Dying to Dye

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Re: Dying to Die

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I've been coloring my hair since I was like 12 I think! I don't know what my natural color is! I have finally decided to wait for my roots to grow out kinda long so I can see if I like it but I have a feeling I will end up coloring it again!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Allright hair dying pros, I need some advice. I'm dying my hair this summer and a crazy color too.

So here are the facts
1. I have long hair; it goes to the middle of my back
2. It's sandy blonde almost light brown
3. I'm only dying the bottom portion closest to the nape of my neck

Now for my questions
1. I know different types of dyes will last longer on your hair and I know that bleaching usually makes them more vibrant. So if I bleach then dye will the dye fade out eventually and will I be left with the bleach? Do you just need to keep re-dying every couple months?
2. I'm not sure on a color. What would you guys recommend based on experience and my current hair color? I'm open to all suggestions?
3. Any other tips or suggestions or advice? All I can get is welcome!
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I have considered getting highlights, but I decided against it, I don't really need them, I have natural blonde ones in natural dark brown hair and they look dyed anyway :lol:

Lacuna Scion - I'm not really sure, having never dyed my hair, and I don't want to gve advice, then you follow it and it doesn't look good :?
1) No idea, a hairdresser would tell you though
2) I think that you shouldn't go too different from your natural colour at first, so maybe something light reddish? I have no idea :D for crazy colours, a friend's sister has black hair with streaks of colour underneath. This is good because it's 'subtle' and you can change the colour underneath easily (currently it's red), it looks really good. So you could try something like that.
3) Don't follow my advice, I don't want you to come out with a bad hairstyle because of me :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Lacuna Sion-

1. From my experience, if you bleach before you dye and it begins to fade then you will see more of the bleach than the color but I've never been left with just bleached hair. I have seen people though who have been left with gray hair so I would strongly suggest you get this done professionally!

2. I've always thought bright red looks cool with blonde hair or like a hot pink. Then again electric blue is super cool!

3. Get it done professionally and maybe ask if you can come in for a consultation first.

So I decided that I was tired of being a fake blonde so I was going to dye my hair as close to my natural color as possible and it didn't work. The color on the box was perfect but it is much darker than the picture. I think when it fades it will be the right color.
ImageImage
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I just got back from dying my hair! I love it. :) I put more blonde highlights in it, and had some carmel mixed in with it. I am so happy with it. :D Its such a pretty blonde and I think it compliments my eyes very nicely. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Heart Stiller
Learning to Love Green

Post by Heart Stiller »

I've considered dying my hair blue. However, I've heard such a process can be very hard on your hair and you need to visit a barber/beautician once a week in order to manage it. Is this true? Because I don't think I have the money for that. :D

BTW I'm a newbie to hair dying.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

urcoolcarrie wrote:I just got back from dying my hair! I love it. :) I put more blonde highlights in it, and had some carmel mixed in with it. I am so happy with it. :D Its such a pretty blonde and I think it compliments my eyes very nicely. :)
It is wonderful when you are happy with the results! Too often do people leave disappointed! Enjoy your new hair and make sure to take good care of it!
Heart Stiller wrote:I've considered dying my hair blue. However, I've heard such a process can be very hard on your hair and you need to visit a barber/beautician once a week in order to manage it. Is this true? Because I don't think I have the money for that. :D

BTW I'm a newbie to hair dying.
I've never dyed my hair colors other than natural looking ones but I've known a few who have gone blue, green, and purple. It probably is true that you have to visit a beautician very often to maintain it because the girls I've met who dyed their hair those colors, when it faded they had grey hair. So be careful and research it!
ImageImage
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Thanks for all your help guys. Mrs. Jasper Hale I was also thinking bright red or electric blue. :) I just didn't know if it would clash, but I think it'll be okay.

I'm going to wait to the end of semester to dye it up. But any other suggestions or random epiphanies are welcome :lol:
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I'm betting my mom going to let me get colored highlights for my b-day.
I've been begging forever, I already have a brownish-red and light brown mixed in, It's okay, but I want pink or red. I hope she does!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Heart Stiller, listen to Mrs. Jasper Hale. I know a girl who dyes her hair crazy colors like blue and green and within a week it always looks faded and mucky. Right now her hair is a wonderful shade of sea-witch green (or at least that's what I think of when I see her).
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com