Dying to Dye

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Dying to Die

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Allright hair dying pros, I need some advice. I'm dying my hair this summer and a crazy color too.

So here are the facts
1. I have long hair; it goes to the middle of my back
2. It's sandy blonde almost light brown
3. I'm only dying the bottom portion closest to the nape of my neck

Now for my questions
1. I know different types of dyes will last longer on your hair and I know that bleaching usually makes them more vibrant. So if I bleach then dye will the dye fade out eventually and will I be left with the bleach? Do you just need to keep re-dying every couple months?
2. I'm not sure on a color. What would you guys recommend based on experience and my current hair color? I'm open to all suggestions?
3. Any other tips or suggestions or advice? All I can get is welcome!
So I have shoulder length hair it is brown dark enough that when it is wet it looks jett black
Every summer I dye it a different color
I only HIGHLIGHT it I don't do the whole thing
it has been Purple, red, blue, and the most fun of all this past summer i died it HOT PINK. it is SO much fun, I couldn't stop looking in a mirror at it...and i HATE the way I look..
I highy suggest pink.
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

The title of this thread is misleading. I thought this was going to be a place where people could discuss their experiences with suicide. Anyway, I never dye my hair. I like my natural color and I think it looks really stupid when your hair is half your real color and half the dyed color. And I absolutely can not stand the fake orange/blonde hair that so many people are walking around with.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I think I'd like to be buried when I die, and have a small funeral. Not cremated or anything.
Oh wait, this is a thread about dying your HAIR isn't it? Nevermind, then. :?

Haha, just kidding.

Anyways, the last time I died my hair was last April. A LONG time ago right? My hair is naturally black, and I died it a dark brown color. There hardly was a difference, so I decided I didn't need to re-dye it.

Hm, is anyone actually reading this?

*Wanderer*
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Allright hair dying pros, I need some advice. I'm dying my hair this summer and a crazy color too.

So here are the facts
1. I have long hair; it goes to the middle of my back
2. It's sandy blonde almost light brown
3. I'm only dying the bottom portion closest to the nape of my neck

Now for my questions
1. I know different types of dyes will last longer on your hair and I know that bleaching usually makes them more vibrant. So if I bleach then dye will the dye fade out eventually and will I be left with the bleach? Do you just need to keep re-dying every couple months?
2. I'm not sure on a color. What would you guys recommend based on experience and my current hair color? I'm open to all suggestions?
3. Any other tips or suggestions or advice? All I can get is welcome!
1. I did the exact same thing you are planning to do last summer, and dyed it purple. The purple did eventually fade to blue, then green, and finally bleach blonde, so yes it will fade and keep redying it.
2. For your hair color, a pink might be nice, but really do whatever speaks to you the most.
3. Check with your hair dresser before you go to get it done so she has that color handy, a lot of places don't have unnatural colors on hand because there isn't a lot of call for them.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

You guys are so helpful I'm back for more!

When I dye my hair I don't want it to be pastel-y, just true to the sample and really rich. Should I not bleach too much then, or will it work better if my hair is as light as possible?

Thanks guys!
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

To the people who dye their hair: Why do you do it?
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Why not? Well, I've never dyed my hair before (this summer though. Woot!) but I see it as a form of experimentation. And it's totally non-permanent. Piercings and tatoos are all relatively permanent (and painful). Hair regrows; if something goes wrong you can always try again. And short of getting into hard drugs, it's a relatively safe form of experimentation.
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I'm too much of a chicken to totally dye my hair. I usually just do hi/low lights.

Every time I see this thread, I think "you people need help". But remember that it's about HAIR. :lol:
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

That's what I thought too. I was like, "What, this out of characteristic for the Lex." Maybe that's why it has so many more views than posts.

I think the technical grammar would be "Dying to Dye" because dye is coloring something - here, specifically, hair - Die is, well, being dead. It's just a little awkward.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Black wrote:To the people who dye their hair: Why do you do it?
I never die my whole head a different color. I've only gotten highlights, and thats because I LOVE the way it makes my hair look. I have said it many times, but I am a blonde, and I will never stray from that. I like having lighter blonde, though.

I think lots of people do it just because its a way to show their personality. I tried highlighting my hair for the first time last summer, and I can't imagine going back to just my old color. It brings out all the good colors in my hair.

i don't know. Maybe thats just me. :?
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin