Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby Kirume » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:25 am

Oh .. It's just a rumor ...

but another rumor is ... it written in Portuguese , surprised ?? :roll: ... They said that they're translating it and will share ... plz wait ... :D

I want to read it too but they said that is a top secret so ... :lol:

Warning : Just call me Kir :lol:
Image
User avatar
Kirume
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby leannia » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:44 am

I understand the feeling of anger she has, finding out someone you trusted has been disloyal to you. But I also believe she is taking this way out of proportions when she says that she will now stop working on this project as long as she hears the words "Midnight Sun". Fact is, she will not stop hearing them...because the fans who lover her books are WAITING for this one to come out, very anxiously. And when the words do fade out in space, it's because no one will care anymore. Is that what she wants?


It has been quite a while since I've been here but I was bored so I thought I'd check to see how the whole Midnight Sun thing was going. I didin't know that the guidebook had been put on hold (was it leaked too?) until I read it on this forum. I guess she is getting her wish to be forgotten one fan at a time. It''s a good thing that I didn't have my heart set on that guidebook or I would have been really dissapointed. That would have been twice now. Not a nice way to treat your fans, imho. But whatever. I haven't given MS, or the guidebook, or SM a thought for months now.
leannia
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby roseaurora » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:48 am

Sadly, I think that is what she wants...

Check out her answer to a question about that on the last page of this topic...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Image
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
User avatar
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby who_needs_fangs? » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:53 am

Yep, so if this thread dies, its not necessarily a bad thing, though we're always referencing Midnight Sun for answers to one question or another
P.S: love the new banner, roseaurora
Image
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
User avatar
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 am
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby roseaurora » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 am

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Yep, so if this thread dies, its not necessarily a bad thing, though we're always referencing Midnight Sun for answers to one question or another
P.S: love the new banner, roseaurora


Thank you! The fabulous MRK made it for me! :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Image
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
User avatar
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby leannia » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 am

Well, if being forgoten and not selling as many books is what she wants, then she is well on her way to getting her wish. Forgetting about her translates to "not rushing to the bookstore to buy her books; not buying her books at all anymore." I'll never buy anothe book of hers (if she can throw a hissy fit, then why can't I? :D )because - twice now - she has shown that she is untrustworthy to finish what she says says she is starting (honsetly, why does she still announce what her future projects are?). She has gotten her wish as far as I am concerned - I don't care one way or another what she says or does. I 'm done buying anything with her name on it. And, according to that statement of hers, that is EXACTLY what she wants. Odd behavior for someone who makes a living selling books.... Im not angry anymore, I pretty much don't care. I never had any intention of buying her guide book since it was announced (I think) after her fit over MS. I was really excited about MS but now I"m kinda sick of it. I tried to read the posted chapters again and got halfway through and got sick of it. I think that since I had such a strong negative reaction to the whole MS thing that I burned out from all the emotion and now I am all Twilighted out. No more, thank you.
leannia
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby ravenGirl2468 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 pm

leannia wrote:Well, if being forgoten and not selling as many books is what she wants, then she is well on her way to getting her wish. Forgetting about her translates to "not rushing to the bookstore to buy her books; not buying her books at all anymore." I'll never buy anothe book of hers (if she can throw a hissy fit, then why can't I? :D )because - twice now - she has shown that she is untrustworthy to finish what she says says she is starting (honsetly, why does she still announce what her future projects are?). She has gotten her wish as far as I am concerned - I don't care one way or another what she says or does. I 'm done buying anything with her name on it. And, according to that statement of hers, that is EXACTLY what she wants. Odd behavior for someone who makes a living selling books.... Im not angry anymore, I pretty much don't care. I never had any intention of buying her guide book since it was announced (I think) after her fit over MS. I was really excited about MS but now I"m kinda sick of it. I tried to read the posted chapters again and got halfway through and got sick of it. I think that since I had such a strong negative reaction to the whole MS thing that I burned out from all the emotion and now I am all Twilighted out. No more, thank you.


i sooooooooo cant agree with you i think that is the reason why she is so depressed right now and i will always buy her books and support her i love her books and i have read midnight sun sorry i just couldnt help it :oops: and i love ti i am s magor fan of edward and i like how she wrote it an dhow he think s and how he was so mad before he met bella and i think that this will make people love him more wich i have always loved him and i like how it shows more about emmett and all the other characters too i dont mean to start any arguements with anybody i did not mean that post to be mean so dont think of it that way please
Image
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
User avatar
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:52 pm
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby Devious Cullen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 pm

I refuse to read it. I read the first chapter when she put just that up, but when she announced that the first 12 had been leaked and offered them to us, I couldn't do it. She said herself, it's not how she wants us to see it. It's not edited and it's not finished, so I can respect her wishes for that. I will wait until she publishes it, however long that is. If one day she says she unequivocally won't, well then I'll read it then. But not before. I don't believe she would disappoint her fans that way. She could be working on it now for all we know, with all the focus off her and on the movies.
User avatar
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: The Mist

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby Vanquish » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 am

Devious Cullen wrote: She could be working on it now for all we know, with all the focus off her and on the movies.


Yeah you never know. I just want to support SM in this and she can take however long she wants and she doesn't have to finish it if she doesn't want to. I'm not gonna be that greedy because afterall SM has given us T, NM, E and BD....and thats more than I can ask for.
Image

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
User avatar
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Postby navarre » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Vanquish wrote:
Devious Cullen wrote: She could be working on it now for all we know, with all the focus off her and on the movies.


Yeah you never know. I just want to support SM in this and she can take however long she wants and she doesn't have to finish it if she doesn't want to. I'm not gonna be that greedy because afterall SM has given us T, NM, E and BD....and thats more than I can ask for.


Well, I am a greedy slob. I want..no I NEED that book. It is my hope that she has started back up on this MS project or that she will very soon.

When you have books as wonderful as these, one can not help wanting more - one way or another. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
User avatar
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Swimming in a sea of books, books and more books

PreviousNext

Return to Odds and Ends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron