Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry
Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena
i went to dollywood in tenessee and i cant remember the name of it, but there was roller coaster that was just absolutely ridiculous. you were like upside down half the time and there were so many turns and twists, and you were going so fast it felt like my face was going to come off! lol it was fun though, i LOVE roller coasters
Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
- Jump Starting Bella's Truck
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 pm
- Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair
Oh man, I love amusement parks! I used to hate roller coasters, because I have a huge phobia of heights, but as long as my feet are not dangling in the air, I think I'm good.
So over Thanksgiving I went to Disneyland & Universal Studios, and they have awesometastic rides.
Basically, I rode:
- Indiana Jones & the Hidden TempleOkay, I don't really remember all the names, and I'm pretty sure no one really knows what I'm talking about, but I think out of all of them, my favorite ride would have to be Space Mountain. Although there were no large drops, I love how it goes so fast and the 'space' background, of course. Hehehehe.
- The Mummy Returns
- Hollywood Tower of Terror (talk about floating for 5 seconds straight! Serious air time, hehe.)
- Jurassic Park the Ride
- Pirates of the Carribean
- The Haunted Mansion (The Nightmare before Christmas version)
But anyways, though I should share. =D
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
- Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
- Posts: 730
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 am
- Location: Skydiving, suckaaa.
My two favorites are Cedar Pointe and Disney World...I work at an amusement park during the summer when I'm home from college as a lifeguard (well I'm higher up now) but people are crazy and not so smart...I've had some of the best times of my life there and some of the worst part...it is a Cedar Fair park so I get into Cedar Pointe for free which is a big perk and its not too far so I definitely get down there quite a bit (when I get some days off)...I also like King's Island for a change sometimes
- Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:40 pm
- Location: Michigan
I think this is going to end up being a long list.
Kings Island in Cincinati OH
Vortex and The Beast are the only two that stand out I haven't been in ages.
Indiana Jones ride
Pirates of the Caribbean
Those are the three that I love the most.
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Water World - Not really a ride but a fun attraction to watch especially when they start firing off the water cannons
The Backlots Tour- Again not a ride but a tour, however you do have some action when Kong tries to get you and you end up in a flood and earth quake. Also get to see the house from Psycho, and many other interesting things.
- Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:46 pm
- Location: Kentucky
I live in Sunny Fl.
My fav park to go to is Busch Gardens. The lines are fast and the rides are fast. Can't get much better. The first roller coaster that I ever went on was the Montu and it is still my fav. The Hulk at Islands of Adventure is a close number two. I loved Alien Encounter at Disney but I have not been on it since they changed it to Stich
- Jump Starting Bella's Truck
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:03 pm
Hershey Park is my favorite, and I've been there the most. My favorite rollar coaster(I haven't much of a rollar coaster person since I was eight and went in the front row on Apollo's Chariot in Europe Busch Gardens). I like Tilt-A-Whirls or anything at carnivals at Ocean City, NJ.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
- Hanging Up on Jessica
- Posts: 607
- Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am
- Location: Wait, I live somewhere! That news to me
Hollywood Tower of Terror in Disneyworld
The Superman in Six Flags Fiesta Texas
The roller coaster at New York, New York in Vegas.
and Circus, Circus also in Vegas....yep those are my favorites.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
- Working in the Garage with Jacob
- Posts: 4742
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 pm
- Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library
I'd have to agree with those who have already mentioned these and go with El Toro and Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey. Fahrenheit at Hershey Park is pretty cool and Spiderman at Universal Orlando as well.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
- Buying a Better Raincoat
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:56 pm
The only time I ever ride rides is at the County Fair, lol. I live in Ohio and I've never been to Cedar Point, never been to Disney World/Land, Six Flags... nothing. I'm too poor for that. I doubt I would enjoy it anyway. I'm too scared to talk on the Ferris wheel. There's no way I'd ever get on a roller coaster or anything like it.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
- Fishing with Charlie
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:46 am
- Location: - Nowhere -
Return to Flight to Phoenix
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests