BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Post by pennybug84 »

At least here they advertise it pretty well in the Institute building. So I would think if you're taking an Institute class that you would at least here about it. I've never heard it advertise in any of the wards I've gone to. (I've been in 2 "student" wards & one just singles branch.) So I don't know. Maybe things are done different at other Institute's. :?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

So I have the Border's NM special edition & I was watching where they were interviewing the cast members. When they interviewed the wolf pack they asked if they had read any books that had affected them like Twilight has done to the fans & the actor who plays Embry (I can't remember his name) said The Book of Mormon. I was kind of surprised :shock: that he would pick a religious book to answer the question & he was being serious. So apparently that guy is a member. I knew I had read an intervew w/one of the wolf pack guy a ways back but couldn't remember who & when asked how he got the chance he said that his mom went to church w/SM and told her about them doing the auditions. So it seems they listened to SM and he got the part. Anyways I thought it was interesting.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Wow! That is very interesting. I haven't gotten the DVD yet and I didn't know that. I am glad he is proud to say it like that.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Wow, I didn't know that about Embry! That's so cool! Random: Someone from church named their daughter Embree. I laughed and thought of Twilight.

So for anyone who went to the YW broadcast last night, when Sister Dalton was giving her talk and they showed the pictures, my stake was in there!! The picture of all of the girls releasing the balloon was an activity my stake did, and I was there so I was in the picture but of course there are so many of us, and whenever there's a camera around I tend to disappear behind things. :lol: But it was so cool because our stake YW president told us she had written to Sister Dalton and that they would use our activity as part of "training" and then we just went in to watch it and when our picture came up we all just gasped excitedly. It was really cool.
And that story that Sister Dibb (I think that's her name...the first speaker) told was about a girl in a stake next to ours. She went to Youth Conference with my stake and like two others and she told that story (the one about the "political issue" that was Prop 8 and how the teacher demeaned her view of it). But it was worse, she was ALONE, there was no one else with her.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

So Embry is dateable? YES! :D

I shall remember that and whisper that to all my little Mia Maids when we go see the re-broadcast on Wednesday (we're doing that for Mutual...) and I shall feel smart. XD
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^apparentally! :lol: and he is kind of cute. (but too young for me.)

Thats so cool Jenna! I didn't see the broadcast (but I'm not in YW so you know.) And I know what you mean about disappearing when there's a camera around I do the same thing!

Man in my Singles Ward there have been soooooo many engagements the last month! I think just in the last month alone there has been SIX!!!! I'm like everybody's getting engaged! Stop doing that!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Jenna, I went to the broadcast with my daughter that just turned 12. That is cool that that was your stake. And that story about the girl being singled out was difficult to hear. Things are getting more and more divided.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, when I heard her say it a few months ago I felt so bad for her. I mean, I got a hard time from other students, but I didn't like them anyway so I didn't care. But I can't imagine having a teacher do that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

If anyone needs something fun to read there's this. It's if Dr Seuss Wrote The Book of Mormon. It's fun.

I am wondering is anyone else out there a little nervous about the BD movie? When it comes to the love scenes anyway. Now days they can get away w/A LOT in PG-13 movies. I've seen a couple recently that I was SHOCKED :o with some of the stuff they've had in them & it's only PG-13. We know SM will only have so much control when it comes to this. And from interviews/quotes I've read online it sounds like they definitely will show more than what is in the book.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*hugs Mormon thread* I missed you!

That Dr. Seuss thing is hillarious!

And that's another reason why I won't be seeing BD in theaters.