Worst Present that you have ever received?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Worst Present that you have ever received?

Post by Venecettia »

My grandma on my dad's side always gives me clothes, which I like clothes, but the ones she gives me aren't always the bees knees. Sometimes they are. But the thing is, I have one girl cousin my same age, and like 20 other cousins. We all ge the same thing, just in different colors. This Christmas I got handmade mittens, which were a nice gesture, and a photo frame. There was something else too, I just forgot, I know it was bigger than those two though.... But I guess it is tough with all those grandkids and step grandkids.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I'm usually happy about almost any kind of presents but I can still remember two of them that made me really laugh (behind the giver's back, of course) :D

The first one was a silk pijamas my mother's aunt gave to me for my 17th birthday...it was absolutely hilarious! Electric pink, baby doll style. As my uncle underlined, in front of the whole family and to my utmost embarassment, it looked like a peep show suit or something like that lol My mom and I decided to keep it just for fun...I never used it though 8-)

The second is - I still own it - a small knick-knac, a mouse, made of shells. It's very kitsch but I love it anyway because a friend of mine bought it for me in her home country, Albania. I didn't expect to receive anything from her when going back to college - sophomore year - but she came back from home with one for me and a little dog statue for her roommate. We are still in touch and she's one of my best friend so...no matter how horrible the shell mouse is, it's still on one of my shelves. ;)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I recently got a present from my aunt, a leather jacket!?!?!? Then she gave me a shirt well let's just say it leaves little to the imagination... I love my aunt but seriously I'm not that kind of person.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

The worst had to be the Christmas when I got some dollar store jewlery and all my younger cousins got piles of toys that I had to politely watch them open with a happy smile on my face.
Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm selfish and wasn't happy with what I got, it's just that I felt left out, being the oldest of the under 20's in my family.

The other thing is that every year me and my brother look forward to a family friend giving us underwear :lol: We think it's fun and they're a much needed necessity.
ImageImageImage
Gemini93
Settled in Forks

Post by Gemini93 »

Rocks.

Not kidding you guys. Rocks.

Granted, they were polished rocks (everybody now: ooooooo....). But seriously? Polished rocks as a birthday present?

And this present came from my grandparents, not just one of my friends who needed something to give me because they forogt about my birthday.

You could have just given me that purse I said I really wanted, but noooooo......
***INSERT WITTY AND CREATIVE TWILIGHT-RELATED BANNER HERE***
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I know I am not the typical girl saying this but: a stuffed bear

Now I am the kind of girl who likes useful presents. I mean something with a purpose, not just some object that is going to collect dust. So naturally I was like

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS?

I knew at that point, that the guy who gave it to me was history. ;)
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »

my 'friend' jamie gave me a really ugly troll with a t on the shirt but my name is cathleen and my friends name is tara
i also got 20 buck so i was happy
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

A pair of cowboy boot slippers....when i was 16.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Underwear. . .from my grandma . . . sparkly, silver, low-cut . . . and I was turning 9!!!
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

This is not the worst present i've ever recieved; it just brought about some uncomfortable questions.

My sis got me some baby bottles and blankets for my dolls when I was about 8. When I opened them my mom has to blurt out "when are you due"? I was so embarrased! She said it in front of my dad too!
It's not that bad, but it was super embarrasing, my moms always like that.

Alright i'm going to sleep now, it's verging 3am now.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage