Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Post by cullengirl »

*Giggles* See I read those excerpts to just find out who is paired with whom. *Looks confused and doesn't know if that sounds grammatically correct*. You guys know what I mean, right? :?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Nalini announced on her blog today that Hawke's book (Book #10, comes out next year) will be titled: Kiss of Snow. SQUEE! I love it already! (here is the link: http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2010/08 ... -snow.html)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I so cannot wait!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Ooooh, can't wait! I miss those Changelings. Still have to read Max's book but can't wait to read Indigo's book. ;)
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

So excited for Hawke's book!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Finally finished Max's book, Bonds of Justice, last night and really enjoyed this one a lot more than Dev's book. Dev just rubbed me the wrong way. I loved Max though. He's super intelligent, caring, and observant. I think it's a coincidence that he was also a cop. *winks*

Although there wasn't much romance in this one than the previous ones, I thought it was much better written and the plot regarding the Pure Psy kept my attention. Really miss those changelings though! The references of Max being like a changeling were annoying, but they didn't bother me as much. Can't wait until Indigo's book. That's going to be HAWT!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I read the anthology Burning Up that has the short story of Ria and her mate Emmett. It was really good, takes place in the past when DarkRiver is trying to establish their control over the city.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una wrote:I read the anthology Burning Up that has the short story of Ria and her mate Emmett. It was really good, takes place in the past when DarkRiver is trying to establish their control over the city.

I enjoyed it too! I was thrown for a minute, trying to figure otu what was going on, but once I realized it was taking place before all of the other books, it all came together :D

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

@FanMNM - that would have been confusing!

For those that may not know, I write a paranormal romance review blog... This is my (mini) review that I wrote for the novella. It's short b/c the book has 4 stories and I had to write something for each of them:

Ria (a human) is attacked and nearly raped before DarkRiver enforcers step in. Changling Emmett is immediately attracted to Ria and serves as her protector. The story follows the couple as they learn about one another, and learn to trust each other.
This is story set in Ms. Singh’s amazing Psy/Changling series (one of the best PNR series out there). It is set back in time, so you do not have to have knowledge of the series to enjoy this novella. Ms. Singh does a fabulous job of drawing me in by creating characters I care about. The story moves quickly, but doesn’t skimp on plot development or hot romance. My only issue was the final “hurdle” placed in front of the couple, which felt forced and unnecessary. The couple was already together and in love. I did not see the purpose in tossing them one more issue to deal with - especially one so minor and silly. But it was just that - silly - and the story is still a good one.
My Rating: 4 stars. Really enjoyed - strongly recommend.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I really need to pick up Burning Up and read it!

I managed to get one of my friends to start the series. She's already on Mercy and Riley's book. And loves it and the whole series. She confessed to me that she is head-over-heels in love with Hawke. So I decided to torture her a little and send her this quote from Nalini's Facebook Page: "From the manuscript for Kiss of Snow: "That was when she felt teeth. On her lower lip. A slow, sexy bite that dared her to retaliate.""