The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: The Third Table

Postby Ouisa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:09 am

Before BD came out, I always hoped to read Quil/Claire's story. It's strange, in many ways the whole idea of imprinting on a two year old squicked me out completely but at the same time, if done well it had the potential for an amazing story. I've always liked the writings of LM Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables) and in her short stories she has some where the child lost her parents and was raised by an "uncle" (unrelated) and then when she is older she falls for him. It's always been kinda romantic to me the idea of a person spending his whole life watching over you, protecting you (I know December is shocked by me saying this). So that's the story I would like to read. In fact I have written parts of it in my head....

However I have to say that when I did read their interaction on the beach in BD I found it far less appealing than I had imagined so perhaps, now when faced with it in reality I would be less interested in their story. By the same token, I have zero desire to read a Jake/Nessie story even though it has very similar concepts.
Image
User avatar
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: Visiting Isle Esmandy

Re: The Third Table

Postby -EB- » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:14 am

I want to read the Romanian's story. They were hilarious to me and they must have lived interesting lives. Not to mention there would be some serious wars with the Volturi involved in such a spin off. It is actually pretty amazing that they are still alive after having the Volturi destroy their kingdom. When does the Volturi leave anyone alive that was even guilty by association?
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
User avatar
-EB-
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Third Table

Postby una » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 am

Of the stories mentioned in the four books (Alice's past, Esme's, the treaty...) which one would you like to read as a spin-off?

There are several I would love to read. Besides the above mentioned, I would be interested in the Denali Clan. Can you imagine the trouble/fun those women get into? Especially when they meet the Cullen Clan and subsequently when Laurent joins them. Another story would be Marcus, I've always been fascinate with him. I really enjoy Alycone's story on Aro because the relationship of the three I find very interesting.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Image
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
User avatar
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: The Third Table

Postby jenni_elyse » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Of the stories mentioned in the four books (Alice's past, Esme's, the treaty...) which one would you like to read as a spin-off?

Una stole my thunder. But then again, great minds do think alike. ;) I think the story of Marcus, Didyme, and Aro would be a great story to read. I would love to read Aro's thoughts as well, so a story from his point-of-view would be great.

I'd like know more about some of the covens introduced in Breaking Dawn, especially the Amazon and Irish covens. I think they'd be very interesting to find out about. It would also be great to get Garrett's history as well since we know so little about him, but he's such a great character!

December wrote:Total sense. What Fan fic falls short in recreating isn't just what Edward and Bella would do, but also how Stephenie would tell their story. Capturing not only Edward and Bella's voices but also Stephenie's. Though to be fair, not all fanfic is even trying to mimic her narrative (and there's no reason it ought to...).


Oh, I agree completely. Fanfics are great stories in their own right. Fanfic authors like Alcy, Alphie, and SillyBella are great at telling stories! (I haven't read any others yet.) I'm glad they don't try to mimic Stephenie and that they tell their own story. I just think that as far as the "original" characters are concerned, Stephenie is the only one who can do them justice because they're her characters.
Image
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
User avatar
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: In the State of Ignorant Bliss

Re: The Third Table

Postby Ouisa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Stephenie has a unique voice that is for sure. That's how I knew MS was legit when it came my way. No one writes that way. You just can't fake it.
Image
User avatar
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: Visiting Isle Esmandy

Re: The Third Table

Postby -BR- » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Blue, you can have all the s'mores, they're pretty high up on the list of foods you could torture me with. That said, I had LOTS of fun making s'mores in Teak's magical yard. :D

How have my kids been affected? Uhm, I let them run amok more. They got to go on an extra vacation this summer to meet Teak. They think every copy of SM's books that they see is mommy's.

Spinoff I'd like to read...I don't really know right now. I'm on reader girl mode OFF at the moment. I'll have to think about it.
-BR-
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 am

Re: The Third Table

Postby CantBreathe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Of the stories mentioned in the four books (Alice's past, Esme's, the treaty...) which one would you like to read as a spin-off?

I'll be greedy and say that I would like to know more about everyone's stories, but particularly I would like to hear more about Esme and about Alice and Jasper's time together up until they joined the Cullens.... maybe some more about Carlisle's many years and Edward's time away from Carlisle and all the other interesting vampire covens... so hard to choose!

BlueStarlight wrote:Well, Alice is my favorite character; is it ever explained why the date on her tombstone and date of committment to the asylum are the same?


I always thought this showed how Alice's family wrote her off as dead and obviously didn't want anything else to do with her. They basically had her committed with no intent of keeping her in their lives, so they went on living as if she was dead. I think this fits with the way "talents" such as Alice's were looked upon at the time, but just my opinion as I don't think SM ever answered this herself. :)

Now I'm wondering where one can get Peeps this time of year... any ideas?
Image
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
User avatar
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: La La Land

Re: The Third Table

Postby jenni_elyse » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

-BR- wrote:Blue, you can have all the s'mores, they're pretty high up on the list of foods you could torture me with.


BR, I whole-heartedly agree with you! However, someone just told me to try using Reese's peanut butter cups instead of straight chocolate. So, now I need to try that and the Peeps idea. Maybe, I'll like those instead.

CantBreathe wrote:Now I'm wondering where one can get Peeps this time of year... any ideas?


I saw them at Wal-Mart yesterday. They're pumpkin-shaped as opposed to chick-shaped right now, but I'm sure they taste the same.
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
User avatar
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: In the State of Ignorant Bliss

Re: The Third Table

Postby CantBreathe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

jenni_elyse wrote:However, someone just told me to try using Reese's peanut butter cups instead of straight chocolate. So, now I need to try that and the Peeps idea. Maybe, I'll like those instead.


Woops, there goes my diet! :twisted:

jenni_elyse wrote:I saw them at Wal-Mart yesterday. They're pumpkin-shaped as opposed to chick-shaped right now, but I'm sure they taste the same.


I don't think I've heard of those, but I'll have to find them now... thanks!
Image
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
User avatar
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: La La Land

Re: The Third Table

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Cantbreathe:
Have you seen the ghost peeps? I've seen pumpkins and ghosts for halloween. I came across the peeps at Walmart like Jenni did, but I also saw them at Walgreens.

I'd like to read about the Denali coven- how they became vegetarians and how they met Carlisle.
Image
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
User avatar
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am
Location: Shopping with Alice ~ Wilmington, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Flight to Phoenix

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest