The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Third Table

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Ouisa wrote:It's always been kinda romantic to me the idea of a person spending his whole life watching over you, protecting you ...
This is also why I love The Time Traveler's Wife so much. Henry watches Claire grow up knowing she will become his wife. Claire knows and loves Henry all of her life. Sorry for the rhyming. I cannot wait for this movie. I'm so excited. I'm still bummed that Paul Bettany isn't portraying Henry on-screen as he has in my head for the past 4 years. *sigh* Oh well.

I remember a Shirley Temple movie where she & her older sister are adopted by this rich guy, and he later marries the sister. I thought it was romantic and creepy at the same time.

Of the stories mentioned in the four books (Alice's past, Esme's, the treaty...) which one would you like to read as a spin-off?

I would love to read about the Denali clan. I bet those women have some fabulous stories to tell.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
Ouisa wrote:It's always been kinda romantic to me the idea of a person spending his whole life watching over you, protecting you ...
This is also why I love The Time Traveler's Wife so much. Henry watches Claire grow up knowing she will become his wife. Claire knows and loves Henry all of her life. Sorry for the rhyming.
I love that book! Sorry, I'm not answering the question...my brain is kind of fried, haha.
Just wanted to mention how much I love that book. =D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

S'mores are the best! Love em! I have to try that recipe ouisa put up for the s'mores cupcakes. They look sooo good.
I had LOTS of fun making s'mores in Teak's magical yard.
I could show them the picture of how you like them cooked....or should I say burned to a crisp... :lol:

I loved reading the Denali clan's stories as written by Eowyn on Pel's site. They were so entertaining. I know they weren't by SM, and SM's version/vision might be different, but they sure were fun to read. I would love to read SM's version of the Denali clan, or more on the back story of Alice.

GNE, when does that TTW movie come out?
Jezzie
Settled in Forks

Post by Jezzie »

una wrote:
Of the four books in the Twilight Saga, what scene would you like to read from Edward's perspective? And of course tell us why!
I would love the scene from New Moon when Alice, Edward and Bella are with the Volturi. I like calling it the Volturi Trial - to be in Edward's head, listening to Alice's thoughts and predictions, Aro and the other Volturi's thoughts. What goes through his mind while he worries over Bella? I think it would be a compelling part of the story from his perspective.
I couldn't agree more. I want to know what he was thinking and how he was feeling. It had to be a flurry of things- he'd just tried to kill himself, he was rescued by/reunited with Bella, and then he has to face the Volturi. And you just know there are things he learns during that time with the Volturi that he wouldn't share with Bella (too scary). And I would even go one step further- I would love to know what his feelings were when they move the the waiting room and Bella loses it for a bit while they wait for it to get dark outside. I also want to know what he's thinking and feeling while he's staring at Bella on the flight home.

Sigh. I love Edward. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers for a finished Midnight Sun first!!
Support Midnight Sun!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Teak wrote:GNE, when does that TTW movie come out?
Christmas Day!

The Time Traveler's Wife Movie

Oh my gosh! Ron Livingston is cast as Gomez. Woo hoo!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Regarding fanfic, there is no way in hell you will ever find me trying to mimic Stephenie. I have my style and it is wonderful, thankyouverymuch. And, dammit, these are my stories (if not my characters) and I'll torture them however the hell I want! I mean, set the story down in writing!
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

I was wondering where everyone had disappeared to. I've just been so swamped this week that this is the first chance I've had to get over here to explore.

Of the stories mentioned in the four books (Alice's past, Esme's, the treaty...) which one would you like to read as a spin-off?

I would love to see Carlisle's time with the Volturi. I can just imagine Aro being at his wits end trying to entice Carlisle with the very nicest of delicacies only to have them turned away. Of course they would not have gone to waste, Felix was hovering pretty darn close.

As for stories that I'd like to see from Edward's POV:

I did a fan-fic of Edward and Alice planning to kidnap Bella and her subsequent escape because I wanted to know what happened but of course that was my take on the situation. I would love to know SM's spin on the whole thing.

I also have to agree with those who want to see Edward, Bella and Alice on trial before the Volturi.

Loved TTW. That one tugged at my heart strings.
All of the talk about Smores is making me hungry but it's much too late to be indulging. I may have to go out and get the ingredients tomorrow and fire up the BBQ to do the toasting.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Elizabeth wrote:Cantbreathe:
Have you seen the ghost peeps? I've seen pumpkins and ghosts for halloween. I came across the peeps at Walmart like Jenni did, but I also saw them at Walgreens.
You guys are too helpful! ;) I'll be keeping my eye out for them... they are one of my favorite Easter treats so it's nice to know I can now enjoy them other times of the year.
Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:This is also why I love The Time Traveler's Wife so much. Henry watches Claire grow up knowing she will become his wife. Claire knows and loves Henry all of her life. Sorry for the rhyming. I cannot wait for this movie. I'm so excited. I'm still bummed that Paul Bettany isn't portraying Henry on-screen as he has in my head for the past 4 years. *sigh* Oh well.
Ahh I've been wanting to read this book for soo long... after seeing all your comments about it I am reminded to pick it up soon!

I too would like to hear the Denali's stories, but I think their juicy stuff would not be too PG-13 as SM's style... or at least the version I would like to hear isn't :twisted:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I didn't scan back so you've probably already covered this, but roasted peeps are really good! They are, afterall, marshmallows. That sort of harder shell makes them caramelize when you roast them and they're awesome! I've also discoverd that Reese's PB Cups are remarkable in smores.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima - that sounds so decadent! Roasted marshmallow, Reese's peanut butter cup and graham cracker. I think I'm stopping by the store tonight!

Also, I think it would be fascinating to have the back story on the Amazon coven. I'm sure that is an interesting group down there.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!