Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by Carrisa »

Uck, I'm super heavy this time. It's like I'm going to bleed to death. It makes me feel really self-conscious at school. I guess I'm lucky I have leak preventing pads on.....

And it really got me to wondering today.... Why in the world do they put butterfly designs on the surface of a pad? Is that suppose to make you feel better or something? I don't see how it could.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

"have a happy period...always"

Bull, NEVAR. My first and second ds are the worst. 1st day is accompanied with mega cramping, and sleepyness. 2nd day is a few cramps (usually after I eat something) and MORE sleepyness. All I want to do is sleep, and can't function normally because i'm exhausted. Then there is the actual sleeping bit. You would think its nice to finally lay down and sleep, but nah. I have to be uber careful of my position, and usually don't get good sleep because i'm uncomfortable. Anyway, whats with being so tired? GAH d@mn hormones and blood loss!
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Ugh I used to have horrible, heavy, irregular periods but no PMS. I could bleed for ten days, be cramping for six of them and not have another period for two months. Then I gained a little weight in the past year or so and suddenly I have text-book periods. exactly 28 days each, bleeding for exactly three days, I still get bad cramps but now it's only the first day. Unfortunately now I also get PMS and am a total bear for a few days before I start. It's so weird. But better than it was before.

Why do they put designs on pads? Is it so we feel pretty? Or is it like quilted paper towels and the design helps the absorbancy? Meh, I use tampons, which don't have designs....but the applicators are pretty colors. What's up with that anyways?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

Ugh, I really hate my period. It's so heavy and long. Sometimes it lasts 10 days. I get really tired and all I want to do is sleep. And to make things worse, it's really irregular so I never know when I'm going to get it.

I have no idea why they put designs on pads either, because really, it's not going to make us feel any better.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

They put designs on everything nowadays, I think they just want to stay "hip" or something.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

Okay really I just hate pads.
I don't know why they feel like diapers to me.
And once at school I got my period So I asked my friend for a pad.. IT WAS PURPLE!!! PURPLE I SAY!!!
WITH BUTTERFLIES!!
WHO MAKES PURPLE PADS!?!?!?!?

This is off topic... But do you guys think any of the guys on the website has looked in this thread just to see what we posted?
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Definitely, they check on every thread. Don't worry, the mods are all girls (I think...)
Pads only feel like diapers if you get the thick kind. Always is amazing, I can't even tell I'm wearing anything, even their nighttime ones. But tampons...I can sometimes feel them. :oops: and it's uncomfy.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

Tampons are really uncomfortable to me. I usually wear the Always pads. You can't really tell that you're wearing them, which is nice.

I bet some of the guys have looked at this thread. They probably look at at most threads on here.
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

I LOVE Always pads, they're so much more comfortable than anything else I've used. Ugh, hate tampons though. They just feel so weird, and putting them in is so hard for me.
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

If you can feel a tampon that means you either put it in completely wrong or didn't push it in far enough. It may be weird the first few times you use them, if you are really young (or a virgin :oops: ) you might have to squat or put one leg up on something to open up wide enough for it to go in comfortably. But by the third or fourth time you get used to it and don't have to do any funny acrobatics.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.