Dorks United

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Dorks United

Post by debussygirl »

Carrisa wrote: - I'm protective of my books and don't like other people handling them
Me too! I'm so glad I have an excuse not to lend my twilight books out. I'm always super parnoid when I lend out my books.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Lol, I remember when I was obsessed with Scooby Doo. I had to have everything Scooby Doo. One of my friends still loves the series. XD

I've never loaned my books to anyone before. I offered one of my friends my copy of Twilight while at the same time I was cringing about it (I was texting him so he couldn't tell it kind of bugged me) but he never took up the offer. I'm super protective of my signed books. I keep my eyes glued on my friends whenever they're leafing through them. :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote:
Carrisa wrote: - I'm protective of my books and don't like other people handling them
Me too! I'm so glad I have an excuse not to lend my twilight books out. I'm always super parnoid when I lend out my books.

I never had lent out my books before and then I did my Twilight ones to my friend & then her mom. And then when I got them back BD's front cover was starting to come off :x
I know they probably didn't do it on purpose, but I'm still a little upset about it.
I will never lend books out again (especially ones that are my favorite & as important as Twilight :D )
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

pennybug84 wrote: I never had lent out my books before and then I did my Twilight ones to my friend & then her mom. And then when I got them back BD's front cover was starting to come off :x
I don't think it was your friend's fault, because the front cover of mine randomly started coming off, as did several of my other friends's copies. I'm guessing the first print had really crappy binding. Which sucks, because its my copy of Breaking Dawn that's signed!
Stupid crappy book printings. Its so a conspiracy against Twilight.

EDIT: WHOA! I sound like a hardcore Twi-fangirl right there! AHH THE HORROR!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

See I'll lend out my books, but only to my tw best friends. Both of whom I KNOW will take care of them. When anyone else asks I don't even own the book they're talking about !
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I trust one of my friends because it's crazy what good conditions her books are in, but my other friend.... Well, let's say the former friend I mentioned loaned her a book and it didn't come back the same. :shock: But, yeah, I don't loan just anyone my books.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, my friends aren't readers, so when they DO want a book, I'm super excited and I want them to read it so we can talk about it. Of course, then I'm paranoid when they have it. As a result, many of my books are sad. :( And I still need one back. :?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

Another friend of mine loaned this one girl her copies of New Moon and Eclipse and the girl never gave them back. Now she's trying to find a way to contact the girl and get them back. I said, "Why would you do that when you don't even really know her?" I'd have a heart attack if that would happen to me.
"Got it memorized?"
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^I would die if I had to go without half of my saga! I'd be worried about it 24/7, & I really hope your friend gets her books back soon!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

Mrs.TeddyBear wrote:^I would die if I had to go without half of my saga! I'd be worried about it 24/7, & I really hope your friend gets her books back soon!
It didn't seem to bother her too much but that's because I think she thought that it would be easy to get them back. I should ask her how it's going!
"Got it memorized?"