Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by srabrgr »

UGH, I hate "Aunt Flo" with a deep passion.
It's times like those when I think guys have it all.
Anyway, I am lucky enough to not get cramps or super mood swings (hopefully, I could just be too mood-swingy too tell lol) But I get bloated GAH...it BOMBS, especially during swim season, it ruins my flat tummy :cry:
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

really? I've never gotten bloated... Flo meets me always right on schedule, along with extra cravings, extra hormones...
every other two months or so, Flo gets pissed off at me and I get the cramps from hades.
my least favorite part is the cravings! its the weirdest thing! Last month? celery!! this month? vanilla yogurt with chocolate chips!
ColormeBSG
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Finally a place to discuss this stupid little "girly thing"
Mine FINALLY come the same time (give or take a day) every 3 bloody weeks! Why the hell do mine come every 3 and everyone else get them every 4??? It's so unfair! But thankfully they finally come on a routine and not just randomly like they did the first 2 years..well thats what they say happens so i guess it works out..
I occasionally get cramps but I don't get cravings..thank god cos they make me put on weight just before they come anyway.. must slow down my metabolism or something..maybe they do give me cravings and i dont realise and therefore i eat more..its really annoying!
i may suffer from PMS a bit (maybe thats an understatement) before they come and i really wish i didn't cos i feel really bad and everything just annoys me somethin' chronic! i hate them
why oh why don't boys have to get them :(
Oh and guys i've just started using tampons this year, and like others say, they are a lifesaver!!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

eliselovesedwardx wrote: Why the hell do mine come every 3 and everyone else get them every 4??? It's so unfair!

Yea i feel ur pain..mine comes every 5 weeks or so...it sux but they say that as long as you are getting your monthly visitor then your ok...lately i have been having some major mood swings...poor hubby doesnt know what to do lol
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I've got issues with mine. GOOD issues =]]]

I only get mine once every 4-5 months...idk why. lol I go it when I was 9 y/o and it was regular for a while..until I started being alot more athletic and riding alot more and running. I hope i'll be able to have kids eventually.. :shock:

But like, I still get the symptoms..cramps...headaches backache,,,all that jazz( haha JAAPER!!!) But it doens't get relieved, because nothinig happens. So it's basically one full week of pain and suffering. You guys got it easy. lol

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

darkrider, have you gone to an ob? Don't mess around with strange periods. Mine were REALLY REALLY bad. My mom told me I was acting like a baby because every woman hurts. As it turned out, she was wrong. I was diagnosed when I was 28 with endometriosis. I wasn't able to have children because mine was so severe. There were other health issues as well. The very best thing to do is to keep a journal of your monthly issues. Seriously.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:darkrider, have you gone to an ob? Don't mess around with strange periods. Mine were REALLY REALLY bad. My mom told me I was acting like a baby because every woman hurts. As it turned out, she was wrong. I was diagnosed when I was 28 with endometriosis. I wasn't able to have children because mine was so severe. There were other health issues as well. The very best thing to do is to keep a journal of your monthly issues. Seriously.

=[[ noo....*is scared* but now i'm going ASAP!
What I described, is that what you had?

The doctors that i've talked to about it and have looked, said that it's just because I'm really athletic. could be more serious now that you mention that though. :cry:

-Dark
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I'm not a doctor or any kind of health professional. The fact that you started your period at age 9 concerns me. I guess with changing hormones I can see why your period is inconsistent. It's probably because you are athletic and because you are 16. However, to be safe, you should seek a second opinion. What you describe sounds like you are ovulating but not having a period. There are lots of websites out there that may answer your concerns without you having to seek a doctor.

I know this is personal stuff, but if anything I can share helps ANYONE from going through what I went through, I am thankful.

You can always PM me if you don't want to ask it *outloud*. :oops: Just remember I'm not a health care professional. I'm just a woman who's been there.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Thanks! *opens google* lol

Well, i got it early,VERY early. lol But my mom also got hers when she was 10, and her mom when she was 9 as well. I guess it runs in the family. But I'm the only one who....well..it's only consistent every 4-6 months.

Thanks so much GE!

and thanks for the link too! <3

-Dark
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

AliceLauren wrote:I got it at 4 in the morning when i was reading Breaking Dawn. It interrupted me from reading.

I was curled up into a little ball on the couch reading. lol.
Nice. LOL. I always have really, really, really long and heavy periods. They suck so badly! Ugh! I was about 12 when I very first got mine, and school was about to start. I was asleep, and had to go pee, and...TA-DA! Blood in my underwear. Mom was estatic. I was not.
Not to big a fan of tampons though. They kind of hurt, and never feel right. I can usually tell when I'm going to have one. I'll get emotional, and want to eat everything in sight! Also, I feel real bloated, and my breasts will be sore. And the cramps...oh, curse those cramps to the fiery pits of Hades. Midol or some other form of pain relievers usually does it for me. A littlte tip. Never take aspirin for cramps. They're blood thinners, and cause your flow to be heavier.
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...