Administrator+Moderator+ Stephenie Meyer appreciation :)

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: Administrator+Moderator+ Stephenie Meyer appreciation :)

Post by December »

That's more or less the story. It was about a week after BD came out. Fortunately the boards were mostly backed up -- but everything which had been posted in that week was lost, including lots of great, thoughtful posts from people about why they did -- and didn't! -- like BD. So the hackers kind of shot themselves in the foot: one of their principal accusations was that the Lex was suppressing criticism of Stephenie and BD (not true) -- but they ended up wiping out the best of it themselves!

The old boards were restored as an archive, and the Lex was relaunched from scratch, using new improved software (and the new sparkly design). You can see the original boards here. (They've been reformatted to match the new Lex design, but all the content has been preserved). There are lots of posts of Stephenie's, Tennyo's famous TUGPM thread as immortalized in PC #12, the original versions of lots of current Lex threads, and plenty of other ancient history from the early days of the fandom. Well worth a browse for anyone who's curious.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Oh, I forgot, thank y'all for restoring the old boards as an archive!
I enjoy them very much, even though I was more of a reader than a poster at the time. :lol:

Wow, I never actually knew anything about the letter...or how they knew I liked Twilight or got my e-mail. Maybe they said? I didn't really read it. I guess I learned something new today. :)
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*LE GASPS!*
I didn't know we had the old SKITS thread saved! SWEET FANCY MOSES!
*runs off to go re-live the memories*

I thank the Admin for saving the Old Lex! WOOHOO!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

THANK YOU MODS FOR SAVING THE OLD SITE!
That's awful that it happened. :(
But at least we have this wonderful site now! :D
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Wait- dear sweet mother of Jasper Whitlock! We have the original boards still?? Oh My Emmett!! I didn't know that. I was so upset when it was hacked because I was in the middle of reading some of the way old stuff (I joined the lex in 2007 I think, but I didn't really get active on the boards until the countdown to BD, so RIGHT before the hack. I was reading the fun stuff like the VM (now the gutter I guess?) originals with all the funnies) I thought it was all lost *hugs old lex* That's great :D I'm going to go look through it now...

so a new thing to thank mods for
THANKS FOR SAVING OLD LEX! Because we love it too!!!!!

Party on y'all Party On! *rock on gesture with both hands*
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!