L. J. Smith Novels --Vampire Diaries, Night World, etc

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: L. J. Smith Novels --Vampire Diaries, Night World, etc

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

So I've read all but the last Night World book. At first it's the same story 6 times with different circumstances but then soulmate is my favorite. After that the apocalypse makes things interesting, but Smithisn't going on my favorite author's list anytime soon.

Haven't had any interest in The Vampire Diaries. And infact I think I'm getting tired of Vampires. Never thought I'd say that considering they've been an obsession of mine since I was 11, almost a requirment of me reading the book. But it seems like everyone's putting vampires in novels just to sell copies and they aren't even doing it right.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Sami~ True, people do put vampires in books just to sell them, but I'd like to point out that L. J. Smith published Vampire Diaries and the first Night World books in approximately 1993. So, about seven years before Stephenie Meyer published Twilight.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Sami I'm sorry, but Hanny is right Night World and Vampire Diaries were both published BEFORE Meyer had started writing Twilight... it's just that all vampire books are coming out of the woodwork after the popularisation of Twilight.
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Hi! :D Just poking my head in...
I love Night World.. it's so good (thanks paiy! ;) )
Right now I actually think they might be even better then twilight ( : o, xxD ). I haven't read Twilight in a while though, so I might be wrong. But I keep comparing Night World to 9 amazzing short Twilight stories. Do you think that's completly wrong of me?
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

I know this. I wasn't talking about her books specifically when I said I was gettign tied of vamps. It just seeme to fit the point I was making.

I would also liek to point out that I was into vampires WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before Twilight and wouldn't have read it at all if the word vasmpire hadn't been on the back cover.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Okay sami, just wanted to check. And I know what you mean I am getting a bit bored of vamp books, cause since the popularity of Twilight many vampire books that were already around have come to light... it's like, wow Twilight is so popular... lets all jump on the band wagon! And it's frustrating.
balsphemous_contessa wrote:I was into vampires WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before Twilight and wouldn't have read it at all if the word vasmpire hadn't been on the back cover.
:lol: same here, I read Dracula when I was 10 and have been hooked on vampire books ever since, wouldn't have read Twilight if it didn't have "vampire" on the back cover... But I do like fantasy and paranormal books too.
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
blasphemous_contessa

Yeah. Actually it's a funny story how I got into vampires and paranormal books in general. I've loved Queen of the Damned since third grade I think...... which is funny because when I was 5 I read the entire Baby-Sitter's Club series in a week...which somehow lead to The Cheerleaders series, which brought me to Animorphs, and Harry Potter, so that I was reading Everworld by the time I was 9. But really Amelia Atwater-Rhodes got me into vampires in general, but basically I just like sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal stuff.

Back to Night World.... Which one was your favorite?
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I wanna read Dracula... :(

I think my favourite is Soulmate, Chosen, Jez's, or Keller's. (I just realized I know three people with the last name Keller). :D

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa

My favorite is Soulmate. But I also like the one with Ash and Mary-Lynnette and also Keller's was pretty awesome. Jez is one of my favorite characters.....but Rashel reminds me of a girl I used to know.....hard to decide.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Oh, yeah, I love Ash's too...

And, (Spoiler Alert!) Rashel and Keller are twins!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]