Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Post by una »

According to Nalini's site, Kiss of Snow, aka Hawke's book is going to be released in hardback first and the paperback will follow in six months. However, it is being released in June 2011...earlier than she originally predicted.

Just judging from the title, Hawke's mate is so going to be a psy. I have a feeling it is going to be Sienna...I just hope (although I should have faith in Nalini) she earns him. I just feel that Sienna is too young; young as in immature not age...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thanks, Una... Unfortunately NOTHING about that post makes me happy. :cry:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Say it isn't so!! I SO don't want Sienna with Hawke. She's better off with Kit.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I can see Singh pairing Hawke and Sienna together. It's been kind of hinted at already in previous books, don't you all think? There's something between them, anyway...if it's not an attraction then his book might give us another explanation. But I'm thinking they end up together...(just my opinion!)

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

You know... Snow could be SnowDancer and NOT snow like ice like psy?!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Now that you mention that, that could be true. Judd's book was called "Caressed by Ice". Besides Indigo, which female is not mated in the Snowdancer pack?

OT: I can't keep my felines in check. Lucas is a panther. Vaughn a jaguar. Clay and Dorian are leopards, right? As you can tell, I'm more of a Snowdancer pack kinda gal.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

The Darkriver pack is leopards. Lucas is a special type of leopard - panther - but all are leopards. The exception is Vaughn, who is a jaguar, but he was "adopted" by the pack, I believe. Snowdancers are wolves.

I don't know if Hawke's mate is Snowdancer, but he is, so I just tossed that out there. But as far as world building goes, Nalini would have to make a strong case for Sienna (as Una said, she needs to earn him) OR we will meet someone new in the next 2 books... We'll see!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I always saw it as Caressed by Ice because that is what Brenna was...Judd was ice but he was gentle with her...if that makes sense. So, Kissed by Snow, it just seems to be another psy/snowdancer match. Plus it has been hinted that there is attraction on both sides. To me though, again, Sienna needs to earn him. She is young/immature when we've seen her. She needs to grow up and act like a strong woman (completely my opinion). Hawke needs someone strong (she's going to be the Alpha's mate...dealing with the WHOLE HUGE pack) by his side and not some spoiled brat. Even though Sascha is compassionate she is also very forthright and has a strong character. She is a great leader and asset to the DarkRiver pack. Sienna needs to rise up to that level in my opinion.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I've read Play of Passion which does address Hawke. MY LIPS ARE SEALED!! I'll be running a spoiler-free review of the book on my blog next week. I'll post the link. I gave it 4.5 stars!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

*Does happy spastic dance* I'm guessing you liked it as much as Mercy and Riley's book?