Boys are Confusing

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: Boys are Confusing

Post by roo-roo91 »

trust me.
you'll understand them soon.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

oh, i understand them plenty, honest
but there are just certain things that will never make sense.....
like way they all have to be such players and have to have a million chick friends and have to talk to two others right after they talk to you and all that crap.....
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

i understand that.
(what you said in tiny print)
it's hard to explain though.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I also know what you mean (in the tiny print). One of my friends is a total player, but I am pretty much head over heels about him. He's so funny, and so... deep? Is that the word.... hmmm... But he is constantly flirting with most of the girls he meets.

He constantly is teasing me, poking or tickling me whenever he get's the chance. And then he plays with my heart whenever he tells me, "I only tease you because I like you." I never know if the "I like you" part is more teasing and flirting or if he honestly means it, he's soo hard to read.... I also get butterflies when he hugs me and says, "I've missed you, Nicholle."

Unfortunately, I have another friend who is head over heels about the same guy. She's constantly talking about him, and totally gushing.... ugh.... I don't know if I'm more annoyed because she won't shut up, or if I'm annoyed because I just want her to back off of 'my guy.'
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Oh boy more boy problems from me...

So, my friend Rafe (short for Rafelle) has always understood that I like my privacy so when my other friend River comes over at night because he always locks himself out of the house but is too scared to climb up to his window on the second floor, he has always declined the "invites" from River to come over to my place with him. But, recently he has started coming over some nights. And I have noticed that he is coming more and more frequently as time goes on and while River usually just raids my fridge or something Rafe has been talking to me a lot, but then if I ask him if he wants to go do something like see a movie and grab a bite to eat - which used to be completely normal for us - he always turns me down. Mixed signals. I hate it. I mean, I like him and he is attractive so given the chance I would date him, but this whole mixed signals crap has me confused. I don't want to ask him out if this is just boys being weird because I don't want to take the chance of our friendship becoming awkward, yet if he does like me, I don't want to pass this chance of possibly becoming more than friends. Help please?

Nicholle~Watch him around the other girls a bit closer. If he says the same lines to them or pays the same amount of attention to them then that may be what he is like with all girls. (I have a friend like that.) But if he pays even the slightest bit more attention to you or isn't feeding the same lines like "I've missed you, *insert name here*" to everyone else then it is possible that he honestly does like you.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

ouchies nicholle, youve got it tough =/
thats kinda how the kid im talking about it, and the problem is hes the third guy like this ive fell for, i dont understand why i only fall for guys like this!
theyre always flirting with every girl possible and they all have like a million chick friends and it just pisses me off
not to mention they all flipping write songs and play instruments and two of them also play golf and those two are like flipping soul twins or something, except the latter of the two, the one im currently liking, everything with him happened in like two weeks and the other one i ended up dating for a month and it all took two years to happen
its just so messed up
oh, and also, they all flipping have girlfriends when i fall for them! gahhhhhhhh!
the fact that hes saying 'i like you' and 'ive missed you' is really playing with your emotions, i dont know if i could deal with that =/
and your friend! ahhhhh! id die!

@ashley
thats a tough one, id almost say just wait and see what rafe does, but that might take forever knowing boys, and if youre the kinda girl who doesnt mind asking boys out, maybe just wait a little while, see what he talks about, see if he starts wanting to go to movies or dinner or something after a while, dont jump into things too too quick though, you dont wanna ask him out too soon and then find out that you jumped the gun and ruin things, but i wouldnt say dont let it pass by, if you really like him, youll wanna take the chance at one point or another
ImageImage
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Bleurgh. So the guy I like likes someone else, who isn't really my friend, but she's the kind of person I can talk to for a while and we get on okay. I feel really mean because I haven't even told him I like him, so there's no reason why I should be annoyed when he talks about her. We haven't actually known each other very long (since September), but because he didn't know anyone when he came into our 6th form, and I was the one who talked to him and stuff, so I'm just the friend now, I think.

DoNotFear, it's good that you're yourself, but I think it's stupid how everyone kinda excludes you because of that. I think it's much harder for people in America, because the schools are bigger and there's a lot more pressure to do well, and there's clique and all that.

Sam, that sucks, but you can't really choose who you fall for. :(

Nicholle, I agree with what Ashleysaid. I don't really know what else to say :S Lol, I get jealous like that sometimes. ie, my problem.

Ashley, I don't know what he's doing ... mixed signals are so hard to understand. Does he gives a reason? You could just say something like 'are you busy or something?' and then try and find out if there's a reason he keeps declining.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Thanks for your advice... I need it, I think I'm going crazy... lol...

@Ashley: I know what you mean about not wanting to ask a guy out for fear of ruining a friendship... Kind of what I'm going through with my friend... I don't want to ask him out, and find out he was just flirting for the fun of teasing me, or if he actually likes me... I mean, we've been friends since seventh grade, and I would hate to have to loose him...

@Sam: I'm sorry, I sometimes fall for those kind of guys as well... Unfortunately, a lot of those guys find me invisible.

@DoNotFear: I agree with -Jasper. It's good that you act yourself, but I do agree with how you feel about all of the cliques and stuff. Honestly, I would rather do without it. My friends and I are basically a jumble of personalities, a few of us pretty much popular (the guy who I'm head over heels over), the few who are kind of shunned by the rest of the school body (quite a few of the guys crushing on me...), and then the group that I fit into which is the people who are kind of well known around the school, but not caring enough to actually pay attention to the whole "clique" business.

@-Jasper: Ow, I know how you feel... Once this other guy I liked was dating another girl who I sometimes talked to. The girl was nice enough, but the green monster of jealousy kept rearing it's ugly head... Sigh....
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

@jenni
i hate it when guys do that, you start talking to them and being all friendly and then when someone else comes along, they leave you in the dust..... :evil:
and thats a good point.... problem usually ends up being that i fall for like every guy that talks to me because its pretty rare for guys to have real conversations with me, i just tend to fall harder for that same kind of guy =/
@nicholle
oh, i know how being found invisible feels, pretty much all guys find me invisible except for the ones i approach and the rare case of the kind of guys i was talking about =/
ImageImage
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

Thanks for the advice :)

OOooooh I hate it when I fall for guys (which happens all the time) that always have girlfriends! Like this one time where i really liked this guy, and he seemed like he liked me for an entire year, and right at the last day of school, I found out it got with the girl I totally HATE! GAAAAAAAAHHH!! And now the guy I like is a whole grade lower from me. *headdesk*

@Nicholle: I agree with Midnightsun. Watch what he says around other girls. You might be special!
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.