The Best Stuff in my Town!

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: The Best Stuff in my Town!

Post by Dovrebanen »

Arendal, Norway:
It's been my hometown for almost 2 years now. It doesn't have too much to offer, but I like it here.
I think the best thing is that we have so close access to the sea. Lot's of beaches and cliffs that are excellent for taking a swim. And we have nice weather in the summer usually. It's a really cozy small town.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

So the best stuff in my town.... well most of it isn't actually in Killeen, Texas..but the stuff that is:

Texas Star Creamery has the ABSOLUTE best ice cream on the planet
Beans, a local internet cafe. It has the best iced coffee anywhere. Seriously, I hate Starbucks and McDonald's is a joke, I'm not even too fond of coffee. But Beans is fantastic
Mom's Hot Rhotti has excellent Caribbean food. (though it's not the first place I tried Curried Goat)
Sisters of the Earth and Sea is actually in Heights but it has the best occult stuff, like claddagh rings, stones, candles, books, pendants, incense,a nd stuff liek that. Way better than the store in Killeen and it has a less lame name.
And then there's Ft. Hood, which just rocks because a lot of celebrityies and bands come through and give free concerts to soldiers and their families which means if you are or know someone in the army or a military dependent you've met everyone worth metting talent-wise. Always pretty cool when the summer concert series comes around.

(I'm trying to convince a certain Unitedness author to have a stop there on her book tour)
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Well, it's not exactly a town, more like country.

Singapore:
The best variety of food! Ranging from Asian to European to uniquely Singaporean.
The greenery (all year round)
The Night Safari. (It's really great and mysterious to walk about in the night).
Hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment...
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Columbus, Ohio

The BEST zoo! We just got a baby elephnat! And we have a boat ride :shock: my fave part of the whole zoo! & The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was just voted best in America! w00t!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Decatur, Alabama
The BEST fried chicken is in the Publix deli!
The BEST white chocolate mocha is at Starbucks!
The BEST movie theater is at the Monocco at Bridgestreet in Madison.
The BEST mango margarita is at Chile's.