Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: "Adult Thread: Spoiler Warning" Psy/Changeling Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I don't have Dorian yet. I just called Hastings and talked to the mean ol'book lady. She said there are several copies in. She also reads that series, she said. I reminded her that I'm the Twilight fan. (Remember from last thread she thought I was a kid). She also said Hastings received 3 Twilight posters today. They are of Edward & Bella and are "beautiful"... and going for $20 a piece.

I won't be checking this thread again until I'm finished with Dorian. Give me until Thursday night, please?? :P
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

No of us would EVER even THINK of spoiling any of the yummy kitty, puppy and psy (can't think of a good nickname) goodness. We'll keep it spoiler free until Thursday! I'm sure we can all abide by it. Goodness, look how good we were with BD!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Picked up my copy today. Not even forgeting my umbrella and having to run across the parking lot in the pouring rain could keep me away. Just thought to take a break and check in. I'm glad someone posted the date for the next book because I thought maybe Dorian was the last one since she has a new series starting. Ok back to reading.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Oooooh...what's this about a new series? You can't just throw that out here and run away, Bewitched. I demand more details. :lol: Will it be a sweet, smutty, and smart book. Yes..I did notice I just described myself, too. ;)
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Ha...you could be SuperTwinS^3! But then wouldn't I have to be the opposite then? :(

Yes, she has a new book coming out, a new vampire hunter series. Looks good, I think Dorian's book has a small excerpt, but I read it on her website today. I got a bit of shivers reading it, I think it maybe will be smart, sweet, and smutty! :twisted: (I love that description!)

I can save a bit of time, seems the story stars Elena as the human hunter. She is "hired" by angels (in this case a archangel with a serious reputation) to hunt/capture vampires. From this excerpt she is fairly green but has the talent. Only this time, the prey for her is not a vampire....something far more interesting... :D
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Thanks, Una! I picked up Dorian today. I planned to have more read than I do, but I watched TV with Hubby all night.

I picked up another Sherrilyn Kenyon book. I'll keep you posted.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ok, I'm blowing off the gym today to get control of my house...but I refuse to start until I finish Dorian's book!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Ok I'm done. I finished it last night. I love Dorian. He's my favorite so far. Can I trade my neurotic cat for him? I would pet him, and love him, and squeeze him, and hold him. My kitty. *sigh*
una

Post by una »

Ha, Bewitched, Dorian as a housekitty! :lol:

Nima, I must applaud you, I feel you have your priorities straight! :D

GNE - I understand, hubby decided that since I have school again, I had to spend the evening watching some political thing last night (I think it was one of the conventions). I'm not big on the political hoopla, no matter what side, so I read. I started a new book called Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner. I just finished Good In Bed and it was pretty good (thanks to GNE for the recommendation).

I think the new series that Singh has coming out will be good. I think she's a pretty good writer so I'm going to give it shot.

Here is the excerpt for Angels Blood - her new book due out in March 2009
http://www.nalinisingh.com/angelsblood.html
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I'm done! I'm done! Dorian's book is my favorite so far. Yup, my fav with Lucas still running a close second. I'm glad we still get more than nods at the other books. Those characters are continuing to develop in other stories. Can we chat yet?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry