Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by debussygirl »

Ick, side effects. Those always freak me out on the commercials for the pill or other birth control.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

couple ?s..
what do birth control pills do again?
did any of u guys hide u . from ur mom at first??
i know i did. lol
i just got my period again grrrrrrrrr
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, one thing they do is keep you from getting pregnant. They also stop or lessen your period, so some people take it just for that.
And I definitely did not hide it from my mom!!! I had no pads when I first got mine because my sister had moved to college a few weeks before and took everything with her and I sure wasn't going to tell my dad he needed to go to Target and buy me some pads!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

Wingtear wrote:
talirhee wrote:
Carrisa wrote:I know you have to do that with the pill if you want it's intended affects to work but I don't know about regulation.

Lol, I'm so dumb. I should know what iron's for. I just learned something! XD
Regulation? I am... confused. lol. I know nothing about it. But apparently I'm going to have to take it every day. =P
That's all I need to know.
There are two different kinds of pills. Both are to be taken every day, but one have to be taken the EXACT same time every day, so, an hour late can be too much... the other kind need to be taken within 36 hours of the last one.
I think what Carrisa wondered was, which kind you got.
Good thing you won't be bleeding for a month now!
Hope you don't get any side effects!
Ohh! Hah, thanks. Yeah... I haven't heard of the 36 hour one. So I guess I got the one you have to take everyday.
Ah, thanks! Me too. =)
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

^Ah, it has been resolved! Yes, that's what I meant! That has to be a pain, though, having to keep track of that.

My period was pretty light this time and that's a surprise. Maybe it was because it was so early.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

Ahh, I've been a couple hours late a few times.. but they're only the sugar ones. Haha. So hopefully by the time I get onto the real ones I'll have it down.
That's good. The light ones are always better. They don't make you feel quite so "Blahh."
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

My last period was really easy, which is surprising, the five prior were....HORRIBLEEEEEEEEE.
But I can tell this one is going to be a bad one, I started today, (thankfully after drama, I didn't have any extras with me) and my stomach is hurting really bad, and my back, and I HAVE A HEADACCHEEEEEE.
I am just glad I don't get all snippy at people prior, I feel bad when I have been mean to someone...
ImageImage
E<3B
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Okay, I just want to say that going on the pill has saved my life. Before I would get terrible cramps and extreme migraine headaches. They would last for like 8 or 9 days and it wouldn't be light. It was terrible and I never knew when the next one would be, but then I went on the pill it made everything so much better. Cramps: gone. Migraines: gone. I have it for 4 days and I know when it's coming. Ah...it's a wonderful thing :)
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

keds723 wrote:Okay, I just want to say that going on the pill has saved my life. Before I would get terrible cramps and extreme migraine headaches. They would last for like 8 or 9 days and it wouldn't be light. It was terrible and I never knew when the next one would be, but then I went on the pill it made everything so much better. Cramps: gone. Migraines: gone. I have it for 4 days and I know when it's coming. Ah...it's a wonderful thing :)
8 or 9 days? Holy crap. I usually have really bad cramps but they only last the first two days (out of approx. 5) and it's nothing a little Ibuprofen can't fix (a few hours later, pfft).

Of anyone else gets really bad cramps, I recommend taking a one-a-day women's vitamin. I didn't have any sort of menstrual discomfort whatsoever while I was taking those. I need to get me some more, lol.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Yeah, I take those now too...maybe that helps too. I had a very long run with my teen years...*shudders* When's menopause?