The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Post by Dovrebanen »

Okay...Question, Karl...What do you guys want us girls to do for you? What is romantic in your opinion? The perfect day, for instance.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Tough one.

Well in my opinion guys may never say this but we like surprises. But not those romantic
surprises we do for our girls. It's not the same. Like surprise him by being interested in something
your man is interested. Just make it sure his comfortable with it, cause you might be invading his comfort zone.
But if your not, trust me on this, he'll cherish that moment and might even put it on his vows when you get married. :D
If he never forgets it anyways.

For example:

Rent a DVD of a movie you'd never likely want to see cause its not your kind of thing but
your man is so into that kind of stuff. For us guys, if his sensitive enough, will notice this and will greatly
appreciate it. Cause you were paying attention to him, sometimes we guys think you girls never pay attention to us
which is completely untrue.

Play with him in his favorite sport, again make sure your not invading his comfort zone. Cause for example I like to play
badminton and my girl wants to join me and my friends and of course I can't say no. But I know she doesn't play well, so my
girl's surprise will turn out bad cause she'll be disturbing my game and I will be embarrassed in front of my friends.

But if it was just the both us playing badminton, It would really be cute of her to do it and I would cherish the times we did it
cause she was my girl and I know she's sacrificing in someway.

(Its not refined yet maybe I'll edit it later, just woke-up but I wanted to answer it :lol: )

ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH ! THE NICEST THING A GUY EVER DID FOR ME!!!!

Once there was this older guy messing with my little sister (he's older then me and she was 13 or 14 at the time) and my boyfriend at the time found out sand beat the crap out of the guy so bad that he wouldn't even say who did it. Well it wans't really for me, it was more for the fact that my baby sister was terified to leave the house and he hates bullies. But well. Yeah Sweetest thing ever. And I don't normally condone violence.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

^ That was really something. He was protecting your family, which is just as important as what he does directly for you. wow.
n0vaice wrote:Tough one.

Well in my opinion guys may never say this but we like surprises. But not those romantic
surprises we do for our girls. It's not the same. Like surprise him by being interested in something
your man is interested. Just make it sure his comfortable with it, cause you might be invading his comfort zone.
But if your not, trust me on this, he'll cherish that moment and might even put it on his vows when you get married. :D
If he never forgets it anyways.
That's a good idea. He loves to go hiking in the mountains. You know, Norway has a lot of mountains...And I really don't like it all. Walking uphill for 5 hours just to get to the top, and then walk all the way down again...Not really my thing :roll: So I rarely do that with him. But I know he would be really happy if I suggested it. So, maybe I'll try it out.
Karl, you have no idea how close you are with vows. Not that we've really talked about marriage, not sure we ever will since we're quite content just living together. But if we were to, I have no doubt that he would love for it to be on the top of a mountain..... :lol:
I'll also try to watch his movies too. He watched Twilight with me. The only thing he liked in there was Charlie, I think. I tend to fall asleep during the movies he likes :D
n0vaice wrote:Play with him in his favorite sport, again make sure your not invading his comfort zone. Cause for example I like to play
badminton and my girl wants to join me and my friends and of course I can't say no. But I know she doesn't play well, so my
girl's surprise will turn out bad cause she'll be disturbing my game and I will be embarrassed in front of my friends.

But if it was just the both us playing badminton, It would really be cute of her to do it and I would cherish the times we did it
cause she was my girl and I know she's sacrificing in someway.
Haha, my guy actually plays badminton too :D And he's really good, and I really suck at it. I would never play with him in front of his friends. It would embarress both me and him :lol:

Good points about the comfort zone. And thanks for the answers. I'm looking forward to more analogies.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Dovrebanen wrote:
Karl, you have no idea how close you are with vows. Not that we've really talked about marriage, not sure we ever will since we're quite content just living together. But if we were to, I have no doubt that he would love for it to be on the top of a mountain..... :lol:

Awww. I'm so happy for you Trine. Now I envy you cause you have someone special to share your life with. I just hope when
I'll meet mine I'm not that old yet cause I would still want to travel the world with her. :). I'm sure you'll make him happy
when you'll ask him to go hiking. Just don't be whinny it about and try to enjoy it cause it won't make him happy if he sees
you in pain. Don't ever forget Love and sacrifice go hand-in-hand in every relationships

Dovrebanen wrote:
Haha, my guy actually plays badminton too :D And he's really good, and I really suck at it. I would never play with him in front of his friends. It would embarrass both me and him :lol:

Good points about the comfort zone. And thanks for the answers. I'm looking forward to more analogies.

Really?! me too. though I'm still a class E player, I'm a badminton addict. While I was riding around the city another analogy
inspired me though I still have to refine it.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

n0vaice wrote:
Awww. I'm so happy for you Trine. Now I envy you cause you have someone special to share your life with. I just hope when
I'll meet mine I'm not that old yet cause I would still want to travel the world with her. :). I'm sure you'll make him happy
when you'll ask him to go hiking. Just don't be whinny it about and try to enjoy it cause it won't make him happy if he sees
you in pain. Don't ever forget Love and sacrifice go hand-in-hand in every relationships
I met my partner when we were both 19. So we've basically grown up together... All the important events in our adult lives have been together. But you're a young man still, Karl. Come to think of it, I guess I don't really know your age. But anyway, there is still time.
Oh..whiny...Yes, I've been there, done that several times :lol: Walking in steep uphill tends to bring out the worst in me....But you are right. At least it has to appear like I'm having the time of my life. And who knows, maybe I will? I have enjoyed hiking from time to time. The mountains are beautiful, when I look up to see them instead of looking angry at the ground ;)

Dovrebanen wrote:
Haha, my guy actually plays badminton too :D And he's really good, and I really suck at it. I would never play with him in front of his friends. It would embarrass both me and him :lol:

n0vaice wrote:
Really?! me too. though I'm still a class E player, I'm a badminton addict. While I was riding around the city another analogy
inspired me though I still have to refine it.
I don't know anything about the badminton class system. What I do know is that it won't work in Norway. We only have about 4.5 million people in total, and badminton is a very small sport. My partner doesn't play that much anymore, but from time to time. I keep it on a garden level for myself....

How's the analogy coming along?
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

So I've never noticed this thread before, but I was intrigued by the title and decided to take a little looksy. :)
...But looking is all I can do at this time because I can't think of a personal story to contribute. :| At least not right now.

But Trine (and I swear I'm not trying to stalk you tonight :oops: ), a lot of the stuff you said had me totally giggling because it's things I say/think/do as well. Like hating hiking and being whiny and staring angrily at the ground instead of the view. :lol:
I hate to admit it, but that's so me. And then when you said that, of course in my mind I go back to the pic of you with those glasses, and I imagine you making all these smartarse-comedian-worthy comments during your hike. :lol: If none of this makes sense, I apologize. It's utterly amusing to me. 8-)

Ok, sorry to interrupt the discussion. But just to contribute something, I will say (at the risk of sounding terribly cliche) that I am always super happy and touched when I receive flowers. They don't even have to be all grand and spectacular. Receiving a small vase of pink gerbera daisies and carnations for no special reason was something that I thought was romantic. It wasn't the nicest thing ever done for me, but still great. :D
Image Image
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by n0vaice »

Now I'm even more jealous finding the person at that age and spending all these years together.
That's heaven for me, that's what I crave for. :(

Yeah hiking can be fun, I love any outdoor activity. Well I hope you make great memories on your hiking trip.

Well I just turned 22 Trine last April 13. :D BTW do you have facebook?

I don't know anything about the badminton class system. What I do know is that it won't work in Norway. We only have about 4.5 million people in total, and badminton is a very small sport. My partner doesn't play that much anymore, but from time to time. I keep it on a garden level for myself....

Hahaha... I see.

yeah I have a new one but I don't think it's really good. Still looking for more inspirations. :D
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Edward_Addict wrote:
But Trine (and I swear I'm not trying to stalk you tonight :oops: ), a lot of the stuff you said had me totally giggling because it's things I say/think/do as well. Like hating hiking and being whiny and staring angrily at the ground instead of the view. :lol:
I hate to admit it, but that's so me. And then when you said that, of course in my mind I go back to the pic of you with those glasses, and I imagine you making all these smartarse-comedian-worthy comments during your hike. :lol: If none of this makes sense, I apologize. It's utterly amusing to me. 8-)
Mandy - I am actually quite funny during hiking trips...Not IMO, but in my partner's opinion. Once I was really angry, and he had a video camera in my face...And then I yelled: Put that camera away before I shove it down your throat :lol: And at another time I yelled at him across a river (I was on one side trying to figure out how to get across, he was on the other). Of course he didn't hear anything, and that was a good thing. I think I called him all the nasty names I could think of... So yeah, it would have been a great comedian act :lol:
Edward_Addict wrote:Ok, sorry to interrupt the discussion. But just to contribute something, I will say (at the risk of sounding terribly cliche) that I am always super happy and touched when I receive flowers. They don't even have to be all grand and spectacular.
Of course you're not interrupting the discussion. I'm just getting a few pointers from Karl here :D Since he' a guy he can give some new insights.
I agree about the flowers. Me getting flowers is a rare occasion, so I'm super-happy when it happens.

Karl - Sorry, I'm not on facebook yet. I know, I know...I'm slow :lol: Might get there someday. You'll be the first to know.
22 is still young. You have time to find the right one, and still have many years to be with that person. I never really thought about settling down at 19, it just sort of happened that way. I guess that's the way it works.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by n0vaice »

you really did that to him Trine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I'm a Twiguy and a hopeless romantic :ugeek:

Yeah Mandy getting flowers is a great sign of appreciation and love, its never cliche.

I hope so too Trine and I believe your living a wonderful dream, and you should feel bless

cause stories like yours rarely happen in life.

:lol: Well I hope you'll make an account soon. It would be nice to put a face behind the name.