Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by Pel »

A place to discuss the series The Mortal Instruments.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by una »

I just finished reading City of Bones and loved it. As disappointed as I was in the outcome of the relationship of Jace and Clary, I can't wait to read the next one. Has anyone else read these? What do you think of the mythology?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Edward's Vampheart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward's Vampheart »

OMG!

I love the Mortal Instruments series!

I've read both City Of Bones and City Of Ashes. I'm now waiting for City Of Glass, which apparently comes out next year. I can't wait!

I love Jace!!! :D

^^^ Banner by the amazing Sparkles!

Proud lover of the Jonas Brothers!

If you want to add me on MSN send me a PM!
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

I've read City of Bones, which I LOVE! City of Ashes doesn't come out in Australia until the 1st of September o.O
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

City of Ashes was definitely better than City of Bones. I'm hoping City of Glass will be even better. I think Clare is getting to know her characters better and the writing is improving with each book.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

I'm in the middle of City of Ashes. I was disappointed with City of Bones - I mean, I loved it, but I felt a little played.

City of Bones Spoiler: (Mouse over the following to make it show up - I made it a hard color to read so no one would accidentally read it) I was really upset with the brother thing. I saw the Valentine-father thing coming. But I didn't see the sibling thing coming. I felt a little played, because she spent so much time building up this relationship between Clairy and Jace, and then... I mean, talk about a complex. The guy you're falling in love with... Bah.
Maybe when I finish City of Ashes, it'll redeem it for me.
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I felt the same way Ren which is why I'm looking forward to reading City of Ashes. What I am hoping for is that this was set up for a reason and that will be played out/exposed/revealed in this next book. You can tell that this writer is a little green, but in some ways I think that is why I enjoyed the story. Right now I'm waiting for our library to get it, so hopefully in a month or so I can join in a discussing involving the second book.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Ooo! We can booktalk then, Una. I'm like on Chapter Two. (I got a little distracted by the whole Breaking Dawn thing) so maybe by the time I get back into it, your library will have it, and we can finish about the same time. And either rant or rave or both about it. I'm hoping it'll fan out, and based on what Ni'Ma said, it sounds like Ashes will be better, so maybe it will. :)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

TWIN! I read City of Bones at the end of spring semester. I currently possess City of Ashes, but haven't had time to read it. I was diappointed in Bones, too, for the same reason. Grrr...very Luke and Leah (Star Wars). I really liked the book besides that. I can't believe I didn't know you were reading this. We must dish.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

TWIN!!! You silly girl, GNE, you are the one who recommended I read it! :lol: And I LOVE your analogy, it was VERY Luke and Leah however, even from the beginning of Star Wars, I always saw it as Leah and Solo... they just needed time. I never really saw Luke and Leah as anything more than just friends. But when I read City of Bones, it was SUCH a perfect pairing for Jace and Clary that I was REALLY annoyed that she did it. The worst part....she sets it up in such a way that you see it coming a chapter or two a head of time so you can be all worked up and angry when it comes out. *hangs head* Sorry for ranting.

Ren, it'd be great, you, GNE and I can read City of Ashes and come back and discuss. With what Nissanmama said I am hoping that this (annoying) plot point has a purpose that will be revealed later. I have hope...