldn't resist reading it.
And it was even better than i expected. The insight we get into seeing how Edward took things is so fresh and diffident from just seeing Bellas side of the story. Its funny to see exactly when he realized that he loved her and we get a better look as to why he's so protective. My favorite part has got to be when they're in the restaurant. Edward was just dazzling them left and right. Other than that I love how its because of him Angela and Ben got together! That was so thoughtful of him, to do it just because Angela was always so kind.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

This is my favorite quote of the entire saga:

"It would always be that way for me, too. I would always love this fragile human girl, for the rest of my limitless existence."

I love this entire moment. It just makes me swoon and realizes how much Edward really does love Bella. I'm just surprised he didn't leave sooner than he did.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
childofthe80s
Settled in Forks

Post by childofthe80s »

I loved how insecure and vulnerable Edward was about the whole thing. My favorite part was during the whole "do I dazzle you?" conversation and how elated he was when she said frequently.

It made me love Edward even more....

I really hope she writes it all. I have already planned to go chapter by chapter between Twilight and Midnight Sun. I love Edward's perspective!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I don't know what it is, but the song "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls just touches my heart and seems to fit directly into Edward's narration in this book.
It would always be that way for me, too. I would always love this fragile human girl, for the rest of my limitless existence.
Agreed jenni_elyse. Such a beautiful quote. We always thought the things Edward said outloud were *swoon* -worthy times 100, but the things he thinks in his head just blow us all away. A truly amazing character.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B