Dorks United

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Dorks United

Post by Valentina »

There are differences between geeks, dorks, and nerds.
Nerd: Smart, good at things like math and science, also likes things such as computers, video games, comics, and roleplaying on the internet.
Geek: Same as a nerd but without the book smarts. Gamers fall into this category. Most of us are probably geeks, cuz Twilight is about vampires. Makes it paranormal and thus 'geeky'.
Dork: Just weird. May have geek and nerd qualities but not as hardcore. For instance, someone who plays video games casually but is not a gamer may fall into this category.

I'm a geek or a dork, but mostly a dork. I have a mohawk and a Hannah Montana backpack. LOL And I also make up characters in my favourite fandoms and pretend to be them (just in my head... people already think I'm crazy).

Personally I like being a dork because I just don't care if something is cool or not. I just do my own thing and who cares if people make fun of me? I like what I like and I'm entitled to do that.
Edward Cullen Fan wrote: I absolutely love Weird Al. He's great. I got to see him in concert last summer and I was in the second row.
I saw Weird Al this summer and it was an outdoor concert... and I totally elbowed an older woman out of the way (like middle aged... not elderly!) to get her spot at the front. Then shoved her lawnchair in my side, but I fought back! Muahahaha!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

why haven't i noticed this thread before now?

I am such a dork...or i thought i was...now i'm wondering if maybe i'm a hybrid, a "GENEDO" or perhaps a "DOGENE" or a "GEDONE"

I stand up proud with my dork sisters and brothers and proclaim loudly that:

I AM A DORK, TRIED AND TRUE, AND I AM NOT ASHAMED!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

My wife has read all the books too. however, she thinks I am weird because I hang out on Lex all the time. I just wish I would have Lex a lot sooner than I had. So i guess I am a dork!
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Yeah my mother doesn't get internet fandom or why I'm so happy to be back in it. XP

Question, sort of offtopic though 37yearoldfan, what happens when you turn 38? Then your username won't be accurate.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL - everythime I tell my family I am chatting with my online friend, facebooking or whatever...

they think all the stalkers are coming after me.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Yeah my parents were like that at first, but my only stalked turned out to be someone I knew from school, so... LOL

My mum just doesn't get obsessed about things like I do. She'll read a book once and that's it. Same with movies. Sometimes she'll watch them years later if they're on TV. So to love something enough to join a community that discusses it all the time? Just makes no sense to her.
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

LOL - everythime I tell my family I am chatting with my online friend, facebooking or whatever...

they think all the stalkers are coming after me.
Uggh. I know. When I'm on msn my mum's always like "Do you know that person?""How do you know that person?""How can you really be sure it is that person and not some 40-something creep?"

Anyway, go the geeks!

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I'm a Dork!

Actually I refer to myself as a Geek. One of my friends calls me a Nerd. I'm not really sure which is more accurate. I am intelligent...I was Valedictorian in middle school and ranked 9th in my class in high school...but I hate math and science. English and History are my preferred subjects. I love to read and write. I collect comic books. I'm a gamer. I watch Discovery Channel and National Geographic Channel. I like foreign movies and anime. I refuse to watch English dubs, I want subtitles.

A fellow Geek showed me this once and I found it amusing.
Geek Hierarchy
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

since us dorks and geeks like dorky geeky things... I just found a newbie posting this on the welcome thread... personally I thought it was Hysterical. I hope you do also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOgZi9PVFw
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

spookybell,

watched the video you recommended. I thought the part about "sparkling" was hilarious. Thanks for that!