High School Haters

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: High School Haters

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Everyone always says that High School is the greatest, and that it is so much better than middle school.
In a way, this is true. In my area, all the cliques dissapeared when i got to high school. everyone was paying attention to their grades, and the old cliques started clashing.
on the other hand, I don't think of having 3+ hours of homework every night as being "the best time of your life." I don't like the work AT ALL. Don't teachers get it?! students actually do have a life outside of school. We do have a social life that we need to maintain. Its frustrating how much teachers expect out of you.
So, i am still trying to figure out why everyone is so in love with high school. I like the football games, the pep rallies, the charity runs, and stuff like that, but I don't like the rest of it. too much work.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

This is a wonderful topic.

I don't know if I can say I hate everything about high school, but I do hate how boring it is. *sigh* And I have to go back on the 5th...

See, I live in a large city. I go to a fairly large school that's open to people from all over, provided your grades and test scores are high enough to get in. There are so many people who want to come to my school. (My question is "Why?!" You can't even begin to grasp how overrated this place is.) Anyway, you would think that because my school attracts so many people I'd get to see new faces and such, right? Nope. I went to the same school from kindergarten - 8th grade, and I swear over half the population of my school is made up of these people. This is my sophomore year and I'm bored out of my skull.

*face ----> palm*

A few of you all complain about cliques and such, and say that the popular people are the only ones who enjoy these four years. Maybe my school is odd, but we don't even have stereotypical cliques. There are basically two huge groups in my grade. And I guess I'm weird because I'm friends with various randoms. A lot of randoms. I love my friends! They actually make school worthwhile.

HS simply annoys me because it's boring and involves far too many all-nighters.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Cliques and popularity peoples are very well done with in High School lol - tbh, no one gives a crap whether you dress a certain way or talk a certain way ... as long as you can make a semi-good conversation, all is good.
Of course if you show up in a Hot Topic tu-tu and brightly colored tights - you'll get some WTF moments, to say the least :shock:

Freshman on the other hand due in fact get a bit of hattin', only because the majority of them are small yet take large amount of room in slightly small halls - move out my friggen way I say :lol: And for whatever reason, the majority of them are obnoxiously preppy this year .. these 3 girls were talking, I say 5 feet from myself and debating whether my jacket was ugly or nice. Urh ... I CAN HERE YOU BTW - I ended up rolling my eyes on them, in the end they gave me a nasty glare. Figures as much lol.

Anyhow ... overall my school is small, 500-600 students in total I think and everyone's on a first name base's. Myself, I'm bit of a loner tbh, have a small group of friends and that's about it. I view High School as:
get marks, get out, and there by, do whatever. Most likely take a road-trip towards NY and see what lies upon that.
Would love to take some writing courses in Collage and see what I can do with the Arts - more or so Fashion related.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

I hate all the stress it gives me. I could only get like 2 hours of sleep, even if it was on a saturday because I was always worried I had stuff to do & if I fell behind on my homework even a little, I was sooo not getting a good grade in that class for the 6 weeks.
Theres not much I like about High School. Its too early, too stressful & too much pointless work, I honestly dont get why I had homework almost every single night, but never turned it in. And I took an on level class, but my status is GT still, but the teacher treated me like I was dumb & couldnt follow directions.
I got really sick from all the stress & major loss of sleep, so now I have to do the next semester by correspondence - I dont really miss it, but Its an odd feeling.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Hmmm, well I don't HATE high school. I hate certain parts of it.
Like dealing with really annoying people. People who won't even look at you because your not one of them. But you are stuck with them in class and they are always sucking up to teachers and just being perfectly horrible to others.
And I hate math. My math teacher is SO ANNOYING!!! She acts like math is the most important thing in the world. And she goes on about her genius daughter who god forbid should go to a college that isn't ivy league!
And I don't like so much work. The teachers always seem to pile it on for no good reason, all at the same time.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I haven't exactly been at my high school/college very long, but I like it :D
I guess I'm in the wrong thread... or maybe the colleges here are different. I like how there's no popular people, everyone just has their own friends who they hang out with.
One of the only things I don't like is my formroom: it's scummy, and yesterday a piece of the ceiling fell down and nearly hit my teacher on the head, it was like half a metre off! :shock:
debussygirl wrote:And I don't like so much work. The teachers always seem to pile it on for no good reason, all at the same time.

The work at school isn't so bad, it's the homework I don't like. My last school had a no-homework policy, so I'm trying to get used to every teacher dumping work on us whenever they feel like it :lol: My weekends are now full of boring homework, lucky me!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I HATED high school. So, to get out of there as quickly as possible, I went to summer school for three summers and graduated a year early. Sooooo worth it and I never looked back.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

I am only in my freshmen year, and I DESPISE high school. Lots of people have said they don't have cliques...our school is ONLY cliques. And humongous - about 1200 per class, so like 5000 in the school. It is totally overwhelming at the beginning, and then just tedious later on. This probably sounds bad, but although the classes I take are considered pretty difficult && prestigous, I don't study a lot. I try to get through it, and then be able to have free time. But seriously, I just want to get OUT. Looking forward to college...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

lovvetwilight wrote:And humongous - about 1200 per class, so like 5000 in the school.
Wow, colleges are big over there! My school's only got like 900-100 people.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D