BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Post by debussygirl »

Ha, my favorite Mormon joke is, "How many Mormons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
Answer: 10. One to screw it in and 9 to make refreshments.
For anyone not familiar with the LDS church, we have refreshments after like, practically every activity.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Hahaha!!! That is soo true. Of course it seems to be a bribe to get some of the boys to come considering they love their treats. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Especially the Deacons. Its ladies first, boys! Sheesh!
Some of us like treats too...
*laughs*
Only Mormons are allowed to make fun of Mormons, hahahahaha.
Has anyone read "Oh My Heck!"? Its a comic book, basically making fun of all of Utah. Its hillarious!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Especially the Deacons. Its ladies first, boys! Sheesh!
Some of us like treats too...
*laughs*
Only Mormons are allowed to make fun of Mormons, hahahahaha.
Has anyone read "Oh My Heck!"? Its a comic book, basically making fun of all of Utah. Its hillarious!
No, I haven't read that or even heard of it. Can you only get it in utah?
Yeah, deacons do seem to be the worst. A few weeks ago the young women made cookies, and there was one left and I was going to find the girl who hadn't gotten hers yet and the young men attacked me and took her cookie!!! I was so mad--one of them was my own brother!! :x
HipsAndHearts
Learning to Love Green

Post by HipsAndHearts »

nissanmama wrote:When people find out I'm LDS, the single comment I get most often is, "But you're so normal." I haven't decided yet if that's a compliment or a put-down. :?
I've had people say that to me too. My brother is Autistic and has ADHD and his aid said that. It was quite funny. She said that all the other members she knew were extremely uptight. It's completely true, though. I know tons of uptight members. It's weird.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

^ I've got that to. Especially when I converted in Washington. All the people that I knew thought my mom and I had joined a crypt or something. Especially one friend of mine who saw me a few weeks after and said "You don't look like a Mormon."
And I just gave her a funny look and asked, "Well how am I supposed to look?"
And she just shrugged and didn't know how to reply.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I've had some people look a little confused when I tell them I'm LDS, but then they nod their head, so I guess I'm not normal. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :?
Sethismine, that's really cool that you're a convert. I always admire people who came to accept the gospel when they had been raised differently, I don't know if I would have been able to do that. I was raised in the church, but my parents are converts. My dad got baptized while my parents were engaged, they got married, and after four years and two kids my mom got baptized, then a year later they were sealed and then I came.
But it's so funny, when my mom wasn't a member yet the sister missionaries came over because they heard of the new married couple that had moved in and one was not a member. So my dad leaves the room to get the sisters something to drink and one of the missionaries pats my mom on the knee and says, "Don't worry dear, we'll get him baptized." My mom was just like, "Um, he's already baptized." :lol: Poor sisters!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

HipsAndHearts wrote:I've had people say that to me too. My brother is Autistic and has ADHD and his aid said that. It was quite funny. She said that all the other members she knew were extremely uptight. It's completely true, though. I know tons of uptight members. It's weird.
Aww, you're like me. My little brother has Asperger's syndrome (a semi mild form of autism) and I have two cousins with it too.
Heh, I don't get that many weird looks. There are a lot of members at my school, so when people find out/remember, theyre like, "Oh cool, you're like so and so" Typical response.
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

Ooh, Anglicans do refreshments too! Though maybe not as compulsively as Mormons... But committees are definitely our thing. Our light bulb joke is not yet written as the committee is still being formed. XP
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I'd like your help on something. We had a girl visit us at girl's camp who was the cousin of someone and she taught us a song. But the family's moved to Utah (big shocker, right?) and we can't remember the song. I know the beginning. It's to the tune of I like Big Butts and goes like this:
I like R.M.'s and I cannot lie
You other sister's can't deny
When a guy walks in with a smile on his face
And a Book of Mormon in his case
You get happy
Cuz you know he's LDS

And then we forget what comes next. Anyone know this song?