Hair styles, tips, advice

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Hair styles, tips, advice

Post by AliceLauren »

My hair is a little bit longer than shoulder length and it's a light brown with lighter brown streaks in it. I love my hair.

But I normally straiten it, but I loveeeee it curled. I also commonly scrunch it. My hair looks really cute scrunched, yay. :D

But those are the most common things I do with my hair. I can't really think of anything else to do with it anyways.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I cut my hair really short recently. It gets really curly when it dries.. That's annoying because it gets poofy. Oh well :D

look: Image

sorry the pic is so big but i was too lazy to crop it :P
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

gah!!! Homecoming is this weekend and i don't know what to do!! i don't want an updo so maybe i'l just style my hair in loose ringlets down my back?? kind of like Taylor Swift's in the Our Song video (that's how my hair usually looks though...)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

My hair is really curly and goes about three or four inches past my shoulders. When wet, it's black. But when it's dry, it gets to be a bronzy chocolate color. I found that the best product is the Sunsilk for curly hair set. But, I use Herbal Essence Totally Twisted shampoo and spray my hair with Avon's Salon Hairspray. :) ;)
SylvieGirl224
Wandering Through Town

Post by SylvieGirl224 »

A quick question: Any ideas for shampoos/conditioners for thick/wavy hair? I mean !supathick! My hair has its own unique texture, lol.

And I'd like to dye my hair red-'Weasley Red', and I have medium brown hair. Any suggestions for semi/demi permanent colors/brands?

Many thanks!
Searching for my own Jacob...

I may be a dork, but I'm Taylor's dork! ;)
Dork Squad: Showtune Siren
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

SylvieGirl224 wrote:A quick question: Any ideas for shampoos/conditioners for thick/wavy hair? I mean !supathick! My hair has its own unique texture, lol.
have you ever tried SunSilk?? that stuff is amazing
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

simple_love♫ wrote:gah!!! Homecoming is this weekend and i don't know what to do!! i don't want an updo so maybe i'l just style my hair in loose ringlets down my back?? kind of like Taylor Swift's in the Our Song video (that's how my hair usually looks though...)
You could always do half up, half down. :] That could be cute.

My hair is a few inches past my shoulders. It's brown with natural golden highlights mixed throughout. That's my favorite part. ^_^ There are natural waves framing my face, but the rest of it is straight, for the most part. I have to wash it everyday, or else it becomes too oily. But I don't really have any problems with it other than that. If I wash it every morning and don't skip a day, then it pretty much looks good all the time. Haha. But I have to put moose in it after my shower, so it isn't lack luster. ;] I use Garnier Fructis moose. It's SO good. And I love the bottle nozzle. Haha. My shampoo is Suave Vanilla Floral. It's the best shampoo I've ever had. *swoon*
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

For curly hair visit www.naturallycurly.com. I found it helpful in dealing with my own very curly hair.

Right now I'm using Tres Samme Curly shampoo and conditioner, but I really like Beyond The Zone's Noodle Head series. It smells like coconut & orange and my makes my hair feel great.

My hair is very thick and curly. Right now's it hi-lighteed blonde, but by Staurday it will be lightbrown. Woo hoo. I miss my brown. It's never JUSt brown. I'm naturally a red-head, so I will have brown with red in it.

Ladies, a lot of products have plastic, wax, and alcohol in them which are actually VERY bad for your hair. If your poduct has alcohol in it, it will frizz and/or dry out your hair. Wax makes your hair feel smooth, but it cuts off the good stuff from penetrating the hair shaft. Plastics...same thing. Look at your hair brush. Do you see iridescent metal flakes in your brush? It's your products causing it.

You should also use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a week. :D :D
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I really need someones help. Whenever I straighten my hair, it always goes curly again. Can anyone give me some advice on what to use to keep it straight that won't wreck my hair?
My hair dresser told me to by wax, but it doesn't work and makes my hair even more curly, and plus its bad for your hair, I'm pretty sure.
Any suggestions?
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

my hair grows like a weed and it is my favorite feature of me. it is down to half down my back and is very wavy, so i blow dry to straighten. i dye it all the time. im a natural brunette, but first i got blonde highlights, then blue highlights, then i dyed it blonde 3 times. the blue was about 3 times, too. my hair seems pretty shot after i blowdry, too. heres some advice for all who love colored hair.

use lots of conditioner

dont blowdry or crimp of curl often. maybe 3 days out of 7

be nice to it. get it trimmed and layed every now and then and never use rubber bands in is because they WILL get stuck and u WILL get split ends

that is all
-brianna_cullen
Edward can bruise me anyday.