I finally got around to reading Dev's book - sorry I had to be so AWOL but I didn't want any spoilers.
Comments (and spoilers abound)
- funny, but I recall there being a complaint about this book being about "just a human" (Dev, leader of Shine) but it turns out he wasn't exactly, he was Forgotten (Psy from the original escape group after Silence)
- I liked the side plot with William (I think that was his name), Dev's nephew or son of a close friend who had powers similar to Judd's (it wasn't that he was not linked to the ShadowNet, it was that his powers were so extremely powerful that without proper training, he could have turned into a killer)
- Noor and Keenan > talk about destined to be together! That their Psy powers work in sync with each other!
- like others, I wasn't going bananas over the book (we've had a lot of women emotionally violated and tortured at the hands of high-ranking Psy Council) but watching Ekaterina / Katya die was a tear-jerker
- nice to have a hero of different ethnic background, but did it have to be constantly reminded with the "spice" and "tiger" references?
- lots of intrigue with the Psy Council ... not sure who is up to what exactly but I'm sure we'll learn more
- liked seeing the others still play a role, like Sascha, Ashaya, etc.
Good to be back on the Lex!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!