What's Your OCD?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Re: What's Your OCD?

Post by elstardust »

When I go to work all the books there have to be perfectly aligned. If something catches my eye and its not perfectly placed on the shelf, it must be adjusted. I go crazy if I go to work and see that kids messed up my children's section. It's just a weird habit now...
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
maggiepants
Wandering Through Town

Post by maggiepants »

haha oh this is an amazing thread. I feel like I fit in so well after reading some of your posts. Anyway, I like to say that I don't have full blown OCD, rather I just have some OCD-like actions:

-I hate it when someone leaves time left on the microwave. I mean, I understand getting your food out early, I just don't understand why its hard to hit clear after you stop it.
- I don't understand people who wear shoes around their house. I could see wearing them at someone else's house, I guess...but not your own.
- I'm obsessed with adding and subtracting. Like if I'm watching tv, say on channel 10 and I want to switch to 23, instead of just pressing 23, I always wish there was an addition button so I could do +13. I realize that its totally ridiculous, but its what I want to do. :D
- I'm obsessed with getting a "clean" unwrapping on cds and movies. I hate when you take the wrapping off and it leaves some adhesive or you make a dent trying to get under a sticker or something. Absolutely drives me crazy.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i have full blown OCD, and Bi polar disorder and i use to be heavily medicated i take a xanax every now and then now to calm myself down..
my OCD isn't so bad im in therapy for it because of my refusal of meds.. i have been off meds for about 2 years and i've only had a few bad bad moments.. some of my OCD things i do don't bother me i think its a good thing..

My house.. is freakishly clean.. im a stay at home mom.. so i spend most days cleaning.. since i have kids and i have a serious freakyness to germs i clean all the time.. I love cleaning(but i hate laundry)
my closet is color coordinated.. my husband likes to piss me off by putting a black shirt with the white ones.. I have a really big closet.. its room size.. i got lucky i guess. I really dont like EVEN numbers.. i don't like finishing on even numbers for anything.. im weird about my kids seat belts i must check them 5 times before i actually get in the car and drive.. and then i check my own a few times.. i make sure that my door is locked by jiggling the handle 13 times.. no joke.. i dont do it that much anymore.. im trying to walk away and let it go because i know its lock.. something im still working on.. I make my bed 5 times a day.. even though i only sleep in it at night.. it has to be perfect when i get in it( i know weird) i throw things out that get within a couple of days of the expiration date.. im scared to death of food poisoning. im must sound like such a freak.. but im really not that bad anymore.. My bi polar disorder is better.. I've only had to mania moments in 2 years and they only lasted a couple of weeks.. and i get down just like everyone else.. but i try not to dwell i have a lot to live for.. i think thats way i get manic more then depressed.. when i get manic i dye my hair.. i spend money and its weird.. but not too bad.. i just turn into a different person....
OCD sucks.. but like i said somethings i do don't bother me.. its how many times i do them.. like the door knob.. im so scared im going to come home and someone is going to be in my house waiting for me.. ugh..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I HATE it:
when people write in my books (my aunt fixed ALL the typos in Twilight I wanted to kill her. Seriously she better sleep with her eyes open)
when people take my phone without asking and look through my txts
when people take a bite of my food without asking
when people write on me
when people sit on my bed
when people don't wash their hands b4 and after eating
I do the same thing in public bathrooms with the paper towels thing
when people draw on my school work

I can't stand it:
when a book series is on a shelf and they are out of order (I was in Borders once and put all the Twilight books in order)
when stuff on my desk is not symetrical (if there is something big on one side there has to be on the other side etc)
when my locker is messy
when my room is messy
when the chain on someones necklace is hanging down the front

Okay I sound like a freak, but I am
I also suffer from O.C.D (obsessive cullen disorder)
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

Some of my OCD symptoms people have already mentioned...like the time on the microwave being left after someone taks their food out. I also can't stand it when books on my bookshelf are out of order, when they're different heights, or if my favorite series does not come first. o.O

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

edward x lover wrote:
I can't stand it:
when a book series is on a shelf and they are out of order (I was in Borders once and put all the Twilight books in order)
ha, I do this too! I used to work in a bookstore, and I can't walk by a display table that is messy without tidying it, or a shelf that has books falling over/out of order/wrongly alphabetized without fixing it. I was actually out with two of my girlfriends last week and we all do the same thing (we all worked together at the bookstore), it's quite funny to watch actually.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

^^ HAHAHA YAY I'm not alone =]
~Lee~
RDC<3
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Ok lol so I what I REALLY dont like is...

1. Talking with food in your mouth
2. Spitting when you talk or Chew (its really gross lol)
3. Interruptions
4. People taking/chewing louder then nessesary
5. People with BAD Breath :lol:
6. People who don't listen and then ask you 3 seconds later what somebody said
7. Telling somebody a secret and having them bring it up every minute
8. Ok, so this is going to sound really weird, but for NO reason I hate butterflies bugs and spiders. I Have NO CLUE why. I mean I absolutley dont like spiders or bugs. But I mean Butterflies are nice to look at and all, but i cant have one touch me or near me. Idk why. Maybe they will grow on me *shrugs*

Yeah idk lol I can go on and on :lol:
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Okay things that annoy me:
-People who smack gum, my sister does this and I always say, "If you smack your gum again I'm going to smack YOU!" and my mom always gets really mad at me for saying that.
-People touching my books. A friend of mine always touches them just to bug me.
-When my friends hang underwear all over my room. (I can't leave them alone for one second without them getting into trouble :roll: )
- When people put more butter on a roll than there is roll.
-One word, staring and for some reason I'm always being stared at.

Things I do that are OCD:
-Alphabetizing my DVD's, that mainly started so I could tell imeditley if my brother had stolen one, but he moved out now and I still do it.
-Howl when my dogs start to bark, which I do to annoy my mom, but whatever...
-I reapply lipgloss constantly, just because I need it to be shiny.

and others that I can't think of.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I chew on my necklace even though it is gross
I also do that thing where you slide the charms on the necklace back forth over and over again
I pick my cuticles constantly
I can't leave the stereo alone (there has to be a song on that I know every word to)
my phone has to be fullt charged and my ipod bc it bothers me that the is a little space not taken up
~Lee~
RDC<3