Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by samajama »

srabrgr wrote:I got mine 4 days ago, and in my weights class (wich is my favorite part of school) I could barely run and when we did squats, OH GOD, it hurt so bad. Cramps + Squats = NOT GOOD. :(
Same type of gym for me (though i loathe it). I hope I never have to do legs when I have my period. Squats and cramps don't sound like fun. I've had to run while on my period. Now, that's what I'd call a good time. *cough cough*
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I got mine friday night and i had no warning - no cramps (thank god) or anything but luckily i caught it in the morning before it got out of hand.
I remember (i was just reading everybody's 'first time' stories) I was on my summer holidays away with my family, i was 12 (am now 16), going into year 8, and i was so embarrassed when i told my mum. it was australia day - woot woot for aus! (26 january for everyone who doesnt actually know when that is) and i was in my swimmers, and as you could imagine, it was staining them - white with small coloured dots. I was soooo embarrassed - my friends and I never mentioned our periods to each other so nobody ever knew who else did/didn't have them, til about last year (end of year 9) and from then on, anytime anyone has them or PMS or cramps etc we just tell each other. At year 9 camp, the question came up: pads or tampons? now that is a hilarious scene - one of the girls ended up explaining to the cabin how to insert a tampon - actions and everything! and showed a variety of sizes and coloured wrappings. It was the funniest camp in history!
I love how all my friends are so open about them now, it makes them sooo much easier!
I feel so bad for all the girls who have irregular but not very sympathetic for those who complain about getting them every 4 weeks - mine are every bloody THREE! only 2 weeks without 'em!
Although I do feel bad for those who get the sickness, cramps etc, i must say i am very lucky in that department - only extreme emotions before - feeling like crying at anything and easily irritated over EVERYTHING! so annoying..
The worst part about being a girl

(By the way - this is probably one of the best threads for letting out all your monthly stress!)
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

This may sound a little weird, but does anyone get nauseous when they get their period? Sometimes when my stomach hurts real bad, I get nauseous. It affects my appetite for obvious reasons and I'm afraid I'll throw up if the nausea is real bad. It's usually worse in the morning and gets better as the day progresses. And no, this isn't a joke and I hope I don't sound crazy. I was just wondering if any of you have experienced this.

I was just thinking, we go our entire lives dealing with the 'menstrual cycle' and then it stops. It can be such a nuisance, so wouldn't women be happy? I wonder, besides no longer having the option of children, why do women have such a hard time with menopause? Why do women miss getting their menses?
Other than having to find an alternative source for estrogen, I'd be thrilled to leave the worry behind me.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

You're not alone. I, too, have experienced nausea while on my period.
Um, not much else to say...just a short comment this time!
(It's what happens at 3:30am. I need to get a life. I'm tired)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Gee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gee »

Crooked_Rose wrote:I always have my baby faucet turned on at the worst possible times.

Opening night.

The day my choir went on tour.

BD release party.

And they are fricken HEAVY MAN!!!

Gahhhhhh!
Baby faucet LMAO!
Thats cute.
Yea ive been lucky with mine. Ive never had those omg WHYYYY moments. Just the cramps ugh. I used to bunk school cos i wouldnt be able to move.
But now im on the pill makes life easier.
Mine only lasts 4 days :D
Shame. my best friends lasts 2 weeks. and its irregular.
EDIT: My first time was actually quite funny. Cos i was the real tomboy so i didn't actually ever think about it. and my mother didint warn me lol i knew about it but only expected it when i turned 13. i got it when i was 11. I remember cos i went to the toilet and there was all this blood and i thought i was dying lol. my mom found it hilarious when i called her in.
OMG I love Edward Cullen! *jumps on Oprah's couch*
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

^Mine only lasts about 4 days, too! But I'm not on the pill, so it's never on time. :roll: The first day it's not that bad, just cramp. Then the 2nd day is a FLOOD and I feel like I want to just DIE, but eat a lot of chocolate first! The last two days are like the first. It's that second day though...*shiver*
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Gee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gee »

StupidxLamb wrote:^Mine only lasts about 4 days, too! But I'm not on the pill, so it's never on time. :roll: The first day it's not that bad, just cramp. Then the 2nd day is a FLOOD and I feel like I want to just DIE, but eat a lot of chocolate first! The last two days are like the first. It's that second day though...*shiver*
Yea i get this really really bad headache the day before, then the first day is killer pains and second not to bad and 3rd and 4th is like nothing.
OMG I love Edward Cullen! *jumps on Oprah's couch*
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I havn't gotten mine yet(knock on wood), but my mom keeps my sister's and my bathroom stocked with pads. We were doing homestays(church choir stuff, you stay at peoples houses) and two boys roomed with us at my house. We all had to share a bathroom, well one boy was looking for some extra soap, he opened the cabinet nad he totally freaked out when he saw waht was it there, I could of died, instead I called up my friend and told them I was coming over for a sleep over. Almost all my friends have gotten theirs so I have to be around at least one ultra-hormornal friend every day grrr, they say I'm going to be worse than them since I'm already so emotional and angsty. Oh fun! :evil:
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

My period comes about every 1 and a half month. The first time I got cramps was when I was 14, the first time after I moved house. It was really unexpected , because since 11 years old(which I started having my period) , I never experienced cramps.

God, it hurt badly. Thank god it only last on the first day. I cannot sleep with cramps. They really make me crazy.

I remember 2 months ago, my senior's mother passed away because of cancer. When her period came, it lasted for a month or two. Her doctor said it was because of stress. Poor girl. Imagine having your period for one month!
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

skylarblue wrote:How do you force start your period? I've never heard of that before.
i can't have a "normal" period on my own. i don't produce enough progesterone so i have to take a hormonal supplement (hello hot flashes and teenage hormonal urges...not attractive in a 36 year-old! :lol: ) So, as long as I take the supplement it thins the lining of my uterus and gets it ready and when i stop taking it, good old aunt flo should appear within a couple of days. i just went two years with no periods at all, so to prevent uterine cancer (which i didn't realize could happen if you didn't have a quasi-regular period) I have to ensure that i force a period at least four times a year.

oh joy, oh bliss.

my first period was traumatic. i was the last in my class to get it (some of the girls had theirs when they were nine years old) and it happened around my 13th birthday. i was a total tomboy and was supposed to be going to the lake with my guy friends, some of whom were quite a bit younger, and quite obviously i couldn't go. i was yelling at them through my window and they just didn't understand why i couldn't go. i finally screamed out at them "I GOT MY PERIOD! I HATE BEING A GIRL! GO AWAY!"

yeah, they avoided me for almost a month after that. i think i freaked them out.