Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Post by una »

CG that is so not a double post...you waited 24 hours (well, longer really) before posting again which is the rules. :D

*taking Mod hat off*

I think the shadownet, at least how it was described to me, is very tangled and messy as compared to the clean swift (most likely overly) OCD layout of the Psynet. That's how I would look at it.

I am actually excited to read Max's book. I really, really liked him in Clay and Tally's book so I can't wait to see his HEA and his psy sounds SOO intriguing (oh, yes, I so did read the excerpt). :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Yes, I agree with Una's take... The Shadownet is more like the "Web of Stars" in that there are actual "visual" connections between people's minds. Like Dev explained you can go visit someone else "mentally" by following the connections from one mind to another. There is emotion in the shadownet, as well. The PsyNet is a vast emptiness - like space - with individual minds looking like stars. There is no emotion and no color. There are no bonds between individuals. I think it is also a stronger "psychic" place - the brain power is stonger, if that makes sense.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

That's how I understood the ShadowNet mechanics. I guess I was doubting myself when I couldn't really make heads or tails at the beginning of the book whether or not Dev was actually a Psy. The way the little boy who was "diagnosed" with schizophrenia (can't remember his name..Cruz?) was described, I couldn't help but wonder if Lucas and Sasha's kid would be the same. Between the psy and the changeling genes, which would be dominate?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, finally finished Dev's book and I loved it! I could go into it all but I am running short on time tonight :) Quick question though...Can anyone explain to me how Dev is connected to the Shadownet but Talin wasn't?

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

fanMNM wrote:Ok, finally finished Dev's book and I loved it! I could go into it all but I am running short on time tonight :) Quick question though...Can anyone explain to me how Dev is connected to the Shadownet but Talin wasn't?
My understanding is that not all Forgotten "need" to be connected to the Shadownet. And over generations, some of the Forgotten got distanced from the original group and their kids and grandkids didn't know that they were part Psy. However, in some cases after a few generations of detachment the decendents NEED the net, but don't know about it, like Talin and Cruz (I don't have the book with me, basing this on CG's message above).
cullengirl wrote: The way the little boy who was "diagnosed" with schizophrenia (can't remember his name..Cruz?) was described, I couldn't help but wonder if Lucas and Sasha's kid would be the same. Between the psy and the changeling genes, which would be dominate?
I don't think this would happen to their children. First b/c they will bring the child into the Web of Stars from the very beginning, s/he will have a stable enviroment and a neuro-net for feedback. Second, the kids that are "messed up" have developed new and different abilities after being intergrated into human society after several generations. I think that there won't be that much mutation of the abilities after just one mating. Does this make sense?

News from Nalini: She has updated her WEBSITE with additional information about her books and a link to a little Christmas gift to her fans... A freebie book (unassociated with any series). Enjoy!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Happy New Year!! Exciting news from Nalini... She has posted a GREAT teaser from Indigo's book. This is the link: http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/ You will have to scroll down to the correct spot, but this should be it.
I'm posting from my phone, so I hope it worked. If not, just go to her blog.

Max's book comes out in July with Indigo in November (tentatively). Enjoy!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Thanks Twimom! Now I get to wonder who this blue eyed beast is. Hmmmm....
by Laniyeah on photobucket
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

bac wrote:Thanks Twimom! Now I get to wonder who this blue eyed beast is. Hmmmm....
Did you read the comments after the "teaser?" Rumor is the "beast" is Andrew... which makes perfect sense to me. Can't wait to read another changling-changling pairing!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Andrew as in Drew/ Brenna's other brother?! OME! I hope that rumor is true. I love that pack!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

cullengirl wrote:Andrew as in Drew/ Brenna's other brother?! OME! I hope that rumor is true. I love that pack!
YES!! That very one! Riley and Brenna's brother... Makes a lot of sense! Can't WAIT for the book!