The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby essence of black » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:51 am

eh im you classic teenage guy
and as such i play
guitar, lead and rhythm (badly)
bass guitar to a good level
drums to an ok level
if i could sing id be a one man band XP
essence of black
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby xXBeSafeXx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:20 pm

I play some piano, I haven't taken lessons in forever, though, so I've forgotten a lot. I'm learning guitar, and I own a flute, but I can't play any more than 3 notes on it.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
User avatar
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: school. always school.

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby talirhee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 am

Well, I have no life. So I spend a fair bit of time playing instruments. =P

Guitar (lead, rhythm, acoustic and electric)
Bass.
Drums.
Keyboard.

I'll give anything a go. =)

But I cannot, cannot sing. At all.
Sucks, because I get pretty obsessive with lyrics. =P
User avatar
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 am

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby Constantine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:54 am

I've only played one instrument which is the
Piano, its more like a hobby. A very long one
at that, about 10 years now :)
I've just about got the hang of Bella's Lullaby
of by heart.
Image
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
User avatar
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:27 am

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby edwardlikeshaystacks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:12 am

^ that makes the both of us, Constantine. ;)

I'm very proud to admit that Edward and I share a common instrument. Piano!
Image
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
User avatar
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear
 
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm
Location: The city that never sleeps.

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby Constantine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 am

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:^ that makes the both of us, Constantine. ;)

I'm very proud to admit that Edward and I share a common instrument. Piano!


hehe i just found this on youtube yesterday
Flightless Bird American Mouth
its a piano conversion, once i got Bella's Lullaby mastered. I'm gonna learn this one ;)
Image
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
User avatar
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:27 am

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby edwardlikeshaystacks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 am

Oh I remember that one. Is it the song that played during the prom?

:O I'm working on, "River Flows In You". The supposed bella's lullaby. Haha
Image
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
User avatar
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear
 
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm
Location: The city that never sleeps.

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby Constantine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 am

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Oh I remember that one. Is it the song that played during the prom?

:O I'm working on, "River Flows In You". The supposed bella's lullaby. Haha


Thats the one :)

River Flows In You is good but Bella's Lullaby has something more.
Theres a story behind it.

I was reading on Carter Burwell's site about how he came up with Bella's Lullaby.
Carter Burwell wrote the piece long ago, for this girl he had dated but she left him, he was heartbroken..
the music he wrote was to try and express the thrill and pain of having his heart pierced. She
wouldn't speak to him and so he sent her the music to speak in his place.
More or less along that line.
He found that the music he wrote to his lover, really suited as a love theme for Edward and Bella.

Click here if you want to read the story

"I should mention that Christine, the woman for whom I first wrote the melody years ago, is now my amazing and challenging wife. In my heart the tune will always be ours, but now it’s yours (and Bella and Edward's) as well." ~ Carter Burwell

I guess thats why some ppl really connect to it, like me. :)
because its real emotions.
Image
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
User avatar
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:27 am

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby edwardlikeshaystacks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Constantine wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Oh I remember that one. Is it the song that played during the prom?

:O I'm working on, "River Flows In You". The supposed bella's lullaby. Haha


Thats the one :)

River Flows In You is good but Bella's Lullaby has something more.
Theres a story behind it.

I was reading on Carter Burwell's site about how he came up with Bella's Lullaby.
Carter Burwell wrote the piece long ago, for this girl he had dated but she left him, he was heartbroken..
the music he wrote was to try and express the thrill and pain of having his heart pierced. She
wouldn't speak to him and so he sent her the music to speak in his place.
More or less along that line.
He found that the music he wrote to his lover, really suited as a love theme for Edward and Bella.

Click here if you want to read the story

"I should mention that Christine, the woman for whom I first wrote the melody years ago, is now my amazing and challenging wife. In my heart the tune will always be ours, but now it’s yours (and Bella and Edward's) as well." ~ Carter Burwell

I guess thats why some ppl really connect to it, like me. :)
because its real emotions.

Wow! That's inspiration. Usually love is the best inspiration out there for music. :) at first I was a little skeptical about the lullaby they used in the movie but I can't denying the piano parts. Was Rob really playing it in the movie or was it just added after the movie was finished?
Image
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
User avatar
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear
 
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm
Location: The city that never sleeps.

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Postby Constantine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 pm

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Wow! That's inspiration. Usually love is the best inspiration out there for music. :) at first I was a little skeptical about the lullaby they used in the movie but I can't denying the piano parts. Was Rob really playing it in the movie or was it just added after the movie was finished?


Yeah Rob actually played it during the shoot, theres a behind the scenes with him playing it.
The keys his pressing are in synch to the music, though they had to put the Lullaby over his
performance to enhance the sound, they do this so that there is no on set noises.
Image
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
User avatar
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to Flight to Phoenix

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests