Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by debussygirl »

CullensGirl14 wrote: A movie?! YAY! I'm not sure who i want to play Jace or Clary, i think it would be cool to use unknown actors, although i think Ian McKellan would be good as Hodge...although after playing Gandalf it might be bit to similar. Or how about Patrick Stewart?
Isn't Hodge the same age as Valentine? I think they should get someone younger than them for Hodge.
But I think it would be good to get unknown or near-unknowns for the kids and then have the experienced actors be the adults, just like they did for HP.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

debussygirl wrote:Isn't Hodge the same age as Valentine? I think they should get someone younger than them for Hodge.
But I think it would be good to get unknown or near-unknowns for the kids and then have the experienced actors be the adults, just like they did for HP.
I've always imagined Hodge as old, even if he is the same age as Valentine. As Hodge can't go out and is tutoring three children, premature grey hair and all that jazz.

I'm actually surprised they might be making this into a film, i hope that it will be done well, but i fear that Clary and Jace's (thought to be) forbidden love, as they are supposedly brother and sister, will either be left out or the people that rate the films (PG, 12, 15, 18 etc) will alienate the younger readers by rating it high.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

OMG! I am so excited! I was so sad that there wasn't going to be any more MI books, and now there is!! *throws a party*
and a movie too? Oh, I'm excited. I"m not sure I can wait until 2011 for COFA, by the way, the title totally doesn't flow with the rest of the series...interesting...
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: Cassandra Clare: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by copper curls »

OH. MY. GOD.

I have been a fan of the MI books for years, but have somehow been unable to find this thread until now… I know – I am ashamed.

I was so in love with the books, and was absolutely devastated when it ended. I reread the series again, so that I could convince myself that it wasn’t over. Then I read the books again. :oops:

When I found out about City of Fallen Angels, I could not contain my joy.
There are no other words for it. I was so unbelievably excited… and then on top of that, to find out that there is another series coming. Wow. I was beyond thrilled.

But, when I found out about the movie, I wasn’t actually that excited.
I sort of couldn’t help but be scared that it would get ruined, y’know? That the movie would suck, or that, all of sudden, people would be like, “so there’s this new movie…” and: “I think I might read the book or whatever?”
I’d already seen this same thing happen to Twilight, so of course I was scared that it would happen again, and to books that I love more than the Twilight Saga (don’t tell anyone I said that!).
and of course, the idea that they might alter the plot line to make it more “conventional” or “socially acceptable”… I will be very upset if this happens, but I must resign myself to the idea that it might.

Anyways… I just had to share all that with people who would understand. *shrugs* if you think I’m totally crazy that’s okay, too, but I’d love to talk more about the books.
Favorite book? Favorite character? Quote? What do you want to see happen in COFA?
What are you looking forward to in The Infernal Devices series??

Please let me know, because I’d love to talk more about these wonderful books. :D

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lol apparently I'm WAY late on jumping onto this thread, but I just finished the series (as it is right now) and I will say that I really enjoyed reading this series....It was something fresh, and it had a few definite plot twists that I never saw coming...anyone have any thoughts on what the new series will be like (Infernal Devices) or City of Fallen Angels?
ImageImageImageImage
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I just discovered these books last year and have really enjoyed them. I don't know what to think about the new series. I'll be honest, Magnus is not my favorite character. I don't know if I want to know more about him. I do like Simon though so I am interested in more about him and what becomes of him now.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I'm skeptical about the new series as well but I'm sure I'll give it a chance :)
Regarding "City of Fallen Angels" I don't know what to think...the story seemed complete in itself. I can't imagine a sequel...but, then again, I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm so fond of Mrs Claire's writing that I can't wait to read it.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: Cassandra Clare: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by copper curls »

dimber wrote:I'm skeptical about the new series as well but I'm sure I'll give it a chance :)
Regarding "City of Fallen Angels" I don't know what to think...the story seemed complete in itself. I can't imagine a sequel...but, then again, I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm so fond of Mrs Clare's writing that I can't wait to read it.
Originally, she had intended for TMI to be just the three books, and she had finished with that project and was writing The Infernal Devices (which, by the way, I am really looking forward to). However, she also wrote this short story about Simon which she intended to be for a graphic novel. That didn't pan out, and then she was left with this whole other story. So she embellished it, added to it, and voila! City of Fallen Angels. :D
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I don't know how I didn't see this thread. Well I just finished City of Ashes. So far I think that it is entertaining.
Spoiler Alert

I was surprised about the relationship between Jace and Clarrisa. I don't know how I missed that while I was reading City of Bones. I felt the author kinda threw that out there without any hints or building up to it. I could be wrong b/c I know at one point while reading COB my mind kinda wonder off. City of Ashes was good as well but I can't believe that J&C are siblings. I have to patiently wait for City of Glass b/c everyone has it on hold at my library.

This series won't replace Twilight Saga nothing will. Twilight holds a near and dear spot in my heart. We all have our opinions about favorites and Twilight is my flavor.
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

does anyone know when city of Angels comes out?
Banner by TammyAZ