Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I think I'd get changed into a pretty. like debussygirl said, its just how they are. Grow up, get pretty, have fun. I don't think I'd be the one to figure out that something was wrong and that I wouldn't want to be pretty.

Now, if I knew about everything, that would be different. I'd want to stay the same if I knew something bad was going to happen.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I think I'd want to become pretty, because you're right, its seems like a neccesity to them.

I just want all the surge stuff like the eye diamons and stuff.
I wasn't sad when Zane died! I just . . . couldnt like him.

Another question, but answer the other one if you want

If like in Extras you could get all those new surges, what would you have?

I'd love that chameleon skin. :D
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Twilight<3 wrote:If you lived in the world of Uglies, would you get the transformation into being pretty?
Eh, I'd get it. The temptaion of no more zits would be too much to resist... being Pretty would be fun, but I don't think my brain would like the lesions very much at all.
But actually, I'd still rather be a Special.There's an allure to being a Special that I truely love. Just the power, and the sense of superiority, like I said in one of my first posts. It'd be something I'm good at, looking and being scary, and knowing it. So, if offered that choice, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
bite_me wrote:If like in Extras you could get all those new surges, what would you have?
I'd end up as a tech-head, with mega-cool eyescreens and kinda emo styles, like the straight black hair I wish I had. And I'd re-invent Warcraft!
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

bite_me wrote:I think I'd want to become pretty, because you're right, its seems like a neccesity to them.

I just want all the surge stuff like the eye diamons and stuff.
I wasn't sad when Zane died! I just . . . couldnt like him.

Another question, but answer the other one if you want

If like in Extras you could get all those new surges, what would you have?

I'd love that chameleon skin. :D
i would definately become pretty...i wouldnt be the one to think im not gonna do it because i shouldnt have to...i would just be like oh at 16 i get pretty ok!

i cant believe you werent sad when zane died..i cried at school..lol...i loved zane though...idk he was just so sweet and cool

if i was in extras i would get like that manga surge...lol..that would be cool...and i would have cool sparkly eyes
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My sister and her husband are driving down for Christmas and my sister asked for a recommendation for a book to listen to when they drive down and I gave her Uglies. Do you think a guy (my brother-in-law) could like it? I was thinking he would because there's not too much romance in it, and there's cool future gadgets, but I don't know. I don't know any guys who've read Uglies so I couldn't say.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I don't either because I think it's the cover that throws them off. I nearly didn't read it because I thought it would be some crap like Gossip Girl or Notorious Girl.. you know, those kinds of books, which I seriously hate. So I think a guy could enjoy it. However, it is more of a young adult book and I don't know how much they would enjoy it. You could try The Host... I loved the book. My dad loved the book.

Slaughterhouse 5 is a good one. Anything by Stephen King XD Fahrenheit 451 was awesome. I heard The Secret Life of Bees was incredible. Haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Now, I haven't read the book but I'm in love with the movie. So, you could try The Children of Men. It was so incredible. Truly. The book is by P.D. James. They could get an audio tape of Edgar Allan Poe's works. Made of win. To Kill a Mockingbird was great. Erm, Neverwhere seems really good. Also, I know it's a young adult book, but I really enjoyed A Great and Terrible Beauty. Oh, and City of Bones (Mortal Instruments Trilogy).
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I told them it was a young adult book, so we'll see.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

deven
if i was in extras i would get like that manga surge...lol..that would be cool...and i would have cool sparkly eyes[/color]
I totally would get it too!! It would be so cool.

Honestly, if I lived in the Uglies times, I would gladly get the Pretties surgery. I wouldn't be perceptive enough to figure out what was happening that was so off. So Pretty surgery for me!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

Man this thread really makes me feel bad for not moving on after Uglies.
I should probably pick up pretties huh?
and if i lived in There time, I don't think i would realize what the surgery does either. haha i'm not the observant.
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I loved the Uglies series! My friend and I started using bubbly speech for a while for the heck of it and we kept getting rather odd looks. :lol:

And has anyone read the Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld? I liked them a lot!
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey