BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Post by debussygirl »

The don't date until 16 isn't really like something that would keep you from your salvation, it's more of a suggestion. The main problem with getting serious with someone young is there's more of a chance that the individual will have sex earlier in life, before marriage. I saw a study on that and while obvious waiting until you're 16 to date or dating before as an early teen isn't going to guarantee that is the way it'll be, but it definitely helps to just wait. And we believe in being chaste, so obviously this is very important to us (I'm sure you knew from Eclipse and BD haha).
My parents never really talked to me about it. I decided to listen to the advice of our leadership. Of course, if I had decided to date before I was 16, I don't know what my parents would've said. :?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hmmm... I wonder what my mom would have said if I wanted to date someone before I was 16? I didn't & only went to dances after I turned 16. And even then they were group dates. I too just followed what the leaders have said about it. I should ask her (of course hine sight (?sp) is different. oh well) But it would be interesting to know
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I think my dad would freak out more than my mom. Considering he doesn't want me to get married until I'm 62, he would probably have trouble if I started dating even now. :lol:
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

ha ha. I know what you mean. Probably my mom too. She always told me that I had to wait to get married until I graduated from college. Well I did that (still job hunting though it really stinks.) It was funny the day I graduated she's like well I guess you can get married now. I was like oh, umm no propects not going to happen anytime soon.

A while back I was watching The Little Mermaid and in there King Triton said something about trying to be a good merman & when I first heard it I thought he said being a good Mormon. I was like wait? I don't think he would have said that & so I had to go back a little & hear what he said. It made me laugh.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Haha you know the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz? Well, there's this one part where for the longest time I would have sworn he said "Listen to the music of the Mormon people dance and sing" but I was still skeptical, so I looked up the lyrics and found it was the moment people. :lol:
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

ha ha that's great. I hate how we mishear things sometimes, I do that a lot & it's usually something bad :shock: and I hate that!

btw love your avvie Jenna. It's so true for me too!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Dating younger doesn't necessarily mean that one will be more liekly to become sexually active younger, there are people who have had sex without ever being in a real relationship, people like me who have had "boyfriends" since 2nd grade and are still virgins and people who don't start dating until college (like my friend) and become total sluts because they've been restricted their entire lives to the point where they don't know what to do with all that newfound freedom. That and just saying "don't have sex" or even deciding that it's not something you are going to do doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means that if something were to happen it's more likely that the pair involved wont use protection and that leads to a whole nother set of problems.

I'm all about abstinence, I think kids are having sex WAY too young these days, but I also believe that the youth should be educated onw ays to avoid sexual situations or complications from ill-advised flirtations and sexual activity.

Sorry about the sermon, just got a little preachy.

Yeah I totally mishear things all the time.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I like hearing different points of view. With my daughter now being 12 (yesterday was her first day in YW), I like to know what other kids are saying, feeling, thinking, etc. It helps me know what is going on in the teen world.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I didn't mean that it was one way or the other. It's just more likely. But I too know people who started dating really young but are still virgins, and unfortunately, the other way around who get one boyfriend and poof! they don't seem to care anymore. But I would say that most of the...looser...girls at my school are about 90% of those girls who were chasing boys in elementary school and having boyfriends really early. But of the original elementary boy chasers, I'd say about 60-70% of them are the "loose" girls.
So not detrimental, but still.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

bac wrote:I like hearing different points of view. With my daughter now being 12 (yesterday was her first day in YW), I like to know what other kids are saying, feeling, thinking, etc. It helps me know what is going on in the teen world.
then yo should totally lurk on the teen thread
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.