Vampire Novels Like Twilight

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Vampire Novels Like Twilight

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

MiharuSkii wrote:Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan, I've only read the first one and it's not really like Twilight, but it's still good.
I love The Saga of Darren Shan! Those books are so twisted, it's great! The third book Tunnels of Blood is similar to Twilight in that the vampire falls in love with a human and later on in the series he meets her again when she's already an adult and has to tell her what he is. Can't wait for the movie! :D
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Idk any that are child apropriate, but Sherrilyn Kenyon's DarK-Hunter series as well as Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

real vampires really scare me...
I've heard there's a series called the vampire diaries - i am going to read them soon
and the Vampire Academy - which seems like a good tale to me - on my list to read as well <3
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Tantalize, Anne Rice's books, Blue Bloods, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Kisses...

..need I say more?

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I've started reading some of Anne Rice and I put the Vampire Diaries on hold at the library
Blue Bloods are good (3rd one comes out in Oct.) and my friend mentioned one called Marked, I think it's a series
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

take the time out to read the first four of anne rice's vampire chronicles, you will seriously not be disappointed. i think they are THE best vampire books out there. they're definitely not the same as twilight at all, but i can guarantee you that you'd get hooked. i've read them tons of times. and i've been trying to find the others, i've read three or four more since the first four. also i've read dracula and the historian by elizabeth kostova and both were pretty good too, but im always gonna stick by the vampire chronicles.
Last edited by kaitlyncullen on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

malaz wrote:I've heard there's a series called the vampire diaries - i am going to read them soon
and the Vampire Academy - which seems like a good tale to me - on my list to read as well <3
Omg my love!
You should totally read Vampire Diaries!
You're gonna fall in love with Stefan.
Well, he's nothing to Edward, but still!
Hahaha<3
I enjoyed the first 2books in that series.

Hmmm. Vampire Academy...
I was reading that on the back of the Vampire Diaries...
Maybe I should read that too.
Hmmmm.
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
FireLuna
Wandering Through Town

Post by FireLuna »

The Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice. :3 (for young adult and older fans)
The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd by Heather Brewer. (for teens and younger fans...I like them and I'm 17)
The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. Loved them! Very good reads.
Blue Bloods by Melissa Be La Cruz. (for teens and young adults) Very nice read.
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

bittenbyEdwardCullen wrote:
MiharuSkii wrote:Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan, I've only read the first one and it's not really like Twilight, but it's still good.
I love The Saga of Darren Shan! Those books are so twisted, it's great! The third book Tunnels of Blood is similar to Twilight in that the vampire falls in love with a human and later on in the series he meets her again when she's already an adult and has to tell her what he is. Can't wait for the movie! :D
Oooooh...I love Cirque du Freak....They are the best..Ok...no...they are not...Twilight is the best but anyways.... :D
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Anne Rice's series and Sherrilyn Kenyon's series are not Young Adult. They are both for mature readers. Either series has violence, sexual situations, graphic language, and adult themes. These series are written for older readers (17-18 and older). Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Academy, House of Night, Circue Du Freak are for younger readers. Walk through your local bookstore. You'll see that Anne Rice and Sherrilyn Kenyon books are marked for older readers.

The introduction to this thread specifies young adult books. There are impressionable people on this site, and I'm sure no one wants to endanger anyone (via reading adult material or getting grounded when caught with said material).

If you are unsure about a series or book that is mentioned, you can visit any online bookstore (such as amazon) or visit an online book club (such as Shelfari or Goodreads) where you will find reviews and recommendations.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!