Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: "Adult Thread: Spoiler Warning" Psy/Changeling Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Teak wrote: Una, me too! I was at B&N getting a Jeaniene Frost book and decided to just wander over and check...and it was there!! Noah was also there in a series by J. Frank that I'm reading. Yay!! So...check your stores...it may be on the shelf...

Ok...Teakisha VanDevious...it's your turn to be named. :cry: :x Not fair, you guys. Boo hoo wah wah. Ok, I'm actually happy (and jealous) that anyone was able to get it early.

..Sargeant Elizabeth O'Ruley strikes again...
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

I freaking went to my local B&N and they didn't have it :x now I have to wait until tuesday like everyone else. Ugh!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

Ok...Teakisha VanDevious...it's your turn to be named. Not fair, you guys. Boo hoo wah wah. Ok, I'm actually happy (and jealous) that anyone was able to get it early.

..Sargeant Elizabeth O'Ruley strikes again...
*snort* You are creative!

I must confess though, I am in the middle of a book I probably won't finish until Sunday or Monday...so I most likely won't get to reading about Dorian until right before the regular release date anyway!! I'll be ready to discuss accordingly though, once most are finished! Looking forward to it!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I am ALMOST finished with Judd's book, will most likely read Clay's and start Dorian's on Saturday. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE new book smell!!! :twisted: Here, *lifts book to screen* can you smell it? :lol:

I will say it is almost worse (being that I'm so type A) I can't bear to crack it open because i need to finish my rereads, but it SITS there TAUNTING me! I can hear Dorian's voice crying out to me, "Read me...don't you love me?"
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:Can I just tell you how much I LOVE new book smell!!! :twisted: Here, *lifts book to screen* can you smell it? :lol:
You're just crew-el and eve-ill. You many just get another name, worse than Una Mae McCheaty.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Teak: I'm glad you like the name! I'll let you keep it for a few days. LOL

Una: Just let Dorian sit there. Aren't we supposed to be reading Ashes anyway?

I'm reading S. Kenyon's Fantasy Lover, and so far I really like it. I keep imagining the really hot tortured male as a vampire though. :twisted: Hmmm
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

No way Una you got it early? That really is unsettling. I want it early! I have been waiting not starting anything new so I will be in perfect rested reading mode. I thought of starting re reads but decided that I would do it after the first read of the new book. As for the embarrassment of the titles of the books, yes very and to take them in public or read around anyone you know red cheeks abound. I remedied that I bought a leather book cover with light attached solve the problem. I hope everyone enjoys the new book. I really like this series. I hope that there will be many new books to come.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I found a picture of MY Vaughn. Yes, I know we all see our paranormal creatures differently, but this one is too yummy to pass up:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/ ... Felker.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/ ... elker2.jpg

I mean "MY" as is my view...my image of Vaughn. Whew! Don't want to get attacked. :o
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

GNE,
I can totally see him as Vaughn. I would love to put my fingers in that hair. Where do you find all these men?
I found myself walking around Disneyland last night choosing who would make good Brothers, Changelings, Vamps, Wolves, and what character each would fit.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
LadyDi

Post by LadyDi »

una wrote:Alright, LadyDi made a GREAT suggestion to me. We must also show some home love to the Wolves. Here you go!
So what do you think?
Okay, either someone is pretending to be me, or I am pulling a Tally and saying / doing things I don't remember doing! As much as I wish I could claim the idea of Clay or Vaughn's shower, that one wasn't me. Home love to the worlds wasn't me either. Could it be our beloved GNE? 'Fess up, peeps!
I'm catching up on this thread instead of writing lesson plans (naughty me!).
I have to confess that it took me a while to get into the P/C series (I think I was paranormeroticaed out after burning through BDB and MB and 2 of P/C). Judd's book helped me enjoy the series. At first Lucan and Vaughn were just too similar for me (yes, the Vaughn fans are probably going to claw my eyes out for saying that - I know my dear friend in real life said she seriously was debating whether she loved Vishous from BDB or Vaughn from P/C more). I loved the Psy complications. I liked Clay's book too, although I think I like Judd's best so far.

I just wish they'd change the titles and the corny covers. I was doing a training and my co-trainer pulled out Clay's book out of my purse. There was much slapping (me of him) and laughing (both of us). It really does sound like I was making excuses when I said "really, it's not like the cover would have you believe - it's a really good story". I haven't made it to Nalini Singh's website - hopefully like in BDB we can have some brave souls here who can "translate" and summarize from us here.

ETA: I must call said-friend to see if we can grab Dorian's book early. And Kat, is there a cheaper version of the leather covers? I use shiny foil paper for my BDBs (each one a different colour) so I need a different system for P/C.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!