Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Upon reading that letter, my first reaction was, "PREACH, SISTER!" It's so obvious that they don't have enough girls working at these companies. But hey, I don't have to fast because I'm busy riding the crimson wave.

Q: what's your favorite term for "period"? Aunt Flo, the monthly curse? So many ways to say the same thing (which is "Kill me now, please")
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I dont have a favorite term... Id rather just go "smh" everytime... I think I just usually call it "my period" or "the thing" or "you know what" hahaha. My friend and I just refer to it as "..." in texts or paper form or we call it "The Dot".. TOO MAY QUOTATIONS IN ONE MESSAGE.
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

In my procrastination, I came across this thread...

Oh gosh that woman that wrote that letter is AH-MAZING!!! She totally channelled the thoughts of every hormonal, suicidal, homicidal, mood-controlled, pain-inflicted girl and woman with their period (or 'my things' as me, mum and sis call it). This lady deserves a million dollars, seriously!

Anyway, I feel so sorry for those who got theirs at a young age. I was 14 and a half when I got mine. By year 9, most girls in my year had theirs. I don't know what's worse, having them when no else does or not having them when everyone does! I truly thought there was something wrong with me! But i soooo regret ever wanting them.

I get very bad cramps, so much so that pain meds often don't help. Often i'm layed up in bed with the hot water bottle for the first 24 hours or so. And i don't know about anybody else, but all I seem to do when I get them is sleep. I'm never hungry and even the junkiest of foods don't get me.. ugh! I feel gross just think about it!

It sucks for those who have theirs irregularly. Mine comes every 20-23 days.. yep every 3 weeks. One week I have my things, and then 1 great amazing week and then 1 week of grouchyness and moods! I'm a stressful and anxious person anyway, but in the few days before my things, I'm the queen of bi*tches! And then I get the things again :(

Does anyone have brothers here? It's sooo hard having this with bros. I think Older Bros would be alright. But mine are all younger then me, wayyyyyyy younger. So they're not ready for the 'talk' yet. :x

Gah! I hate these things! :cry:

....Oh and interestingly the song 'What it feels like for a girl' by the Glee Boys just came on my itunes! haha funny! These lyrics are so truuueeeeee!! Every Boy and Man on this planet needs to take note of these lyrics!!!!!
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

What term do I use for it? I usually just refer to it as "my time of the month". Its my time of the month when I don't have enough energy to do anything. Or see anyone. I usually go to school because I fall so far behind when I don't, but I'm a horrible grumpy, emotional mess. I've always considered myself a strong person. I know crying doesn't make you weak, but I don't like to cry so no matter what the problem is, physical or emotional, I generally don't. But the cramps that come with my time of the month, I can NOT handle. Last time I had them the meds took about an hour to kick in, and before I took them I was curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor puking with a cold sweat. And it was terrific because our water wasn't working that day and the plumber had just arrived to fix it :roll: ...I just sleep through most of it, my first day is always my worst, and slowly it gets better. Usually mine last 5-7 days, and they come pretty randomly. 25-35 days I would guess, they started when I was 10 and nobody else had them. I was the first in the school and I didn't tell anybody except my best friend because she had wanted us to make a pact after we saw "The movie" to tell each other right away. It sucked keeping it a secret and trying to be discreet about why I was running to the bathroom every couple hours. Years and years later everybody else started getting theirs too, it was easier when I wasn't alone because at least some understood, but the pain was still just as bad. I hate how much this can affect us women, when I was little I wanted to be a proffesional athlete or an actress, but I can't do anything like that if I can't even get out of bed for hours after it begins. If my time of the month comes at the olympics, then my chances of gold woul dbe gone. If it came during a day of filming, the whole movie would have to wait because of me. It kills me how many things it is keeping me from doing...and I have a younger brother to answer the question above. He doesn't get it at all. I'll just hope that this starts getting less painful with time. Good luck to all the ladies out there living with the crimson tide today! Stay strong even though that's probably the last thing you feel like doing!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

me and my little sister just got put on birth controll by our dad (who's never lived with any of his daughters) because he just can't handle her monthly mood swings anymore and he things tricking her body into thinking it's pregnant will help. so i'm going to join her in sisterly solidarity.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

That works incredibly well.
Trust me, I've been taking birth control for that reason for a few years now.
It slows it down & can stop it for being once a month at times even.
:lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:me and my little sister just got put on birth controll by our dad (who's never lived with any of his daughters) because he just can't handle her monthly mood swings anymore and he things tricking her body into thinking it's pregnant will help. so i'm going to join her in sisterly solidarity.
hahaha... briliant, your dad is a smart man...but it really doesn't work that way I think...
I've been taking the pil for 15 years almost and I still got the moodswings when my period is due, even if I go along with the stop-week or not...I'm always feeling insecure and fat the days before and I always grave chocolate and would kill for it at some point...my bf know exactly how to handle it and doesn't question it when I order him to get me some chocolate...

I got on the pil as a prevention...I started to go to clubs and hang out with friends... somebody who I knew quite well got pregnant after being raped, I decided that I probably could handle any guy but I would rather die than get raped and get pregnant so I took the pil and selfdefense classes...

ooh and a good name for the monthly torture.......here we call it "ik heb opoe op visite" roughly translated it mean I've got grany visiting......and my mom always say she is turning the water blue...because of the commercials where they use blue water....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

5:10am: Cramping. Alarm will ring (LOUDLY) in 3 hours and 30 minutes. I usually don't cramp too much. Maybe one day out of my whole cycle and usually during the day, but nooooooooo. Sigh. I suppose I should try and sleep. Just needed to vent. ;]
<3
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I never called it anything clever, although in middle school me and my friends had names for the products used so we could ask to borrow right in front of our guy friends, pads were called ducks and tampons were string cheese. Then I started highs chool and got some different friends and tampons were *thumbs up sign" with popping sound effects. and pads were *slides hand in as shape like the way a pad curves* while whispering "whooew". But after a few weeks of this we just started saying things like "my let's keep this PG shall we? is bleeding" or "i'm shedding my uterine lining please don't speak to me right now"
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Luckily, I don't get terrible cramps, because although other people in my class/grade have their monthly curse (I love that name.), it'd still be embarrassing, because the guys don't understand. at all.

Oooh, I love that letter. Every time I see that commercial, I snort and roll my eyes/grumble at the tv about how stupid people are.

Roo~ No, older brothers are worse, 'cause they understand, and get red every time they see some period stuff or mom or I get cranky and moody.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)