The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Nicest Thing a Romantic Interest Ever Did For You.

Post by Lisa_bryony »

The nicest thing my boyfriend ever did was give me 12 red roses on our first year anniversary, he also gave me a card that said, "These roses represent the happiest 12 months of my life and I hope for many more."

It was very cute. Of course, he hasn't done anything so sweet since! Hehe.
teeroxmuhsox
Wandering Through Town

Post by teeroxmuhsox »

I love these kinds if stories. That's why I had to ask them to start a thread for it.

Anyways, last summer I took a teen group trip to Europe . We were staying at a hotel in Sicily that had a cool disco/dance floor outside. Our group leaders let us all go, and the guy danced with me that night even though all these girls wanted to dance with him. Then the next day on the bus, he sat with me in the way back , and we kept talking and laughing when somehow (I don't even remember. My mind was all fuzzy happy :D ) we started doodling on each other's hand and holding them. The rest of the trip was him being really nice like giving me his jacket when mine got we in the rain and I was cold. and blah blah blah ..... i miss those times.
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

My ex boyfriend, whos now one of my friends, waited for me every day so we could walk to the lunchroom together.
Also, he carried my books a couple times.
He was just so nice.
We're friends now.
formally, Ostentatious6277
meganleann
Settled in Forks

Post by meganleann »

First to set the story up, my fiance is one of these guys that lives to shock... and totally 1up everything. And I absolutely detest Valentine's Day.

The first Valentine's Day my fiance and I were together, I was in choir at our local juco, and we were doing all these fundraisers for our summer choir tour, one of which was a singing Valentine. So me, being the sarcastic anti-V-day person that I am (but wanted to tell my man that I loved him in the silliest way possible!), thought it would be funny to set up a singing Valentine for him. I thought I had it all planned out, except that I didn't think to remember that I have a horrible poker face when it comes to gift giving and was completely and totally found out! So when we were all ready to deliver the singing telegrams, we arrived at his house, and he came out, and my choir director said, "You don't know this yet, but this is actually for you!" I was shocked.... he had went to my choir director behind my back, changed the song to a much, much sweeter one, added a rose to the teddy bear that I had already requested, and turned the singing valentine around on me! He foiled my plan... and I loved it!!!
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

When I was late into my freshman year at high school, some people on the bus were making fun of my weight. (I'm overweight, not terribly so but enough to make fun of, I guess. I've lost a lot of weight recently though and thinning out some. Anyway.) I waited until I got to the cafeteria and at my table to break down. My crush and also my best friend came eventually and I told him about it. He held on to me for a while and then he went to go get his breakfast. When he came back with his breakfast, he set down in front of me a tube of ice cream. :]
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

Lisa_bryony wrote:The nicest thing my boyfriend ever did was give me 12 red roses on our first year anniversary, he also gave me a card that said, "These roses represent the happiest 12 months of my life and I hope for many more."

It was very cute. Of course, he hasn't done anything so sweet since! Hehe.
haa...that's sweet and oh so true. Most of the times guys are usually the sweetest during the first year and then it sort of goes down, picking back up every now and then. I remember fondly, my random "roses days" now it's mainly special occasions...lol
Syn Morite
Settled in Forks

Post by Syn Morite »

Probably the sweetest thing my boyfriend has ever done for me was to take me to my senior prom. He hates any type of social gathering and dancing and dressing up and pretty much ever thing that a prom is. But because I wanted to go, he bought the tickets, rented a tux, bought me a corsage, rented a limo, and everything. He even allowed me to get pictures of him.
"Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn't mind being a Pawn, if only I might join -- though of course I should like to be a Queen, best." -Alice in Through The Looking Glass
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

Up to this point, things are pretty minimal for me in this kind of category, but this summer I had gone to a camp in Michigan with a few close friends. In our group, of girls and guys, there was one guy who I started out liking in that "I'll know you for one week and then we'll talk twice after it's over" kind of way. After the week was over we kept in touch and talked the 2 days right after it was over for a substantial amount of time. The Tuesday right after I got back from Michigan I was going on a camping trip for a few days. When we talked on Sunday he said we would talk before I left. It got to be very very late on Monday before I left, and I kind of knew he would be sleeping, so I left a voicemail quick and didn't think anything of it. Tuesday morning comes, around 7 o'clock, meaning hours earlier than I planned to wake up, I hear my mobile phone vibrating. I am quite irked at this and assume it's my mom calling. I don't even bother looking at the ID and pick up in a somewhat hoarse and annoyed voice, "Hello?" I get back a huge and enthusiastic, "Good morning!" He called me the morning before I was supposed to leave with the sole purpose of saying good-bye and have a good time. It wasn't even meant in a romantic sense but it was just really sweet of him to do. I was caught so off-guard. It's been well over a month since camp and I talk to him at least once a week.
ImageImageImage
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

genuinesmile wrote:haa...that's sweet and oh so true. Most of the times guys are usually the sweetest during the first year and then it sort of goes down, picking back up every now and then. I remember fondly, my random "roses days" now it's mainly special occasions...lol
Lol, yeah. Now it's birthdays and Valentines days if I'm reaaallly lucky! He did buy me some goregous lillies that got delivered to my house while he was on holiday recently though, so he can be really cute and impulsive when he wants to be. ;)
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

Oh, I love those stories, but I don't think I even nedd to mention that. Pretty much all of us do!
Ooookay. My turn:
I was in 6th grade, a few years ago, and this new guy in my class had like me since the beginnning of the school year. I had gone to the Christmas Ball with him, and he had send me thousands of e-mails, some annoying, some sweet, some with self-written poems, some pages long saying "Thank you Thank you Thank you" and so on "For going to the Ball with me." Well, I guess he really liked me, but he was shy.
It was my birthday after the Christmas holiday, and he asked me to stay after science class. And then, as my birthday present, he gave me a real silver ring! That fit perfectly and was super-beautiful!
Awwwwwww. I allways had it with me until one day I put it on my key chain for a while and someone stole my keys. Or I lost them, I'm not sure.

I mean, what 6th grader gives his crush a silver ring for her birthday? It was new too, he had gotten it extra for me =) And I know he didn't steal it, because I'm still very good friends with him, and he wouldn't ever steal something, not even for his crush or girlfriend. So cute :P