Maximum Ride

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Maximum Ride

Post by Nena »

This thread is to discuss the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson.
You know the rules, post away!
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Maximum Ride

Post by twilighter4eva »

yay! but no one else has posted here yet... :(
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I read 2 of these books, but to be honest, they weren't that mindblowing. His stuff is starting to all be alike. I read a book of his years ago similar to these newer ones...
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I was curious about the Max Ride series, too. One of my HS students highly recommended it. She hadn't read Twilight, so I wasn't sure if I could trust her. A few weeks ago I was in sam's Club and all the books were there, but I chose to read Patterson's The Last Days of Daniel X instead since it was geared more toward an older crowd...I thought.

I'm several chapters in, and I've given up the idea that it will get any better. It's juvenile, simplistic, boring. I don't recommend this book to anyone. I probably won't read Max Ride because of Daniel X.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
fang1/3
Settled in Forks

Post by fang1/3 »

I read the whole searies after my best friend got me the first book for my birthday, I really enjoyed it tbh, it was a nice change, not like mindblowing I agree but it satisfies the reading needs for me & I'm a bit of a picky reader.
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

I'm a huge James Patterson Fan, I'm a sucker for mystery's and thrillers, so I have aread all the Maximum Ride novels, and I think they are good, but not excedengly (spelling?) great. I prefer some of Patterson's other novels more, such as the Alex Cross and Wemon's Murder Club series. Maximum Ride is more geared toward the younger crowd, but I did enjoy them. I'd recomend, and have done so, to friends and those who like juvenile/Young Adult Sci-Fi, so I'd say give them a try...and The Dangerous Days of Daniel X wasn't a bad read either, though it does get a bit over-the-top creepy in some spots. :)
BettingOnAlicexX
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BettingOnAlicexX »

Should i read the maximum rise series.???
People keep sayingvarious things and im not sure if i should or not.
I used to be MyLifeAddictionEdward
Banner By Mayde
Oli Sykes is LOVE
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

BettingOnAlicexX wrote:Should i read the maximum rise series.???
People keep sayingvarious things and im not sure if i should or not.
I'd say yes...as I said in my post, I'm a huge James Patterson Fan, and I'd recomend reading the Maximum Ride series. They are good reads. :)
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

I love MR, it's my 2nd favorite series next to Twilight. I like the realness of it even though it's very out there. The series is less about using big descriptive words and using words you hear in everyday conversation.

Pixiealice, it's very similar to the Lake House and When the Wind Blows, it's based off of it.
ImageImageImage
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Maximum Ride's pretty good, not absolutely near-perfection (like Twilight...*sigh*), but good nonetheless.

The three books were great but I absolutely disliked the fourth one. I mean, *somewhat spoiler* global warming is an important subject everyone needs to know about (cough...look at my sig) but I don't think it'd make a good storyline on books.

*waves hands in defense* It's just my opinion, though, for those who liked the fourth book. Hehe.

But yeah, I think Fang is absolutely hot (not as hot as our fave vamps) but yeah, still hot.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda