BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday Debussygirl!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Thank you, Sam and bac, :)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote: Coming from out-of-state and being a member, it's smartest to go to BYU (to go to a school in Utah), since otherwise I'd have to pay out-of-state tuition, but at BYU I get the member tuition. And it's so awesome I was looking at stuff last night and I don't have to take any more "quantitative reasoning" (aka math) at BYU since my ACT score was high enough, which is awesome!!! I hate math, I'm majoring in English, so yeah that's a huuuuge deal for me. :)
Ya, that definitely makes sense, out of state tuition is crazy!

My mom just hates how some people think that if you're a member you have to be a fan of BYU or go to school there. It really is up to each person & sometimes what you want to major in can also affect the decision. I actually wanted to go to BYU-Idaho, but couldn't afford to :( . So I stayed here (I live in the same community as USU) got the cheap in state tuition & stayed at home so I didn't have those expenses either.

No more math classes? That's awesome! I'm not really a math person either. I only had to take two (and they're more advanced) A business calculas & business statistics (which I surprisingly enjoyed & did well in :D ) I'm so grateful I got to take the umm I can't think of the word, the classes that are the first you take (wow my mind really is not workin right now) while I was in high school. (Since the university is in the same community all the local high schools offered concurrent enrollment to take some of those math classes & some english classes while in hs. Which I'm so grateful for because I've heard horror stories about how hard they are on campus & how not many people pass or get above a C & how it's hard to understand the professors because they're from other countries & have accents. No offense to them that's jus waht I heard. ) Anyway YAY!!! for you Jenna no math is nice!

Was your birthday on Monday Jenna? Happy belated b-day! That's a good day to have it one of my really good friends b-day is also the 22nd. I hope you had an awesome day!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

LOL it was funny my friend got me a gift certificate to Starbucks for my b-day.
I've only been good friends with her for less than a year, so she hasn't gotten all of the "I don't do that" stuff yet. But they have cocoa and pastries there too, so it should be yummy.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

And creme frappachinos! They're the best part of Starbucks. They don't have coffee in them, so they're nice during the summer. I wouldn't suggest drinking them in the winter. Bad idea.

Happy belated birthday, Jenna!

38 days... 38 days...
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I love creme frappachinos! They are almost heaven! I also like to get steamers. Some Starbucks make them, others don't. But they don't have any coffee in them at all. It's like hot milk with sugar and hazlenut or almond flavoring. :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^ steamers are good. I had a gingerbread once once it was soo yummy!

I was a little suprised whe they opened a Starbucks in my community because it is very heavily LDS, but we are getting more & more people who are not & there's apparently enough to support it because it's been open at least 2 maybe 3 years now. And pastries are usually good I just hate paying the amount they want for them!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I have to agree on the creme frappachinos. I like the strawberry one. I can't imagine how many calories are in that thing, but it is a nice rare treat. And yes, all of it is over priced, but hey, it's Starbucks!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I've only ever had hot chocolate from there.
I guess I just always assumed everything was coffee.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Eww, their hot chocolate's gross. I can never find enough creamer to put in it! (I loooooooove creamer.) Actually, the hot chocolate I really like is at 7-11 or truck stops. They're super-tastic chocolatey, its amazing.
Does anyone have a good recipe to make hot chocolate with milk and coccoa? I've always wanted to try it...