The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Third Table

Post by Kymberli »

Hi everybody, I found my way over here!! The only books that have ever changed my life is the Twilight Saga.
I have never in my life been so wrapped up in books, before now. I can't go a day without reading some part of these books. It helped me find love again. What I mean is that it helped me love more. I was going through some "numb" feelings and the books helped me find the feelings that I lost.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Last night, all night I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Stephenie recommended it on her website a few weeks ago. Well it didn't change my life, but it rocked my world! Has anyone else picked it up?

Sparkling Diamond, it's a survival story for sure!

The book was compelling and extremely well written. I'm not sure it's for everyone though. (I know Somethingblue would hate it.) Those of you who teach, I can see boys loving the story.

Oh and have y'all seen the new trailer. I love the music. I love the kissing and I LOVE the apple. (See banner, avie etc.)
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ouisa wrote:Last night, all night I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Stephenie recommended it on her website a few weeks ago. Well it didn't change my life, but it rocked my world! Has anyone else picked it up?
I've put it on my Shelfari "I plan to read" page based on the same recommendation, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe it'll move up the list thanks to your recommendation!

So what did you think of Taylor's pics?? Kellen's here amazing.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
SparklingDiamond
Wandering Through Town

Post by SparklingDiamond »

Last night, all night I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Stephenie recommended it on her website a few weeks ago. Well it didn't change my life, but it rocked my world! Has anyone else picked it up?

Sparkling Diamond, it's a survival story for sure!
I'll definitely have to check that out Ouisa. Thanks for the recommendation. :) RIght now I'm in the middle of the Sookie Stackhouse series. I've still got 5 more books to go, so I think I'll finish that before I start something new. I'm finding that series to be quite entertaining.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

SD!

So many of us around here LOVE Miss Sookie and her sassy attitude. Of course that love is only topped by our love for Eric and his......assets! By the way I think number 4 is the favorite of most people. It certainly is mine!!
SparklingDiamond
Wandering Through Town

Post by SparklingDiamond »

So many of us around here LOVE Miss Sookie and her sassy attitude. Of course that love is only topped by our love for Eric and his......assets! By the way I think number 4 is the favorite of most people. It certainly is mine!!
I love Eric!!He certainly has his... charms, doesn't he?? I have heard about book 4, but the torturous part is the book store in my area had to order it because it was out of stock... ugh... so now I'm just waiting. It's agony!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Stop teasing me, you guys! I can't find the books anywhere, and I desperately want to read them. I've been watching the show (True Blood), and I'm beginning to really like it. I have book 5 (I found it in a flea market 2 years ago), and I started reading it because I couldn't stand the pressure. I had to FORCE myself to put it down.

Oh well. I have the Dark Hunter series to keep me busy for now.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Goodnight Elizabeth I have the same problem...I was told at my local bookshop that I have to order them from the States and wait one or two months to get them!!! gaaaaahhhhhh :?

I've just started reading Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. I was told is a wonderful book...a sort of Harry Potter for grown-ups and set in Victorian England. I'll tell you more when I'm done reading: it's such a huge book and I have so little time 8-)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Oh well. I have the Dark Hunter series to keep me busy for now.
I've had the second book on hold at the library for what feels like forever. I'm beginning to think it's one of those "lost" books that never gets taken out of the catalog.

I'm having trouble making myself start Brisingr. There's been so much time between the books I don't think I remember enough of the second one or the characters to finish the series without going back and rereading the first two. I liked Eragon, but don't remember liking the second one very much.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Other than Twilight, I can't think of any book that has made any noticeable impact on me. There are so many good books, and I can't even start to remember half the ones I've read. I'm glad now that I've found Shelfari and have a way to log what I've read. I've never kept track before.

Nima - I'm having the same problem with Brisingr. And since I have a stack of books to read, I keep putting that one off.

Dimber - I read Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, and I don't know why it was ever recommended. That was the most boring book I've ever read. I have to say I have NEVER stopped reading a book and not finished, but with that one, I wish I had. It was NOT worth the time I spent reading.

I also put The Hunger Games on my "to-read" list, and after hearing a few more people recommending it, it's moving up my list, too. I guess I should try to get a copy so I can read it when I'm done with Angels & Demons (Dan Brown). It's surprisingly quick to read for being such a huge book. I am flying through it (in my nonexistent spare time).
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather