BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: BYU is Stephenie a Mormon?

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

12-13 year old girls are Beehives. Its a class, how we group the Young Womens program. Miamaids (like me) are 14-15 and Laurels are 16-17/18ish.

I'm getting my new book tomorrow at Mutual. The only thing I'm really annoyed about is having to transfer over all of my scribbles- it'll be impossible to decipher what I wrote!

Rawr, 3 months till I can date. 3 months. And two days. (Yes, I have a countdown going, but this is exciting, neh?)
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: Rawr, 3 months till I can date. 3 months. And two days. (Yes, I have a countdown going, but this is exciting, neh?)
Good for you for waiting. I waited too. I always thought that when I turned 16 there would be boys lined up around the block who had been waiting to date me. I was wrong. Oh well. A girl can dream. I hope that the 3 months and 2 days pass quickly and that you can enjoy some fun dates.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Haha, see I was freaking when I turned 16 because I didn't like that my excuse was taken from me. I'm just not into dating. At least not anyone around here. :roll:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^Well, I agree with that, but there's plenty of other boys in the stake that need to be taken on group dates. I'm not all into boys (at least right now) but dating sounds totally fun. And Mormon Prom is the Saturday after my birthday :D
'Snot like my life revolves around boys, like some girls I can name...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I hope you have better luck with guys than I have. The last date I was on was Senior Prom, a long time ago! And my date is now married (that's weird to think about) I am 25 & never had a boyfriend & I hate to say it my vl's. But group dates are a lot of fun! Especially since you're still in High School that's a great way to do it. Girls that are boy crazy are crazy in other ways too. I have one friend who in High School was really boy crazy & she's been married twice already. I'm glad most of my friends were not like that, just the one.

I just realized that my niece is turning 12 on thursday the 4th! She'll be going into YW's !!! I don't feel old enough to have a niece that old! And I vaguely remember when she was born (I was in 7th grade I think.) It's soooo crazy that she is that old. And her sister will be 10 in March, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since her baptism. Man time goes by too fast sometimes.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Dating to me just always seemed like such an exclusive word. Group dates just seem like, I don't know, hanging out with friends, not serious at all. I'm not into the serious stuff just yet.
Haha my date for prom though is just going to be a friend, I'm not going to consider him my date date.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I have about 9 more till I can date... Sigh, they were going to have a dance on my birthday, but then the moved it six days earlier. Ah well, there isn't really anyone who I think that I would go with. Even when I can date, I don't think I'll go all crazy, I just can't stand all the drama that I see others going through. I think I would prefer going on a group date when dating, unless if it's a guy who I already know.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Wow...... You guys are making me feel really old, and I'm not even 20 yet (3 months 8 days).

I don't know if I would have followed the rule about no dating 'til you're 16 if it were enforced.......of course my grandmother believes the only guy I will ever go on a real date with is whoever she and my dad decide I should marry (too late for that, no way am I agreeing to an arranged marriage.)

The age classification sounds a lot like Girl Scout ranks, but do the name/titles have an actual meaning? Like Miamaid I've never heard before.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

For me, the rule of no dating until you're 16 isn't really enforced by my mother. It's just something that I have decided to follow on my own. I like that I live in Utah where there are many others who are Mormon, otherwise people would find me rather weird for not dating....

This is what I learned about the names and what they symbolize:

The Beehive symbol is the beehive, which is a reminder of harmony, cooperation, and work.

The Mia Maid symbol is the rose, which is a reminder of love, faith, and purity.

The Laurel symbol is the laurel wreath, which stands for honor and accomplishment.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I think the not dating until you're 16 is a good standard. Kids are dating waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to early now a days. A 13 year old does not need a boyfriend!

Jenna I would agree with you about group dates they're not really serious. Which I think is good for high school age kids. But "kids" my age should be doing more serious dating. There have been more than one talk or CES fireside given about how we shouldn't just be hanging out & the guys need to ask girls on dates. (I know for sure the last CES fireside that's all it pretty much was about. They're trying to get us married off!) One thing I noticed about the ward I'm in, there's really not that much dating going on. We all hang out at FHE, ward prayer, sunday sweets (after ward prayer someone provides food) and other non church activites that members have & invite the ward to. That's really the only downside to the ward I'm in. I love it, have made some new friends, met awesome people, and have an awesome bishopric.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson