Dying to Dye

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Dying to Die

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Lacuna Scion wrote:You guys are so helpful I'm back for more!

When I dye my hair I don't want it to be pastel-y, just true to the sample and really rich. Should I not bleach too much then, or will it work better if my hair is as light as possible?

Thanks guys!
The blonder you bleach it the truer the color will be. LIke my hair, when I bleach it, under the bleaching stuff it turns red then orange then yellow and then blonde. But I usually only let it sit long enough to get to yellow, it makes the color darker than it is supposed to be, but I'm afraid if it goes all the way bleached, I would have to leave the stuff in my hair too long and it would hurt it.

and as to the other question: Because it is fun. Why not have a little fun. Why do people get tattoos or piercings? becuase they like them, and dying your hair is much less permanent than a tat.
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I have never dyed my hair, I have rinsed it with chamomile tea in the summer and hydrogen peroxide in the winter and let the sun do the rest. I like the purplish hue it pck up in the winter, but I would never try to recreate it.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Good news!

My mom and I have come to an agreement. The backstory: I have really thick-curly hair, so it would be really complicated to bleach and dye it. Fortunetely, she's going to let me color my bangs!

What color, now. . .?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Darker or lighter, Chloe?
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I'm getting like pink or blue or something.
Not normal, of course. : )

But I could do purple, or anything! It's so hard to decide.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I have "war wounds" so I have found a great color from Natural Match by Loreal. Medium Dark, Golden Brown.
My natural color has mahogany & gold in it - go figure, but I like it & this coloring system works for me.

Oh, and I have natural curly hair, too & coloring seems to enhance that. Go figure that, too. :|
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Well, my hair is the worlds most boring colour!
Brown.
End of.
It ringlets though (Think Rennesme). I've been thinking about dying it darker but I'm not sure!
I have tanned skin and I'm mixed race so I love the confusion when people try and work you where I'm from! :D
No, I'll stay boring! :lol:

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com