Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Raven~ haha monthly gift? :lol:
Omygosh, white pants? I got it at home on a vake... wow, that just sucks...-shakes head*
haha I know what you mean. Everytime there is something going on the cramps get worse blah
I'm happy you're cramps are no longer there :D

Hana~ Wooo I know what you are talking about. That you are in school or something and you suddenly see red... ugh :\
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

What sucks about ones happy time is it most often happens during something fun planned. Then you realize you are on it, then it just totally ruins your whole day and plans. That has happened to me a lot. Then I get all grouchy and grumpy cause I had to cancel.

Period 26, Aya 0
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

haha I know... in the begining of mine it was random. So I didn't know when it would come. And before the period I'm really grouchy and sesitive. So I went with my friends to a movie and I had a major fight with them. I realized why after a few days -sigh*
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Speaking of periods... I am having the most horrible cramps right now lol! I hate cramping! Usually I only cramp the first day or two, but still it just about kills me! :(
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Awwwwwwwwwwwww belive me, I'm the queen of cramps.
Take aspirin or advil or something.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Thanks for the advice :) I'll be sure to try taking something!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

The girlie-wolf wrote: There is this tampon commercial here that says: "have a happy period" a every girl here is like: "jumy off a clif" :lol:
Have you read that letter that Wendi Aarons wrote??? "Always" was the brand and they actually stopped using the slogan!!!
See below:
Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always Maxi Pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuardCore(tm) or Dri-Weave(tm) absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse”? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills”. Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period." Are you freaking kidding me? Does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a period?

Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Kmart armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong", or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull s***.

And that's a promise I will keep.

Always.

Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX
Makes me laugh every time!
I mean, its a bit of an over-reaction- but hey! The woman is on her period!
ColormeBSG
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Haha that letter was hilarious! It shows how serious the mood swings are and how much pain there is during a period! Haha!
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

hahahahah that letter was sooo amusing.

I don't think Men understand how painful and uncomfortable Periods can be. I mean mine are terrible, especially if like me your sitting in the one class in school you hate and your having your "Monthly gift", and you can't get to a bathroom until after class. I mean you have a pad or something on but it's just SO UNCOMFORTABLE, your just sitting there wishing for the day to be over.

I always have terrible cramps. A lot of the time there so bad my mom thinks im sick and won't let me go to school.
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

HAHAHA! That was hilarioussss. I love this woman.

Blehhh, I feel so sad for my little sister. She is going to turn 9 in two months and Im just dreading her starting her period sometime soon. And by sometime soon, I mean within the next two years. I got mine when I was freaking 10. TORTURE. :'(. Poor me. She is already evil, hahaha.

Poor girls. I pity us often.