High School Haters

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

High School Haters

Post by Pel »

I am so sick of high school!! The cliques, the immature conversations, the self-obsorbed people...im about to explode. I know im suposed to enjoy high school, says all the ex-homecoming queens anyway, but it feels more like a four year jail than an enjoyable place. I swear ive gotten more dirty looks from people i dont even know in these last two years than all the rest of my years combined!!!

It doesnt help that i am the daughter of a high school quarterback and the homecoming queen--of the same high school! both of whom just loved high school and dont understand why i hate it so much...

this thread is for all the others out there like me who just need to VENT
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: High School Haters

Post by Elizabeth »

I hated High School, the weird part is all the people who you couldn't stand then are usually nice later. What happens between high school and lets say reunion that changes people? I'm not old enough to have had a reunion yet, but facebook has brought a lot of old classmates out of the woodwork. We never talked then and they want to talk now, it's so weird! In this regard, I can relate to Bella and her move from Phoenix to Forks. I was a nobody surrounded by the fake blonds with their acrylic nails, and silver Tiffany bracelets. Now, people want to talk to me. I haven't changed, or at least I don't think I did, so why the new interest? The only people I knew who liked high school were the popular kids. High school is an experience, an experience I was glad to put behind me.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

lol, I haven't even started highschool yet.
I already hate it.
My brother is pretty popular. And I'm not. There's so many cliques. It's popular, emo, and nerd. And I'm a nerd. Which is almost the lowest. It's so annoying. I know that it'll only be worst come highschool.
formally, Ostentatious6277
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

VENTING TIME!
:twisted:

I absolutely HATE AND ABHOR high school, especially mine.

The people there are absolutely immature. They make me want to stick a pencil up my nose until it touches my brain, and swirl it around.

Oh, the humanity. All of the gossip and drama makes me sick. One person says this, another says that. Then it starts to spread around like a disease, then sooner or later, you have a fight on your hands. And the two-facers!

And the education is so slowwwww. I'm in the Running Start program (I think it's only in Washington. In your junior year and senior year, you have a choice of studying at a community college for free, or you can stay in high school as a full time student), and I am so glad that I joined.

In my junior year of high school, I decided to take a Pre-cal class at my high school. Bad mistake. The previous year, I had asked my math teacher whether it was a good idea for me to take my math class at the comm. college, or in high school (I was in a huge dilemma. I was a 4.0 student and was deathly afraid of losing my 4.0). My math teacher advised me to stay in high school. He believed that I was a sharp kid, but that I lacked the necessary knowledge to handle the work at the comm. college.
So, in my junior year, I took his class for Pre-cal. My gosh. He was moving SO SLOW. He would go through one topic, then have to repeat it again. The class was just so unattached. They never paid attention to his lectures (which, by the way, were very informative and thorough), and when it came to test time, they failed the test. Therefore my teacher would have to re-cover all of the information. He literally went over factoring polynomials for 3 months.
Sick and tired of his slow pace, I enrolled at the local comm. college for winter and spring pre-cal. We moved so fast. Even though the high school class had a 4 month head start, my comm. college class caught up and then went beyond the curriculum in 3 months.

Now for my senior year, I am going to go full time at my comm. college, with only orchestra as my high school class. I want to get away from the immaturity and as Pel stated, self absorbed people. I enjoy the comm. college environment much more. There are no silly people that act ridiculous, and no more loud mouths that interrupt my learning experience.

Gah. I'm not even done venting. There's so much I want to say. I don't even know if I made any sense or not, but it's great to be able to get it off my chest.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

This is definitely the thread for me!

Why is it that I can't get lucky in English? I made a big mistake last year by taking English Accelerated. I had just came from a private school that didn't have things like Standard, Academic, Honors, or Accelerated classes, so I thought, why not? I was good at English. Not good enough! That class caused me to hate English! I told my teacher "I want to go into an academic class next year" and she told me "I think you should go into Honors." I was like: NO! I said Academic, not honors! And now this honors class doesn't seem to be any better then Accelerated. Why won't anyone listen to me when I actually make a decision?!
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

I HATE Cliques.

I am a cheerleader. And I have been told by many people "your like the only cheeleader who is not a B*tch or Sl*t" And that pisses me off. They don't know the other girls on my squad. Not all cheerleaders are sex drived mean girls. Sure some are, but there are some of those in every type of group.
I may be a cheerleader but I have friend on the drama club, key club, national honur society, art club, book club, and ones in more sports then I can count. My group of friends are so diverse that we never can rule out a "type" becuase one of us is under that "lable"
I just get so sick or people hearing Im a cheerleader and then giving me looks or avoiding me. I have never even been kissed, yet they think all cheerleaders have "done it" with someone.
I just wish we could al be "girls" and "guys" without all the bloody lables.
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

Oh, and, there's lots of kids at my school who are low, like not caught up to where they should be, in especially English, so I have to do work that I could do with my hands behind my back (Except for in math. I suck at math.) So, it sucks.

That's probably going to be the only good thing about high school.
formally, Ostentatious6277
TeamCullen26
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullen26 »

I'm not in High School anymore... and haven't been for a while, but the thing I hated most was the people in the classes who didn't care about school would make it hard for the ones who actually gave a crap if they passed their class. The slackers would constantly disrupt class and therefore, you wouldn't get a proper lesson. That made homework difficult at times because you never fully understood the lesson. I was more of a loner, and thankfully I went to a 5A school where there was so many people you didn't have to know everyone.
Macy!
Learning to Love Green

Post by Macy! »

I hate high school, but I really care if I pass. Recieving a B is failing to me, but I really don't try, which is sad. But besides actually learning, I hate most of the people there. Basically everyone at my school is too immature to carry on a single conversation without something completely idiotic in it. I know it's okay to act goofy sometimes, but all the time is just annoying. And it's those kind of people that make it difficult for everyone else... Plus the stupid people who only care about appearance, those always picking a fight, and the rude people that have to be better than everyone else. The whole thing is a huge competition, ugh.
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

People at my high school are absolutely ridiculous. It's disgusting the bunch of scumbags and jock straps I go to school with. I'm going into my sophomore year, and for my size (5 ft 4, on the shorter side, not twig thin, but not fat, 'pudgier' I guess would be the the closest match) I have a large -chest-. And I never really noticed until the end of this year when I'd catch guys staring at my chest. One guy even tried to feel me up. And my newest ex-boyfriend told all his buddies that he was only dating BIG BOOBS MCGEE (not even my last name) for exactly that purpose. Example of the scumbag criteria. A good majority of my school plays a sport, as where I don't because I'm not fast, coordinated, or even interested at this point. I played LAX for a year and it was dreadful because the woman never let me play so I wasn't putting up with that and then tried out for volleyball and didn't make it because a girl moved from another school and got my spot instead. Which shows that the teachers are almost as bad as the students. Most of the teachers aren't the brightest french fry in the crayon box -ahem- sarcasm intended. I play the viola, I played all of my freshmeat year. With the worst teacher EVER. We accomplished absolutely nothing, we sucked to put it simply. I'm lucky I have four solid best friends, and a few other good friends. High school's a b!tch. I guess I'll get over that in time.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?