Make Up

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Make Up

Post by skylarblue »

StupidxLamb wrote:
skylarblue wrote:I need some makeup help. I have really oily skin & I will find a brand of foundation that works well for awhile but then it seems that my skin becomes use to it & then rebels.

Is there any type of foundation or brand in general that you can recommend for me to try.
Use Bare Minerals!

That's what I'm using now & have been using for about 4 years. I have the primer & mineral veil but it seems by the end of the day, I just look greasy. Maybe it has something to do with the humidity that we have in MD but during the winter, it's not as bad.

Do you use Bare Minerals, if so do you have any suggestions on what I can do?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
nicalyrenard
Settled in Forks

Post by nicalyrenard »

What can't you live without?<<
moisturizer and lip balm

What brands do you use?<<
mostly MAC (eyes), Clinique (foundation), Too Faced and sephora brand.

What makeup tips do you want to share?<<
uh, I don't know really, I don't have any special tricks.

Your worst makeup story?<<
oh probably some weird taupe/blue eye shadow combo thing i tried back in the day

Are you having a good makup day?<<
today was the basic going to classes look, so yeah not much I could screw up.

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow?
hah yeah after looking back at pics of my mother with it, I vow to never do it. (too young to wear it myself then)
colegurl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by colegurl »

What can't you live without?
o.o my eyeliner, mascara and lip blam...
What brands do you use?
Rimmel, Bonnebell
What makeup tips do you want to share?
DONT OVER DO YOUR LINER!!! ya just end up looking like a raccoon
Your worst makeup story?
epp...i dont think i have one...
Are you having a good makup day?

kinda....
it really all depends on how you wear it and how much of it you use..
jessicalynn
Settled in Forks

Post by jessicalynn »

I am so clueless when it comes to makeup. My mom never spent much time with me on that... I very rarely wear makeup, but when I do wear it, I wear mascara, eyeliner, bronzer, and sometimes eye shadow.

People think I don't wear it because I'm a hippy.. or so they say... truth be told... I don't wear it because I suck at it.
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

jessicalynn wrote: People think I don't wear it because I'm a hippy.. or so they say... truth be told... I don't wear it because I suck at it.
They think your a hippy because you don't wear makeup? :roll: JEEZ what meds are they on lol, that is so stereotypical. I think no make-up is kinda cool, it shows that you are comfortable with your looks and can go with out it.
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
jessicalynn
Settled in Forks

Post by jessicalynn »

it's just the no makeup thing... it's the way I dress... think... pretty much everything about me screams hippie... so they think that's why I don't wear makeup... lol...

I am pretty comfy without it for the most part, but all girls wanna feel pretty sometimes... :)
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

skylarblue wrote:I need some makeup help. I have really oily skin & I will find a brand of foundation that works well for awhile but then it seems that my skin becomes use to it & then rebels.

Is there any type of foundation or brand in general that you can recommend for me to try.
Instead of Bare Minerals - try Everydayminerals.com
It is "organic" mineral make up out of Austin - only sold online and they will send you a FREE sample kit that you pick out and put together the colors/finishes you need. The make up is AWESOME and has no weird chemicals. Check it out!
Also, Proactive has a primer that works well under make up to absorb the oil and keep stuff from bothering your skin. Ooh, also Philosophy has a great primer that holds make up in place (essential for oily skin or humid climates)
Good luck!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

ocd4edward wrote:

Instead of Bare Minerals - try Everydayminerals.com
It is "organic" mineral make up out of Austin - only sold online and they will send you a FREE sample kit that you pick out and put together the colors/finishes you need. The make up is AWESOME and has no weird chemicals. Check it out!
Also, Proactive has a primer that works well under make up to absorb the oil and keep stuff from bothering your skin. Ooh, also Philosophy has a great primer that holds make up in place (essential for oily skin or humid climates)
Good luck!
Thank you for the advice, I'm going to the website to check it out.

I think I may have tried the Philosophy primer before, I have a couple of their products also.

Thanks Again
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I used to use Bare Minerals but it looked really greasy at the end of the day, and It took way too long to put on.

In the morning I have like 5 minutes to get dressed cause I run Track, and Cross Country in school. So that wasn't fun. :lol:

But I have really bad dark circles under my eyes, so i use this Shiseido cream thing, I don't know, but it works really well. I have Loreal True Match foundation that goes on nice and quick :D And then I just use mascara after that, and I use CoverGirl Lash Blast.

I used to wear so much makeup but it looked kinda fake, and it took forever, so now I just use that, and I'm good :D
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

What can't you live without?
Carmex lip balm (does that count?)
What brands do you use?
Clinique and Revlon
What makeup tips do you want to share?
i put black eyeshadow on around my top eyelashes with a fine brush
to get the smokey effect -- it's really pretty
Your worst makeup story?
i don't think i have one
Are you having a good makeup day?
i didn't wear makeup today
nope, i was born in '93

and also, I am afraid of mascara and eyelash curlers!!!
good thing i have long, dark lashes :lol:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.