The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Third Table

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Goodness, I'll never keep up with all these threads! But I'll sure give it a shot:

I don't seem to vary from you guys much. I would love to see his reaction to Bella as a vampire, yes. I would love to see his reaction to her arrival in Volterra. I would LOVE to hear his reactions to when he believes her dead.

But of course, I'd really kill to hear what was going through Edward's mind when he finds out Bella kissed Jacob. Edward's reaction to TGDS has got to be such an interesting thing. Can you imagine? He probably had some ridiculous thought like: It was for the best and that even though it crushed his icy unbeating heart, he knew that if it was what Bella wanted he would want it too. Right? And it would be hilarious to hear his thoughts of when he finds out Jacob kissed Bella that FIRST time, and she punched him. That would be the best...

I would also like to see what was going through his mind during the bake scene. I'm sorry, but Bella's POV sorta left me wanting. I wonder if Edward would stop being a gentlemen long enough to kiss and tell just tiny bit. ;) And I don't mean just the details (hee hee) but the emotions involved. I would love to hear what he was thinking... not just see what happened from his side of the tango.

And besides that, like most of you, I would really just be over-the-moon if SM would write the whole dang series from his POV. I can't get enough Edward.
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Good morning to everyone!! And thanks to Ouisa for this new thread.

Regarding the first question, I must confess I would like to read almost everything in the series from Edward's perspective but...if I had to choose among the most significant scenes I'd pick the following ones:

1) New Moon: the "farewell" scene in the beginning. I'd like to know the emotions and struggle he went through when leaving her. It would be also nice to know more about his months away from Bella. I already figure him brooding in some shadowy forest...

2) Eclipse: all the scenes related to the episode in the tent, from Edward's conversation with Jacob to the moments just preceding the fight. Edward is always described as extremelly controlled and far to eager to please Bella but I guess in his mind he must struggle and fight all the time. Thinking about Edward's jealousy for Mike Newton in Twilight, I presume the Jacob's issue has been more painful to him than what is seen from Bella's perspective.

3) Breaking Dawn: I would like very much to read about the pregnancy and Renesmee's birth. I think the relationship between Edward and his daughter has been somewhat neglected. I would love to read what passed through his mind when he froze on the floor on Esma Island and, above all, when he understood he could hear the baby's thought...it would be amazing to read how Edward came to love someone besides Bella. I'm curious if he really came to love Renesmee more than he loved Bella...crudely speaking, I'd like to read about vampire fatherhood from a vampire POV :lol:

4) Some extras...well, I must confess I'd like to read all the romantic scenes from Edward's perspective because sometimes Bella's mind works one-way only: stopping breathing, fainting, feeling dizzy :lol: I want all the vampire spicy details (if there are any) :oops:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Of the four books in the Twilight Saga, what scene would you like to read from Edward's perspective? And of course tell us why!

I would also LOVE to read the whole series from Edward's perspective. But like Stephenie said, once you get to know him, you can imagine what he's thinking through the series. However, I do like to have things spelled out for me, so it would be cool if she wrote out a lot of individual scenes in Edward's perspective. Like
- the meadow, obviously, since that's where the whole story started.
- sucking the venom out of Bella's hand in the ballet studio.
- Volterra, from the time he "sees" Bella to after they get home and Bella finally wakes up, even to the "vote" conversation.
- Fire and Ice - the tent scene, so we can know what the whole conversation entailed.

and many more that have already been mentioned like the sexy shoe, the bed scene in Eclipse, the honeymoon (for the emotions, like LC said) and the pregnancy (how desperate was he really, to bring that proposition to Jake), Renesmee for the first time, and of course, what he thought about hearing Bella's mind at the very end. (How's that for a run-on sentence!)

I would not hesitate to buy 2 matching copies of anything from Edward's perspective, but it would be a ton of work to re-write something that way. And tedious, if the story's already been told, and there are more waiting to be told. I do hope, though, to get MS someday.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Wow, awesome new thread, thanks Ouisa!

Great question to get things rolling.

Of the four books in the Twilight Saga, what scene would you like to read from Edward's perspective? And of course tell us why!
I would love the scene from New Moon when Alice, Edward and Bella are with the Volturi. I like calling it the Volturi Trial - to be in Edward's head, listening to Alice's thoughts and predictions, Aro and the other Volturi's thoughts. What goes through his mind while he worries over Bella? I think it would be a compelling part of the story from his perspective.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

This is great fun! Thanks for the thread!

Just thinking about the possibilities has my head spinning! So many scenes I would want to see from Edward's perspective!! I would want to see the romantic, funny, and even the agonizing ones. I don't know if I could handle reading the NM part when Edward was leaving Bella. That may be the only scene I would not want to see from his perspective.
I guess I would say the Fire and Ice would be towards the top of my list. I really wanted to know how "ok" Edward really was with it all. Was he suffering more than we knew of from much lack of self confidence, was he still "sure" Bella would end up with him, or was he merely hopeful. What was he calculating in his mind; did he mind missing the battle, etc, etc.
In Twilight, besides the meadow scene of course, even though we could probably guess, I would like to see what was going through his mind as he got off the plane in Arizona and realized Bella was not there. I love that moment that ouisa described also; with the shoe...yes, it would be lovely to see that through Edward's perspective.
I would love to read the scene the night they were back from Volterra in Bella's room, and then continuing on to the vote. We would get to see everyone else's thoughts there; fascinating!
I would also like to see his perspective as watching Bella walk down the aisle in BD.
It would be amazing to have all the books from his perspective. As mentioned, we could see so many other characters' perspectives as well. Just the glimpse we got of Midnight Sun was such a treat for this reason. Ahhh.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

It seems like we all sorta want the same scenes!
Okay let's broaden it out a bit here....

What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read.

I think I would really like to read Aro during Volterra. I have always been curious what he saw in Alice's head that let human Bella walk out of the throne room that day. How did Alice convince him? It always seemed like it had to be more than just the dual vision she sees in MS.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Ouisa wrote:What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read.
Oh! I'd love to read anything from Garrett's point of view! That's a bit vague isn't it? I just found him to be fascinating, I'd love to learn more about him. He was the only vampire without powers that was present when all the other vampires were practicing their skills in Breaking Dawn. It would be interesting to know what he saw and his thoughts. I'd also like to know what was going through his mind when Kate demonstrated her powers on him. And of course, why he waited to tell Kate how he really felt about her.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Hello. I'm new to these threads. As Ouisa said, "This thread is for people that want to discuss mature topics in a mature way regardless of what year they were born," so don't ban me from your thread because I'm only 17. :)

What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read.

Ooh, that's a tough one.
I'm not going to be greedy, and pick just one. :) I think I would like to hear the hotel scenes before the fight with James from Alice's perspective. Imagine how vivid and terrifying her visions must have been during that time. And her vision of Bella dying (or, at least, that's what Bella thinks Alice is seeing). I would really like to get in that little head of hers and see one of her visions firsthand.

Okay, I'm going to be a little greedy and pick one more! :D
I would like to see, also from Alice's point of view, everything after she left: the frightening vision, leaving the note for Bella, trying to find something she couldn't see, searching for friends to witness, and all of that. That would be interesting to read, don't you think?

Well, I'm completely going back on my word, but this is my final response. I think it would be splendid if we could hear just that little conversation between the newly Mrs. Cullen and Max from Max's perspective. Who know what was going on in his head when he saw her that day.
Elizabeth wrote:I'd love to learn more about him. He was the only vampire without powers that was present when all the other vampires were practicing their skills in Breaking Dawn.
That would be interesting. I always wondered why he was the only other that stuck around during the practices; maybe it was just to be around Kate. ;)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Well, it's difficult to answer this time! There are so many characters I like in the Twilight saga...
One of my favourite is Alice but I don't think it would be very interesting to read things from her point of view. Since she sees the future it would be kinda boring...you know, you can't make assumptions on something you know, you know the future and that's all. Anyway, that's my opinion...

I'd like to read all the episodes in which Jasper is involved from his POV. The fact he can read other people's emotions is so fascinating. I'd like to know how the other Cullens feels about Bella and Edward's relationship and about everything they go through. Besides, I'm curious to know what Jasper thinks, especially about his apparent lack of control and difficulty in abiding by the diet rules of the Cullens. Stephenie suggested in BD that Jasper was naturally attracted to Bella because of the aura of happiness around her...it would be nice to read about the change in their relationship after the transformation.

I have another question to throw but I don't know how it works...can anyone on the thread post new questions?
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

I think this is probably the most boring answer ever, but I have to say, Edward, Edward and Edward. His desire for Bella, in all ways, and his intense love, oh yes, and his first physical stirrings for her. Yup. I can't help it. The meadow. The first kiss. The benefits of the bed scene when she is begging him - OH! that's it, I just realized. that IS the scene, the character, that I want to read. GAH. To hear that. Doesn't everyone want someone to WANT them the way Edward does Bella? As unrealistic as it is, it takes my breath away when I read it. Love it.

Ok, aside from that, Carlisle at the table when Bella wants the family vote at the end of New Moon, Edward leaves the room and rips apart the new TV. (oh wait, maybe I still want Edward's perspective here, he can tell us what Carlisle is thinking, everyone at the table AND his own thoughts on that.)

I also really loved the Volturi answer from earlier, Alice and Edward. So much was going on that Bella had no idea what they were thinking/feeling/seeing. Or how about Jane during that part?

Ok, I'm going a little crazy. I'm done.